the south needs another t.i. tbh..

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brian B. wrote: »
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    The south needs more TI's, Outkast, Killer Mikes just like the North needs more Jay's, Nas' and Dmx's. ? is the point of this thread.

When it comes to southern rappers its like a big ass inside joke that i'm not a part of. Are we not allowed to diss them or some ? ? I'm confused

So we really gon act like the MAJORITY of southern rappers aint ? lyrically? Lol

It should tell you somethin when nggas gotta use the same...ass...rappers as examples of good lyricists in the south: Outkast, TI, Ludacris...uh...uh....*running out*...Killer Mike...uh...David Banner!

Cmon people. Lets keep it 100. For the kids.

Devin The Dude, Lord Infamous, T-Rock, Ball & G, Goodie Mob, Facemob, Killa Kyleon, Starlito, Don Trip, Little Brother, Big K.R.I.T., Big Sant, Rittz, Scotty, Curren$y, Young Roddy, SL Jones (Little Rock by way of the A), Young Buck, Bun B, Boosie, Clipse, Young Dro, Z-Ro, Trae Tha Truth, Field Mob... I could go on

Some old, some new.. point is there's more lyricist in the south than what's being discussed

but the flipside is yall always bring up the same "wack" rappers from the south (Gucci, Waka, etc.) so what does that say? I mean some folks still bring up D4L like they've done ? lately lol

I ? wit Spitta and Roddy! Phonte is one of my all time favorites. Scarface is in my top 5 DOA. I have all Devin's ? ...

But all those exceptions dont disprove the rule. I mean just look at the bolded. Thye nice, huh? Word? Like i said, the bar is lower.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    @scumbagstew dont know ? about hip hop...

never heard a whole TI album...
    Luda, Face, Bun, Jay Elec, 3000 >>> TI

Says the guy who judges rappers off of a few songs lol ? ?
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

the ? aint worth listening to like that... I've heard enough to make my decision... how much poison u gotta ingest to realize its deadly?
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    man nobody in the south even likes killa Mike ...? still bump trick an pac as for ti eh that's how people feel bout ya he on de cline shout out to doe b

Speak for yourself ? i know plenty of ? that rock to Killa Mike..

man shut yall internet ? keep bringin these dinosaurs to the table young trap dope sellers aint sure who mike is an outkast is over.....in these poverty high murder rate southern slang gang ? they bro they soft ...i ii..speak for jail house niggaa they decide whats hot in Hood streets good bye fancy ?
  • blackgod813
    young scooter an rich homie is the hottest in the street an i don't even ? with soft A ? like that
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    The south needs more TI's, Outkast, Killer Mikes just like the North needs more Jay's, Nas' and Dmx's. ? is the point of this thread.

When it comes to southern rappers its like a big ass inside joke that i'm not a part of. Are we not allowed to diss them or some ? ? I'm confused

So we really gon act like the MAJORITY of southern rappers aint ? lyrically? Lol

It should tell you somethin when nggas gotta use the same...ass...rappers as examples of good lyricists in the south: Outkast, TI, Ludacris...uh...uh....*running out*...Killer Mike...uh...David Banner!

So u trynna tell me the same doesnt go for EVERY region? Watch this.....

It should tell you somethin when nggas gotta use the same...ass...rappers as examples of good lyricists in the north: Jay Z, Nas, Ghostface...uh...uh....*running out*...Talib Kweli...uh...AZ!

It should tell you somethin when nggas gotta use the same...ass...rappers as examples of good lyricists in the west: Cube, Tupac, Xzibit...uh...uh....*running out*...Crooked I...uh...Kendrick Lamar!

Cut it out Jack

Do you really wanna go name for name south vs east coast? Do we really need to do that? Lol Cmon fam.

But 1 name shyts on your whole argument: Keith Murray...random as ? right? But he's the perfect example of a dope as rapper that doesnt even come up in discussion b/c the bar is raised higher for East Coast rappers.

There's dozens of Keith Murrays on the east coast -dope as MCs who got lost in the shuffle b/c there so much competition

Meanwhile a southern rapper who annunciates and raps about more than his car and the trap = SOUTHERN LEGEND!

Lets not do this.

There's no point in going name for name cause unless you've but stuck under a rock you'd know that most of the music made in the south ain't supposed to be lyrical which is probably why they are still relevant unlike the north.

