black people are hypocrites and in general lack critical thinking skills

Options
Star Nine
Star Nine Members Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2013 in R & R (Religion and Race)
We as a race are such hypocrites and a perfect example of this is in the don lemon thread. the reason why i chose to make this thread and not in grown and sexy is because you cant have a logical discussion in there. As soon as someone black critisiese the black community other black people call the person a ? and a sellout ect when the real ? are the priests and some of these rappers who hold power in the black community. Why aren't these so called priests bringing up the black problems in the black community at church? Because they dont care they dont even live in the hood they live in the suburbs.

We all know what the problems the black community has yet we continue to do the same thing over and over. For eaxmple we all know and see what single parent households has done to the black community yet these black females continue to have babies with these ? guys. How can any female of self value have several kids by several guys

Comments

• Wild Willie in the A
    Wild Willie in the A Members Posts: 281
    Options
    troll......... lol...lol.. nah just kidding I feel ya, cant disagree with some of these ninjas on this site for ? !!
  • Star Nine
    Options
    troll......... lol...lol.. nah just kidding I feel ya, cant disagree with some of these ninjas on this site for ? !!
    ? are so stupid watch this thread is going to have 10 replies but if this thread was about some big ? hoes it would have been 5 pages

• Big James
    Big James Members Posts: 345 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You should have put big ? hoe in your title. It's all about marketing.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I can't lie. I feel this was too sometimes.

I also believe black people as a group are too sheepish. It's like everyone is waiting for someone to tell them what to do. That's why the church is still so big in the Black community. It's not that people are that spiritual, which would be fine. It's that they like and basically need to have that place where they can go find an authority that will instruct them in everything they should do and they'll blindly follow.

The hypocrisy part is the worse to be though because I hate hypocrisy. I can't stand the so called pro-black people who will spend hours ranting about all the bad ? that white people say and do and then turn around and say and do all that stuff in reference to other races. It's disgusting.
  • Big James
    Big James Members Posts: 345 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is portion the black community that is hell bent on destroying itself. Help those that want the help, but don' t waste to much time on the ? . That ? will get you depressed.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My criticism of don lemon stems from me questioning the true intent of his criticism. We know these problems exist, we know they need to be corrected. Efforts are being made. But the segment struck me as condescending blame to our culture for our injustice in this country. Cause it ain't our culture that's bringing the constant injustice towards our people, it's the racism of this country.

He simply tried to feed us the same stereotypes society uses against us, which is some uncle tom ? . They're claiming that the dudes a ? anyway. If that's true, he should know enough about discrimination to not just start pointing fingers with typical deflections that distract from the real issue.

But that's what house ? do. Put down other blacks and tell master, "we's sho' told them, masa".

• Star Nine
    Options

I also believe black people as a group are too sheepish. It's like everyone is waiting for someone to tell them what to do. That's why the church is still so big in the Black community. It's not that people are that spiritual, which would be fine. It's that they like and basically need to have that place where they can go find an authority that will instruct them in everything they should do and they'll blindly follow.

The hypocrisy part is the worse to be though because I hate hypocrisy. I can't stand the so called pro-black people who will spend hours ranting about all the bad ? that white people say and do and then turn around and say and do all that stuff in reference to other races. It's disgusting.

some of these pro black people are such hypocrisies have any of these so called pro black people even gone into the hoods where black on black crime is very high to preach?
  • Star Nine
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    My criticism of don lemon stems from me questioning the true intent of his criticism. We know these problems exist, we know they need to be corrected. Efforts are being made. But the segment struck me as condescending blame to our culture for our injustice in this country. Cause it ain't our culture that's bringing the constant injustice towards our people, it's the racism of this country.

He simply tried to feed us the same stereotypes society uses against us, which is some uncle tom ? . They're claiming that the dudes a ? anyway. If that's true, he should know enough about discrimination to not just start pointing fingers with typical deflections that distract from the real issue.

But that's what house ? do. Put down other blacks and tell master, "we's sho' told them, masa".
    Since you actually took time to write a civil reply. Ill reply to waht you said. This here is not true what black people do not see is whole picture does racism exist? yes but we ourselves are far more destructive just look around how the black on black crime the church single parent household is destroying black community
  • Star Nine
    Options
    the kkk doesn't even need to ? black people anymore young black people are killing young black people
  • Star Nine
    Options
    Another classic example i hear is "Black people get long sentences for drug charges". We ALL know what drugs have done to the black community in the past and present but yet black continue continue to use sell and glorify something that destroyed the black community and this is all done by these rappers
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Halfabrick wrote: »

some of these pro black people are such hypocrisies have any of these so called pro black people even gone into the hoods where black on black crime is very high to preach?

