the south needs another t.i. tbh..

Options
Paul Hate.
Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
You guys are horrible ? rappers 80 percent of the time so when he u hear lyrically compotent mcs like t.I. that can make nationally appealing music..

Not just trap or crunk or bounce or bootyshake but versatile well rounded music plus not be on some abc one two tres ? or a rapper with a gimmick that yells every last word..

You respect the south a bit more

Comments

• THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they could use one up north too

Let's be real with ourselves. Please.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Of course the South is doing the best of all the regions. Like for the last several years with no end in sight. Hence the mini backlash. The "resistance" seems to have been worn down though. But i understand how some from other regions cant help but catch feelings. Nobody in the South trippin about it haha.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Paul Hate. wrote: »
    You guys are horrible ? rappers 80 percent of the time so when he u hear lyrically compotent mcs like t.I. that can make nationally appealing music..

Not just trap or crunk or bounce or bootyshake but versatile well rounded music plus not be on some abc one two tres ? or a rapper with a gimmick that yells every last word..

You respect the south a bit more

The South just makes the music all regions prefer to listen to generally. Shrug. I see no evidence that every other region is better. In fact the opposite.
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Powerful thread!
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Young xscape tiny I would, but old didn't age well miss piggy looking herpes infested tiny I wouldn't touch
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Young xscape tiny I would, but old didn't age well miss piggy looking herpes infested tiny I wouldn't touch

Bruh she had a unibrow in xscape!!!

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Luda, Face, Bun, Jay Elec, 3000 >>> TI
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I will ? the ? out of Tiny. I know that ? a freak
  • c.b.b.
    c.b.b. Members Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The south needs more TI's, Outkast, Killer Mikes just like the North needs more Jay's, Nas' and Dmx's. ? is the point of this thread.

Right, every region needs artists with the calibur of the golden years.

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The south needs more TI's, Outkast, Killer Mikes just like the North needs more Jay's, Nas' and Dmx's. ? is the point of this thread.

When it comes to southern rappers its like a big ass inside joke that i'm not a part of. Are we not allowed to diss them or some ? ? I'm confused

So we really gon act like the MAJORITY of southern rappers aint ? lyrically? Lol

It should tell you somethin when nggas gotta use the same...ass...rappers as examples of good lyricists in the south: Outkast, TI, Ludacris...uh...uh....*running out*...Killer Mike...uh...David Banner!

Cmon people. Lets keep it 100. For the kids.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »

When it comes to southern rappers its like a big ass inside joke that i'm not a part of. Are we not allowed to diss them or some ? ? I'm confused

So we really gon act like the MAJORITY of southern rappers aint ? lyrically? Lol

It should tell you somethin when nggas gotta use the same...ass...rappers as examples of good lyricists in the south: Outkast, TI, Ludacris...uh...uh....*running out*...Killer Mike...uh...David Banner!

So u trynna tell me the same doesnt go for EVERY region? Watch this.....

It should tell you somethin when nggas gotta use the same...ass...rappers as examples of good lyricists in the north: Jay Z, Nas, Ghostface...uh...uh....*running out*...Talib Kweli...uh...AZ!

It should tell you somethin when nggas gotta use the same...ass...rappers as examples of good lyricists in the west: Cube, Tupac, Xzibit...uh...uh....*running out*...Crooked I...uh...Kendrick Lamar!

Cut it out Jack
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @scumbagstew dont know ? about hip hop...
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Devin The Dude, Lord Infamous, T-Rock, Ball & G, Goodie Mob, Facemob, Killa Kyleon, Starlito, Don Trip, Little Brother, Big K.R.I.T., Big Sant, Rittz, Scotty, Curren$y, Young Roddy, SL Jones (Little Rock by way of the A), Young Buck, Bun B, Boosie, Clipse, Young Dro, Z-Ro, Trae Tha Truth, Field Mob... I could go on

Some old, some new.. point is there's more lyricist in the south than what's being discussed

but the flipside is yall always bring up the same "wack" rappers from the south (Gucci, Waka, etc.) so what does that say? I mean some folks still bring up D4L like they've done ? lately lol
  • thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

th?id=H.4511537835475748&pid=1.7

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    edited July 2013
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It should tell you somethin when nggas gotta use the same...ass...rappers as examples of good lyricists in the north: Jay Z, Nas, Ghostface...uh...uh....*running out*...Talib Kweli...uh...AZ!

It should tell you somethin when nggas gotta use the same...ass...rappers as examples of good lyricists in the west: Cube, Tupac, Xzibit...uh...uh....*running out*...Crooked I...uh...Kendrick Lamar!

Cut it out Jack

Do you really wanna go name for name south vs east coast? Do we really need to do that? Lol Cmon fam.

But 1 name shyts on your whole argument: Keith Murray...random as ? right? But he's the perfect example of a dope as rapper that doesnt even come up in discussion b/c the bar is raised higher for East Coast rappers.

There's dozens of Keith Murrays on the east coast -dope as MCs who got lost in the shuffle b/c there so much competition

Meanwhile a southern rapper who annunciates and raps about more than his car and the trap = SOUTHERN LEGEND!

Lets not do this.

• blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man nobody in the south even likes killa Mike ...? still bump trick an pac as for ti eh that's how people feel bout ya he on de cline shout out to doe b
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

Cut it out Jack

Do you really wanna go name for name south vs east coast? Do we really need to do that? Lol Cmon fam.

But 1 name shyts on your whole argument: Keith Murray...random as ? right? But he's the perfect example of a dope as rapper that doesnt even come up in discussion b/c the bar is raised higher for East Coast rappers.

There's dozens of Keith Murrays on the east coast -dope as MCs who got lost in the shuffle b/c there so much competition

Meanwhile a southern rapper who annunciates and raps about more than his car and the trap = SOUTHERN LEGEND!

Lets not do this.

There's no point in going name for name cause unless you've but stuck under a rock you'd know that most of the music made in the south ain't supposed to be lyrical which is probably why they are still relevant unlike the north.

Funny how in your lil south list that supposedly everyone brings up your missing at least 2 or 3 rappers that should be there instead.
  • thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man nobody in the south even likes killa Mike ...? still bump trick an pac as for ti eh that's how people feel bout ya he on de cline shout out to doe b

Speak for yourself ? i know plenty of ? that rock to Killa Mike..