Funny how in your lil south list that supposedly everyone brings up your missing at least 2 or 3 rappers that should be there instead.

Lol So on 1 hand you can admit southern MUSIC isnt made to be lyrical (wow)...but its a problem when people take the logical next step and point out that most southern MUSICIANS are essentially a byproduct of that.

But you cant adjust the truth. The truth is 'Turn down for what' and 'Some type of way' type songs r a staple of the south, and thus the rappers who make that are a staple of the south.

No matter how inconvenient it is to claim them in moments like this. they are the south. They represnt the south. Period. And before you bring in French Montana or some ? , for every French Montana in the east coast, there's 100 Rockos in the south.
  • thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    man nobody in the south even likes killa Mike ...? still bump trick an pac as for ti eh that's how people feel bout ya he on de cline shout out to doe b

Speak for yourself ? i know plenty of ? that rock to Killa Mike..

man shut yall internet ? keep bringin these dinosaurs to the table young trap dope sellers aint sure who mike is an outkast is over.....in these poverty high murder rate southern slang gang ? they bro they soft ...i ii..speak for jail house niggaa they decide whats hot in Hood streets good bye fancy ?

? you free shut that ? up
  • Stew

the ? aint worth listening to like that... I've heard enough to make my decision... how much poison u gotta ingest to realize its deadly?

A guy in this day and age that has 8 studio albums isn't worth listening to like that. Ok that makes perfect sense. The majority disagrees with you. Fact
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

"who is Fatlip ?"- Icecoldstew
  • Stew

So u trynna tell me the same doesnt go for EVERY region? Watch this.....

It should tell you somethin when nggas gotta use the same...ass...rappers as examples of good lyricists in the north: Jay Z, Nas, Ghostface...uh...uh....*running out*...Talib Kweli...uh...AZ!

It should tell you somethin when nggas gotta use the same...ass...rappers as examples of good lyricists in the west: Cube, Tupac, Xzibit...uh...uh....*running out*...Crooked I...uh...Kendrick Lamar!

Cut it out Jack

Do you really wanna go name for name south vs east coast? Do we really need to do that? Lol Cmon fam.

But 1 name shyts on your whole argument: Keith Murray...random as ? right? But he's the perfect example of a dope as rapper that doesnt even come up in discussion b/c the bar is raised higher for East Coast rappers.

There's dozens of Keith Murrays on the east coast -dope as MCs who got lost in the shuffle b/c there so much competition

Meanwhile a southern rapper who annunciates and raps about more than his car and the trap = SOUTHERN LEGEND!

Lets not do this.

There's no point in going name for name cause unless you've but stuck under a rock you'd know that most of the music made in the south ain't supposed to be lyrical which is probably why they are still relevant unlike the north.

Funny how in your lil south list that supposedly everyone brings up your missing at least 2 or 3 rappers that should be there instead.

Lol So on 1 hand you can admit southern MUSIC isnt made to be lyrical (wow)...but its a problem when people take the logical next step and point out that most southern MUSICIANS are essentially a byproduct of that.

But you cant adjust the truth. The truth is 'Turn down for what' and 'Some type of way' type songs r a staple of the south, and thus the rappers who make that are a staple of the south.

No matter how inconvenient it is to claim them in moments like this. they are the south. They represnt the south. Period. And before you bring in French Montana or some ? , for every French Montana in the east coast, there's 100 Rockos in the south.

lol at "before I mention French Montana" ? u can't win this convo as long as you have NY ? Makin southern music. Why u think northern "lyrical" Hip Hop is irrelevant? U can call the ? wack all you want but the ? been alive and poppin for over a decade now. Jayz whole album is damn near made up of southern production and simple lyrics while Killer Mike just put out some str8 lyrical Hip Hop ? .

Who ? cares but going back to your first post was just flawed cause everybody gets compared to the best. You will always hear the same rappers being mentioned in any region. "Why ? always compare Lebron to MJ and Kobe?" cause their the best. U ain't gonna hear ? being mentioned with Keith Murray cause he ain't amongst the best. Simple
  • Meta_Conscious

A guy in this day and age that has 8 studio albums isn't worth listening to like that. Ok that makes perfect sense. The majority disagrees with you. Fact

I'm supposed to like him because he made a lot of albums? ?
    Nelly was popular too...
  • Stew

I'm supposed to like him because he made a lot of albums? ?
    Nelly was popular too...

