Who has Aspergers Syndrome?

13»

Comments

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just weird that now everyone has "something wrong" with them.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sully wrote: »
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Q45T wrote: »
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Read the information, common career for those with aspergers is engineer fool and also I read that college professor is one that many belong it, we usually have high iqs but low emotional intelligence.

Functioning ? = ? ...

These guys are ? ? Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Albert Einstein, Marie Curie, and Thomas Jefferson???
    They done more than you have and you don't nearly have the brain that they have. It takes them time to pick up on social cues due to a late developing anterior insular cortex which is where empathy is in part of the brain. ? read a ? book.

All savants. YOU are not a savant.

Soon @sully very soon, I will be.
  • Ajackson17
    .IRS. wrote: »
    It's just weird that now everyone has "something wrong" with them.

Or we are beginning to understand the human mind better and realized we are all ? up from what a normal human should be. We are a sub species that are too genetically close to one another and I think that is ? up the gene pool.
  • WYRM
    WYRM Members Posts: 993 ✭✭✭✭
    It's an excuse to be a wierd antisocial recluse, not even a real condition.
  • Ajackson17
    ? Wight wrote: »

Its from a lack of empathy from neurons that don't really light up in that area. Empathy is what allows us to be social to our species and to other species. If you don't have that part really patched up, how really can you be social. Your brain neurons and waves are important to you as a human being function.
  • WYRM
    WYRM Members Posts: 993 ✭✭✭✭
    AJ I can agree there are people like that but imo it has become a huge crutch the "undiagnosed" use as reasons to perpetuate the same. Also since the brain has amazing neuroplastic abilities to change motor neuron pathways. Some things are learned and believe it or not empathy is to. Now maybe their environment didn't nurture them in such a way to develop good skills, does not mean it is impossible to develope that empathy now they know the problem.

• Ajackson17
    AJ I can agree there are people like that but imo it has become a huge crutch the "undiagnosed" use as reasons to perpetuate the same. Also since the brain has amazing neuroplastic abilities to change motor neuron pathways. Some things are learned and believe it or not empathy is to. Now maybe their environment didn't nurture them in such a way to develop good skills, does not mean it is impossible to develope that empathy now they know the problem.

Empathy is actually a brain function, not a learned function. To become better at it is a learned function, but we must possessed the brain function in order for us to use it or otherwise humans would have simply discarded it for it.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/10/121024175240.htm
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why would someone need an excuse for that? Virtually no one who is a weird asocial recluse actually wants to be that way, unless they are a schzoid, and even then, there are far too many detriments.