I can't speak for all, but I know of the ones I met, the louder they barked their ? , the less they actually did to help. I mean there was a classic example when I was in college. There was this one dude that was Black this and Black that always, and another guy that was a little whitewashed on account of him growing up around white people. Well the Pro Black dude always used to give him a hard time. He called him every name in the book. But when you really looked at the two, all the Pro black dude ever did was read books, take classes, and run his mouth while the "Sellout" volunteered regularly at the poor black school down the street tutoring and taking part in their fundraisers.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We can't be grouped together. We're all different. Black people are what you would call, a group of individuals.

.... Also this whole conversation is a big distraction. Worry about your part of the world, not the world in its entirety. If you get to a position where you can influence others, then act accordingly.
  • Star Nine
    Options

I can't speak for all, but I know of the ones I met, the louder they barked their ? , the less they actually did to help. I mean there was a classic example when I was in college. There was this one dude that was Black this and Black that always, and another guy that was a little whitewashed on account of him growing up around white people. Well the Pro Black dude always used to give him a hard time. He called him every name in the book. But when you really looked at the two, all the Pro black dude ever did was read books, take classes, and run his mouth while the "Sellout" volunteered regularly at the poor black school down the street tutoring and taking part in their fundraisers.

This is what i'm talking about. All these so called black leaders are preaching their ? when they live far away in their houses in the suburbs
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    We can't be grouped together. We're all different. Black people are what you would call, a group of individuals.

.... Also this whole conversation is a big distraction. Worry about your part of the world, not the world in its entirety. If you get to a position where you can influence others, then act accordingly.

Except that whole stance is false. If people thought that way, the Civil Rights movement never would have occurred. Just because you're different doesn't mean you can't stand for and work towards a common cause.
  • kzzl
    edited July 2013
    Options

Since you actually took time to write a civil reply. Ill reply to waht you said. This here is not true what black people do not see is whole picture does racism exist? yes but we ourselves are far more destructive just look around how the black on black crime the church single parent household is destroying black community

How is that not true? Racism is the bigger problem here.

There are destructive factors in our community. I'd like to say that solving all these problems would solve the rest. But the fact is that we can't really say that. We can't say that up lifting the black community is going to do us any good when great men have tried that already. They tried and were killed as a result. Men far more educated, disciplined, and versed in the power of voice than any of us. They didn't wear baggy clothes, they weren't in the trap house, they were the complete opposite of our modern stereotypes. Still they were hated and murdered by the hundreds in the past.

What's to say that donning a suit, reading a few books, and going cold turkey is going to change anything. No amount of education and fancy clothes is going to change that we're black. And when it's their hate for the color of our skin that started all this you can't just point the blame at hip hop culture and loose women.

• brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We as a race are such hypocrites and a perfect example of this is in the don lemon thread. the reason why i chose to make this thread and not in grown and sexy is because you cant have a logical discussion in there. As soon as someone black critisiese the black community other black people call the person a ? and a sellout ect when the real ? are the priests and some of these rappers who hold power in the black community. Why aren't these so called priests bringing up the black problems in the black community at church? Because they dont care they dont even live in the hood they live in the suburbs.

We all know what the problems the black community has yet we continue to do the same thing over and over. For eaxmple we all know and see what single parent households has done to the black community yet these black females continue to have babies with these ? guys. How can any female of self value have several kids by several guys

A preacher isn't gonna speak on single parent households. Their audience is mostly single mothers can't scare away the people you depend on.
  • Star Nine
    Options

There are destructive factors in our community. I'd like to say that solving all these problems would solve the rest. But the fact is that we can't really say that. We can't say that up lifting the black community is going to do us any good when great men have tried that already. They tried and were killed as a result. Men far more educated, disciplined, and versed in the power voice than any of us. They didn't wear baggy clothes, they weren't in the trap house, they were the complete opposite of our modern stereotypes. Still they were hated and murdered by the hundreds in the past.

What's to say that donning a suit, reading a few books, and going cold turkey is going to change anything. No amount of education and fancy clothes is going to change that we're black. And when it's their hate for the color of our skin that started all this you can't just point the blame at hip hop culture and loose women.

