the south needs another t.i. tbh..

Options

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    lol at "before I mention French Montana" ? u can't win this convo as long as you have NY ? Makin southern music. Why u think northern "lyrical" Hip Hop is irrelevant? U can call the ? wack all you want but the ? been alive and poppin for over a decade now. Jayz whole album is damn near made up of southern production and simple lyrics while Killer Mike just put out some str8 lyrical Hip Hop ? .

Who ? cares but going back to your first post was just flawed cause everybody gets compared to the best. You will always hear the same rappers being mentioned in any region. "Why ? always compare Lebron to MJ and Kobe?" cause their the best. U ain't gonna hear ? being mentioned with Keith Murray cause he ain't amongst the best. Simple

We're lookin at the same exact thing from a different view. You're lookin at popularity, and i'm lookin at lyricism.

The south dumbed it down and prospered. Yes
    East coast cats followed suit and bit their style to cater to whats popular-YES.

Neither of those points have anything to do with lyrics. I can sumultaneously respect the hustle, while still pointing out that from a LYRICAL standpoint, them nggas is still trash
    Brian B. wrote: »
    Yea they nice, jus cuz you don't like their music or content doesn't mean otherwise.. jus means you don't like it

& can yall name all the rappers from below the Mason-Dixon? If not then where is this "majority" comin from? Are yall talkin bout the majority of the mainstream or what?

I sure cannot fam.

But u right. Its all just opinion. And imo Lil Boosie or Young Dro are nowhere near 'dope mc's'...and imo its laughable, and basically proves every point i've made in this thread.
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    dont let me lay da smakdown on a muthafucka this evenin

lemme find out i got to

"is wayne brady gon have to choke a ? "
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No T.I.'s out there. No-one is trying to get something over like he was trying to do with Trap Muzik and that King of the South title. Outkast, UGK, Scarface, etc. had already got the south respect. People just need to be themselves that is why Cole is currently doing the best out of new southern artists because he is just making music that people think is good. Krit ? himself with that King Remembered in Time moniker, just my opinion, plus I never see him making consistent mainstream hits.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao @ turn down 4 what and some type of way being "staples" of the south, i aint heard neither song but a combined 1 time
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    lol at "before I mention French Montana" ? u can't win this convo as long as you have NY ? Makin southern music. Why u think northern "lyrical" Hip Hop is irrelevant? U can call the ? wack all you want but the ? been alive and poppin for over a decade now. Jayz whole album is damn near made up of southern production and simple lyrics while Killer Mike just put out some str8 lyrical Hip Hop ? .

Who ? cares but going back to your first post was just flawed cause everybody gets compared to the best. You will always hear the same rappers being mentioned in any region. "Why ? always compare Lebron to MJ and Kobe?" cause their the best. U ain't gonna hear ? being mentioned with Keith Murray cause he ain't amongst the best. Simple

We're lookin at the same exact thing from a different view. You're lookin at popularity, and i'm lookin at lyricism.

East coast cats followed suit and bit their style to cater to whats popular-YES.

Neither of those points have anything to do with lyrics. I can sumultaneously respect the hustle, while still pointing out that from a LYRICAL standpoint, them nggas is still trash
    Yea they nice, jus cuz you don't like their music or content doesn't mean otherwise.. jus means you don't like it

& can yall name all the rappers from below the Mason-Dixon? If not then where is this "majority" comin from? Are yall talkin bout the majority of the mainstream or what?

I sure cannot fam.

But u right. Its all just opinion. And imo Lil Boosie or Young Dro are nowhere near 'dope mc's'...and imo its laughable, and basically proves every point i've made in this thread.

Lmao bruh you really didn't prove your point (if the point being "majority of southern rappers are trash")

cuz you yourself said you can't name all the rappers below the Mason-Dixon, therefor where is this "majority" comin from?

even w/ your response to my 1st post, you only said 3 or 4 of the artist I named weren't up to par & that wasn't the majority of artist named
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wtf is this blackgod ? talking about
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CJ wrote: »
    Wtf is this blackgod ? talking about

Not a damn thing.
  • Brian B.
    Options
    Tela, ? , Playa Fly, Mac, Fiend, Kilo Ali, Lil KeKe, ESG, Chamillionaire, Slim Thug, G Mane, Yelawolf, Jackie Chain, Kingpin Skinny ? , Tito Lopez, Juvenile, B.G., etc.

I could respect yall opinion (might not agree) on the majority of the south being trash if yall could at least back it up

Cuz of all the names I've dropped so far it seems like the opposite of the majority being trash
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I sure cannot fam.

boosie talk about devils like u an if u nt a saltine u might aswell b one
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The south needs more TI's, Outkast, Killer Mikes just like the North needs more Jay's, Nas' and Dmx's. ? is the point of this thread.