Who said you're supposed to like him? Not liking him and not knowing the music is completely different smart guy.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We dont need clones and doubles, but I guess to emulate T.I. or Outkast style would be a little tougher than say Gucci or Future so I agree with you in theory, but I'd probably ask for someone a little hungrier than TIP.

His lyrical content these days isnt to far off from the braggadocio of someone Jigga or Kanye
  • blackgod813
    but we letting a fat wet back ? span who should be talking bout immigration light skin hatian talk down on the south with a weak opinion ...i mean look at his list nobody in his list could sell out a vfw banquet ....
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    good post who will be the next quality artist from the south to carry on the tradition that artist like Outkast, Goodie Mobb etc... started ...... ???????

• blackgod813
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The south sucks the majority of he time man come on.most other regions generally suck imo particuarlay the south and the west coast ..east coast and a lot of midwest has the best share of spittas.

Cool the whakcest ? in rap will have a nice song or two I could ? with in the club or stripjoint but generally speaking southern cats ain't saying nuthing and def can't rap.

T.I. is a dude that is above average lyrically and makes good and occasionally great albums and has natiowide appeal.

If most south mcs cud say that no one would have an issue with this reign of atlanta ? ? been suffering through for years now.

Point blank most east ? period cud spit ? ny the entire region gets busy the south is pretty much the opposite.
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing is I don't think dudes gotta be second coming of rakim on the mic to make good music..not at all.

But all these bricksquad level lyricsts need to drown or something.
  • Stew
    Paul Hate. wrote: »
    The south sucks the majority of he time man come on.most other regions generally suck imo particuarlay the south and the west coast ..east coast and a lot of midwest has the best share of spittas.

Cool the whakcest ? in rap will have a nice song or two I could ? with in the club or stripjoint but generally speaking southern cats ain't saying nuthing and def can't rap.

T.I. is a dude that is above average lyrically and makes good and occasionally great albums and has natiowide appeal.

If most south mcs cud say that no one would have an issue with this reign of atlanta ? ? been suffering through for years now.

Point blank most east ? period cud spit ? ny the entire region gets busy the south is pretty much the opposite.

Prove it and I aint talkin bout ? in the 90s.
  • blackgod813
    dead prez defeats ya agenda
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brian B. wrote: »

Devin The Dude, Lord Infamous, T-Rock, Ball & G, Goodie Mob, Facemob, Killa Kyleon, Starlito, Don Trip, Little Brother, Big K.R.I.T., Big Sant, Rittz, Scotty, Curren$y, Young Roddy, SL Jones (Little Rock by way of the A), Young Buck, Bun B, Boosie, Clipse, Young Dro, Z-Ro, Trae Tha Truth, Field Mob... I could go on

Some old, some new.. point is there's more lyricist in the south than what's being discussed

but the flipside is yall always bring up the same "wack" rappers from the south (Gucci, Waka, etc.) so what does that say? I mean some folks still bring up D4L like they've done ? lately lol

I ? wit Spitta and Roddy! Phonte is one of my all time favorites. Scarface is in my top 5 DOA. I have all Devin's ? ...

But all those exceptions dont disprove the rule. I mean just look at the bolded. Thye nice, huh? Word? Like i said, the bar is lower.

Yea they nice, jus cuz you don't like their music or content doesn't mean otherwise.. jus means you don't like it

& can yall name all the rappers from below the Mason-Dixon? If not then where is this "majority" comin from? Are yall talkin bout the majority of the mainstream or what?

• Meta_Conscious
    also... why we acting like TI did anything for the south other than ride the wave?
  • blackmagic713
    blackmagic713 Members Posts: 3
    Houston got a few nice artist on the come up. Stay tunned...
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Houston got a few nice artist on the come up. Stay tunned...

A few bitter internet haters will probably still hate regardless. It has nothing to do with the music, its the fact that the South has ran this too long and they cant top it. My city is the most successful and surprise! the most hated. (Or at least was, the A had em foamin at the mouth at 1 point). One thing about haters is they are on a dead end path. Like Ti said "ignore em till they fade away" thats what we do here and beat em at the same time. Its all good. I laugh it off cause its just like that "you mad" gif. Let em embarrass themselves and stop nothin.