You never deconstructed what I said you just simply reworded a few things to make it sound like you did. I already acknowledged racism is a problem and it exists. But the picture is far bigger than just white people hating black people. it's not Racism that is causing all this destructive behavior done by black people to black people
  • Wild Willie in the A
    Wild Willie in the A Members Posts: 281
    edited July 2013
    Options
    IMO....part of the problem is we black people still try and equate racism to a simple black and white thing, when that is not the case anymore. Racism has evolved past the 50's and 60's..hell even the 90's...Racism now is not about black or white, its Societal Racism...upper class vs middle class vs lower class
  • NothingButTheTruth
    Options

Except that whole stance is false. If people thought that way, the Civil Rights movement never would have occurred. Just because you're different doesn't mean you can't stand for and work towards a common cause.

You're taking it out of context. I'm talking about now in 2013. In 2013, we are a group of individuals. We all have completely different stances when it comes to race relations, equality, problems in the black community etc. Some of us think there's a lot of work to be done, some of us think we've made it, some of us think everything is fine... and the list goes on and on.

Basically, there are too many chiefs right now. Because of this, my solution is for everyone to worry about their part of the world, unless they're in a position to EFFECTIVELY influence people on a larger scale.
  • Star Nine
    Options

You're taking it out of context. I'm talking about now in 2013. In 2013, we are a group of individuals. We all have completely different stances when it comes to race relations, equality, problems in the black community etc. Some of us think there's a lot of work to be done, some of us think we've made it, some of us think everything is fine... and the list goes on and on.

Basically, there are too many chiefs right now. Because of this, my solution is for everyone to worry about their part of the world, unless they're in a position to EFFECTIVELY influence people on a larger scale.

This can be said for any race though. Just take a look at the jews and how closely connected their community is
  • kzzl
    edited July 2013
    Options

There are destructive factors in our community. I'd like to say that solving all these problems would solve the rest. But the fact is that we can't really say that. We can't say that up lifting the black community is going to do us any good when great men have tried that already. They tried and were killed as a result. Men far more educated, disciplined, and versed in the power voice than any of us. They didn't wear baggy clothes, they weren't in the trap house, they were the complete opposite of our modern stereotypes. Still they were hated and murdered by the hundreds in the past.

You never deconstructed what I said you just simply reworded a few things to make it sound like you did. I already acknowledged racism is a problem and it exists. But the picture is far bigger than just white people hating black people. it's not Racism that is causing all this destructive behavior done by black people to black people

You bolded that me saying racism was an issue wasn't true. I explained to you one of the reasons I think it is in detail. The black communtiy needs to clean up it's act, but it's the hate of racist white america that still leaves us uncertain if we'll be able to fully gain the control we need of our community.

I've 400+ years of evidence to prove that.

• NothingButTheTruth
    Options
    IMO....part of the problem is we black people still try and equate racism to a simple black and white thing, when that is not the case anymore. Racism has evolved past the 50's and 60's..hell even the 90's...Racism now is not about black or white, its Societal Racism...upper class vs middle class vs lower class

Not really. It's always been about upper vs. middle class/lower class. It's just black people have to deal with both forms of "racism." You still need to be 10 times better than your white counterpart to get the same job.
  • Star Nine
    Options

You bolded that me saying racism was an issue wasn't true. I explained to you one of the reasons I think it is in detail.

You're misunderstand my first response to you. I ALREADY ACKNOWLEDGED racism existed before you explained in detail
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the real issue people have with what Don Lemon said is that it hit way too close to home. People don't want to recognize that they are a large part of their own problems. Racism is very real and still affects us to a large degree. But we as a community have been dumbed down by reality shows, alcohol and drugs, and the welfare system. As a huge fan of rap (conscious and ignorant) I can say that it is detrimental to our community. Mature adult are able to take what rappers say and decipher the ? from the real, but rap is marketed to young kids who take all the ? spewed nowadays to be fact. Rap is how kids learn to dress, how to talk, and what to value. It's sad
  • Star Nine
    Options

Not really. It's always been about upper vs. middle class/lower class. It's just black people have to deal with both forms of "racism." You still need to be 10 times better than your white counterpart to get the same job.
    Which is why we need and should stick together and create our own jobs just look at our minorities they create their own hoods and companies and businesses and only employ people from their own country