When it comes to southern rappers its like a big ass inside joke that i'm not a part of. Are we not allowed to diss them or some ? ? I'm confused

So we really gon act like the MAJORITY of southern rappers aint ? lyrically? Lol

It should tell you somethin when nggas gotta use the same...ass...rappers as examples of good lyricists in the south: Outkast, TI, Ludacris...uh...uh....*running out*...Killer Mike...uh...David Banner!

Cmon people. Lets keep it 100. For the kids.

Devin The Dude, Lord Infamous, T-Rock, Ball & G, Goodie Mob, Facemob, Killa Kyleon, Starlito, Don Trip, Little Brother, Big K.R.I.T., Big Sant, Rittz, Scotty, Curren$y, Young Roddy, SL Jones (Little Rock by way of the A), Young Buck, Bun B, Boosie, Clipse, Young Dro, Z-Ro, Trae Tha Truth, Field Mob... I could go on

Some old, some new.. point is there's more lyricist in the south than what's being discussed

but the flipside is yall always bring up the same "wack" rappers from the south (Gucci, Waka, etc.) so what does that say? I mean some folks still bring up D4L like they've done ? lately lol

And people dont with other regions? I remember when i used to bring up TDE here as dope artists from the West a few years ago and everybody here didn't care or called them irrelevant & talked about how the West ain't had ? since Death Row even though they're always been tons of talented MC's. That's always how it goes. People go off things that has had impact and/or success.

Half the people you mentioned i've never heard of. You're just playing around what dude said. I'm not saying i agree with him but you just playing around it.

You can't just mention random artist cuz you know you don't think like that about other regions yourself. He's obviously taking about what we've seen in the mainstream over the years.
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SnuffDaddy wrote: »
    The south needs more TI's, Outkast, Killer Mikes just like the North needs more Jay's, Nas' and Dmx's. ? is the point of this thread.

When it comes to southern rappers its like a big ass inside joke that i'm not a part of. Are we not allowed to diss them or some ? ? I'm confused

So we really gon act like the MAJORITY of southern rappers aint ? lyrically? Lol

It should tell you somethin when nggas gotta use the same...ass...rappers as examples of good lyricists in the south: Outkast, TI, Ludacris...uh...uh....*running out*...Killer Mike...uh...David Banner!

Devin The Dude, Lord Infamous, T-Rock, Ball & G, Goodie Mob, Facemob, Killa Kyleon, Starlito, Don Trip, Little Brother, Big K.R.I.T., Big Sant, Rittz, Scotty, Curren$y, Young Roddy, SL Jones (Little Rock by way of the A), Young Buck, Bun B, Boosie, Clipse, Young Dro, Z-Ro, Trae Tha Truth, Field Mob... I could go on

Some old, some new.. point is there's more lyricist in the south than what's being discussed

but the flipside is yall always bring up the same "wack" rappers from the south (Gucci, Waka, etc.) so what does that say? I mean some folks still bring up D4L like they've done ? lately lol

And people dont with other regions? I remember when i used to bring up TDE here as dope artists from the West a few years ago and everybody here didn't care or called them irrelevant & talked about how the West ain't had ? since Death Row even though they're always been tons of talented MC's. That's always how it goes. People go off things that has had impact and/or success.

Half the people you mentioned i've never heard of. You're just playing around what dude said. I'm not saying i agree with him but you just playing around it.

You can't just mention random artist cuz you know you don't think like that about other regions yourself. He's obviously taking about what we've seen in the mainstream over the years.

des half the problem there
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So u trynna tell me the same doesnt go for EVERY region? Watch this.....

It should tell you somethin when nggas gotta use the same...ass...rappers as examples of good lyricists in the north: Jay Z, Nas, Ghostface...uh...uh....*running out*...Talib Kweli...uh...AZ!

It should tell you somethin when nggas gotta use the same...ass...rappers as examples of good lyricists in the west: Cube, Tupac, Xzibit...uh...uh....*running out*...Crooked I...uh...Kendrick Lamar!

Cut it out Jack

Do you really wanna go name for name south vs east coast? Do we really need to do that? Lol Cmon fam.

But 1 name shyts on your whole argument: Keith Murray...random as ? right? But he's the perfect example of a dope as rapper that doesnt even come up in discussion b/c the bar is raised higher for East Coast rappers.

There's dozens of Keith Murrays on the east coast -dope as MCs who got lost in the shuffle b/c there so much competition

Meanwhile a southern rapper who annunciates and raps about more than his car and the trap = SOUTHERN LEGEND!

Lets not do this.

? Keith Murray ain't shittin on a muthafuckin thing...

I'll take Bun verses up against anything Keith Murray said...

FOH ? ...
  • poindexter2
    poindexter2 Members Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't worry Rich Homie Quan is gonna take over where TI left off. I mean come on his facebook status get 10k likes and he gets 25k retweets daily.....swag
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Paul Hate. wrote: »
    The south sucks the majority of he time man come on.most other regions generally suck imo particuarlay the south and the west coast ..east coast and a lot of midwest has the best share of spittas.

