Who has Aspergers Syndrome?

Comments

• leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i used to work with a bad ass broad who had something like that. when i first saw her, her look, clothes, and hair impeccable and body sexy as ? ....once i had my first convo with her i avoided her like the plague, like if she was in the break room i'd side eye and just walk past...was horrible.

you'd have these lopsided conversations with her. like...you'd be talking in a normal tone and she'd respond back with a loud ass tone. she'd have loud extended ass laughs. instead of "ha ha ha" that ? would be like "haaaa haaa haaa haaa haaa haaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa". anytime anybody critiqued her work she's sit at her desk and cry. when she walks she doesn't swing her arms.

• Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chief Keef has Asbergers
  • lord_infamous
    lord_infamous Members Posts: 478 ✭✭✭✭
    When i was in production, alot of my programmers had it. Book smart as ? , but very socially stunted.

One of them would try his best to get in an empty elevator. We could all be chilling, waiting for the slow ass elevator, and he'd purposely wait for the next one. And the times that he did get into thte elevator, he'd face the corner. Literally, face the corner... One of the best programmers I've ever worked with however, and curiously enough, he had a pretty cute Filipino g/f....

Another cat, who went on to work with Qualcomm I think, yell at another programmer who had a habit of clicking his pen unconciously... He said something along the lines of, " Can you stop that? You have been clicking your pen every 1.67 seconds (I forget the exact number), and it is very distracting"
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes I honestly feel like I have some kind of autism or social learning disabilities and I just slipped through the cracks somehow in school.
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I don't have it without reading all that ? .
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, @kai_valya is one of us isn't she. But I am diagnosis aspergers with a psychologist through the military and also ADHD as well.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aspergers I swear sometimes they just make up diseases.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Think more of Thomas Jefferson and Einstein, then you have it. They usually think they are ? as a child and suddenly they are ? profound as the older they are. I'm diagnoised with it.

Another poster said it earlier, but it sounds like your Dr's trying to hustle you into getting hooked on some kind of medication.

Maybe not though.

What did the doctor say you'd have to do as a result of this diagnosis?

• BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even think they have medication specifically for ass burgers, do they?
  • BoldChild
    People with autism use the net too.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deadeye wrote: »
    Think more of Thomas Jefferson and Einstein, then you have it. They usually think they are ? as a child and suddenly they are ? profound as the older they are. I'm diagnoised with it.

Another poster said it earlier, but it sounds like your Dr's trying to hustle you into getting hooked on some kind of medication.

Maybe not though.

What did the doctor say you'd have to do as a result of this diagnosis?

It was military dr and no I'm no on no drugs, this was a couple of years ago when it was coming out.
  • Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q45T wrote: »
    Read the information, common career for those with aspergers is engineer fool and also I read that college professor is one that many belong it, we usually have high iqs but low emotional intelligence.

Functioning ? = ? ...

These guys are ? ? Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Albert Einstein, Marie Curie, and Thomas Jefferson???
    They done more than you have and you don't nearly have the brain that they have. It takes them time to pick up on social cues due to a late developing anterior insular cortex which is where empathy is in part of the brain. ? read a ? book.

lol... all white people.

Let me find some notable blacks.

How is that list coming along?
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kai_valya wrote: »
    one of my cousins has a moderate form of autism. she used to be worse, but with a lot of speech therapy she's gotten better. before she wasn't even able to speak, but now she can speak normally, albeit not on a level of a kid her age. autism and aspergers are quite different tho

ain't nobody ask about all that.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    @Ajackson17 was molested by his white daddy.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    damnit someone already mentioned ass burgers...

i always wondered if i have some sort of mental disability and have just managed to fly under the radar for 21 years.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Ajax you're eligible for the Special Olympics??
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol ur a ? ... lol.

People with Aspergers aren't ? . Go get an education.

• sully
    Read the information, common career for those with aspergers is engineer fool and also I read that college professor is one that many belong it, we usually have high iqs but low emotional intelligence.

Functioning ? = ? ...

These guys are ? ? Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Albert Einstein, Marie Curie, and Thomas Jefferson???
    They done more than you have and you don't nearly have the brain that they have. It takes them time to pick up on social cues due to a late developing anterior insular cortex which is where empathy is in part of the brain. ? read a ? book.

All savants. YOU are not a savant.

• sully
    As much as some might want to characterize Aspergers as a chic mental disorder that a lot of us secretly have and is a convenient explanation of all our social flaws and neuroses (like whats happened to these sociopath disorders).......

Don't none of you ? have that ? . One of my employees has it and trust me, you ? know and its blatantly obvious to everyone. Your friendly and social enough just to get by, but alot of other aspects of basic social interaction are absolutely lost to Aspergers people (like hygiene, posture, informal language, implied meaning and direction, for example).

This.

Unless it's written in your patient file, you, in all likelihood, don't have Aspergers. Same thing with Antisocial Personality Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, Histrionic Personality disorder, Depression, Narcissism, etc.

And btw, "Sociopathic disorder" is an outdated term. The correct term is now "Antisocial personality disorder"
  • sully
    9TRAY_93EB wrote: »
    Chief Keef

Not surprised. Southside Chicago is riddled with people who have psychiatric disorders. Schizophrenia, Depression, Bipolar disorder, and histrionic personality disorder, are especially common.

Too much drug abuse too. Plenty of times, a person with a genetic tendency for these disorders end up having them b/c of drug abuse.

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    sully wrote: »
    Chief Keef

Not surprised. Southside Chicago is riddled with people who have psychiatric disorders. Schizophrenia, Depression, Bipolar disorder, and histrionic personality disorder, are especially common.

Too much drug abuse too. Plenty of times, a person with a genetic tendency for these disorders end up having them b/c of drug abuse.

Your a ? nerd
  • BoldChild
    Something to keep in mind.

Communicating over a message board, and communicating in real life are completely different.(cap obvious)

Compared to real life, you have practically forever to think about a response, and correct anything that might be wrong with it, or you can simply decide not to respond at all, and it won't be a big deal. Also, you don't have to worry about body language or anything like that.

Compared to face2face social situations and conversation specifically, there is no taking 5min to figure out what you want to say,you have to come up with responses on the fly, and you can't just drop the convo and walk away(well you could, but yeah), and then there is the addition of body language.

In short, just because someone seems to communicate normally over a message board, does not mean they don't have some extreme social issues irl, or whatever
  • sully
    edited August 2013
    sully wrote: »
    Chief Keef

Your a ? nerd

I'm not the nerd the IC deserves, but the one it needs

the-dark-knight-o.gif