D.O.S (death of sugar)

Options
LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
IC fellas and sistas

it is high time we chase and eliminate industrial sugar from our diet.
it is easy to say but hard to do.
Tell us about how you do or aim to accomplish that task.

Comments

• spiritgod87
    spiritgod87 Members Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Too much sugar can ? . I jus cut back on sweets and try to drink 100% fruit juices
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at cutting back on sugar. Sugar is good. Just don't eat ? sugars. Fructose the way to go
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    sugars all good.

except for fiber the carbs (i.e., starches -> rice, potatoes, etc; fruits) you eat are going to turn into sugar anyway once digested.

make sure you get a decent amount of nutrients through your diet though (i.e., sweet potatoes --> vitamin a, beta carotene, etc, bananas --> potassium).
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sugars all good.

except for fiber the carbs (i.e., starches -> rice, potatoes, etc; fruits) you eat are going to turn into sugar anyway once digested.

make sure you get a decent amount of nutrients through your diet though (i.e., sweet potatoes --> vitamin a, beta carotene, etc, bananas --> potassium).

I wanted to stress the sugar amount problems. We eat too much sugar imo
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's hard to eliminate sugar from your diet because the other natural sweetener's like honey, xylitol and agave nectar are so expensive. And there's a lot of sugar in fruits, fruit juice. Sometimes I do half vegetable juice and half fruit juice and then add xylitol. Sugar and bread/yeast products feed a type of parasite in your stomach called Chitin that's hard to get rid of. These parasites have a hard outer shell. An enzyme called Chitinases can break these shells. Chitinases is present in bananas, chestnuts, kiwis, avocados and papayas. Eating these fruits can help.
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eat sugar after you work out (that's why nutritionists advocate choc. milk; protein + simple carbs), turns out that's basically the only time it's helpful. You can also view it as positive reinforcement.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I try to drink more water than anything else. Most sugar I get is in my protein shakes after a workout.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eat sugar after you work out (that's why nutritionists advocate choc. milk; protein + simple carbs), turns out that's basically the only time it's helpful. You can also view it as positive reinforcement.

You really saying it's not helpful pre-workout?
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I drink diluted fruit juices. Mostly water, but just enough to give some taste.
  • Noble Al Lee
    Noble Al Lee Members Posts: 914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Water, almond milk, herbal teas. If its a MUST I sweeten something then I use stevia. Its all natural and uses dextrose instead of glucose. Very healthy alternative.