Cool the whakcest ? in rap will have a nice song or two I could ? with in the club or stripjoint but generally speaking southern cats ain't saying nuthing and def can't rap.

T.I. is a dude that is above average lyrically and makes good and occasionally great albums and has natiowide appeal.

If most south mcs cud say that no one would have an issue with this reign of atlanta ? ? been suffering through for years now.

Point blank most east ? period cud spit ? ny the entire region gets busy the south is pretty much the opposite.

Prove it and I aint talkin bout ? in the 90s.

? been dodging this challenge on the I.c. for years
  • Brian B.
    Options
    SnuffDaddy wrote: »

Lol I'm not playin around, some folks said the majority is trash & I'm jus tryna establish a basis on what the majority is

Cuz the way they're implying it isn't jus mainstream
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly alot of new age rappers in not very impressed with regardless of the region. And one of the worst happens to come from ny. That asap ferg dude is horrible beyond comprehension
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It should tell you somethin when nggas gotta use the same...ass...rappers as examples of good lyricists in the north: Jay Z, Nas, Ghostface...uh...uh....*running out*...Talib Kweli...uh...AZ!

It should tell you somethin when nggas gotta use the same...ass...rappers as examples of good lyricists in the west: Cube, Tupac, Xzibit...uh...uh....*running out*...Crooked I...uh...Kendrick Lamar!

Cut it out Jack

Do you really wanna go name for name south vs east coast? Do we really need to do that? Lol Cmon fam.

But 1 name shyts on your whole argument: Keith Murray...random as ? right? But he's the perfect example of a dope as rapper that doesnt even come up in discussion b/c the bar is raised higher for East Coast rappers.

There's dozens of Keith Murrays on the east coast -dope as MCs who got lost in the shuffle b/c there so much competition

Meanwhile a southern rapper who annunciates and raps about more than his car and the trap = SOUTHERN LEGEND!

Lets not do this.

FOH ? ...

Keith Murray is an example. Plug in any rapper from that era.

So many lyrically dope rappers who didnt blow. Why? B/c their competition was Jay, Big, Nas, Tribe, Wu, Pun, Mos, Lox, Talib, etc.

On the other hand...Now, Bun is nice. But Is he a GOAT rapper? Could he have gon head to head with legends and held his own if THAT was the bar he was held to?

Im 1000% objective, so certain cats absolutely could: Face, 3k, Jay Elec, Phonte...

But imo, Bun B is the prime example.of a good rapper who due to a lowered bar and lesser competiton is overrated by the south.

'to the blind man, the 1 eyed man is king'
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cut it out Jack

Lets not do this.

FOH ? ...

So many lyrically dope rappers who didnt blow. Why? B/c their competition was Jay, Big, Nas, Tribe, Wu, Pun, Mos, Lox, Talib, etc.

On the other hand...Now, Bun is nice. But Is he a GOAT rapper? Could he have gon head to head with legends and held his own if THAT was the bar he was held to?

Im 1000% objective, so certain cats absolutely could: Face, 3k, Jay Elec, Phonte...

But imo, Bun B is the prime example.of a good rapper who due to a lowered bar and lesser competiton is overrated by the south.

that era is over tho.... so if u cant name someone today from NY who isnt from that era who is doper than all the southern mcs yall dissed in here then its no point... I saw someone list a bunch of great southern mcs and i THINK IT WAS U SAID i DONT KNOW 50% of them... thats another problem u cant be making assumptions like that is u aint familiar with the artist.... Mac is a great lyracist and has 2 classic albums to me but no northern cat on this board ever mentions him.... If u only know who the radio plays thats on u... yall get all the music late anyway. ? like Rich Homie Quan and Future been out 2and 3 years before u catch wind
  • thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cut it out Jack

Lets not do this.

FOH ? ...

Wtf kinda logic is that??
    He is only good bcuz he is compared to southern artist??
    He dont just release music to be the best in the south or just for southern competition Bun can spit..
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Blackgod in here speakin facts

I aint never in my life heard a killer mike song outside the ic

Whoever said big krit The next ti must used to get served by tip back in the day

Ti spit nothin but trap ? before he went to prison, krit aint on that ?

The first ? I ever heard from tip was 24s, syraight ignorant ?

Aint gon be another ti

His police ass
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What NY rapper under 30 is even doing anything right now? Hell, Gucci has put more money in NY rappers' pockets than Nas has...
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cut it out Jack

Lets not do this.

FOH ? ...

Bruh one of Jay-Zs most memorable lines he FLAT OUT STOLE from Bun B(once upon a time not too long ago... you know the rest). Bun B is not just a good southern rapper he is a good rapper period no matter what coast he comes from. Respect a legend bruh and shut your mouth. You were entitled to your opinion until you tried to downplay one of the GOATs to make your point. ? outta here ? .
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The south already got another ti

We stole jadakiss years ago
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beefing the south in 2013? its over with regionalism. We need more quality artists like K. Dot and Cole on the airwaves.