Muhammad Ali on Interracial Marriage

Comments

• blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jennifer Freeman is light skin tho an look mixed
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who has the vid of the Ali post fight interview I think after he knocked out Foreman where he gives props to Elijah Muhammad AND Hugh Hefner
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? made blacks different from whites? Ajackson begs to differ

But he did confirm the extra tendon argument
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭

In a recently published book, Liam Neeson reveals how Muhammad Ali once flirted with the actor's then girlfriend Helen Mirren. Neeson says he was so star-struck by the boxing legend he didn't care that he was trying to "pull" his girlfriend right in front of him, according to the Belfast Telegraph.

Neeson, a huge boxing fan who was himself an accomplished amateur fighter, is club president of All Saints. He recalls stories of the boxing world in a recently published book celebrating the 50th anniversary of the club.

“He was promoting a movie called, Freedom Road, and myself and my lady friend, Helen Mirren, were invited with some British celebrities to meet The Greatest in his hotel.

“He signed his name for my dad and proceeded to flirt with Helen in such an overt way that I guess I should have been annoyed. But all I could think was, 'Wow, Muhammad Ali is trying to pull my girl. How cool is that!'.”

Helen+Mirren+3.jpg

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing wrong with interracial relationships. It's not a problem until people start doing it because they believe their people are inferior or because you have some crazy self hate. If a person winds up falling in love and connecting with someone of another race, what's wrong with that? It's not like everyone is going to go that route. I believe that it is natural for people to flock to those that look like them. It's just a matter of culture and standards of beauty, so more often than not people will at least attempt to stick within their own race and culture.
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The noi cats Beleive whites were made in a lab by a mad scientists as well.sooo....
  • peterpiffin
    peterpiffin Members Posts: 285 ✭✭
    idgaf about what ? you stick your ? in as long as its not my womans. but isnt your man white or some ? @lechic he def isnt black.
  • blackgod813
    h
    Paul Hate. wrote: »
    The noi cats Beleive whites were made in a lab by a mad scientists as well.sooo....

caucus mountain s ? dogs
  • blackgod813
    some are descendants of negros bred to be light
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    interracial relationships can be some of the best experiences...depending on what youre in it for.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you engage in interracial relationships /marriage for frivolous reasons ..or because you have some ? up twisted rationalization of why your own is not good enough for you .. you are a sucka...what am i talking about this never happens

but hey if you happen to fall in love with whomever without that mental/psychological baggae more power to you

most interracial relationships fall in this category.. :^o
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ohhhla wrote: »
    bambu wrote: »
    look like a black woman to me ..

Typical of most hybrids...............

You can't just to go up to someone and tell if they're mixed or not.

I mean look at Jennifer Freeman from My Wife and Kids.

She's darker tone and she's mixed.

Just because one's light or have different hair texture doesn't mean they're hybrids.

Halle Berry ain't a light bright either.

Kai is full black and light skin with different type of hair.

thats a wig bruh..
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BossBoo wrote: »
    argument is flawed..
    dont be a "bird" brain Charlie..

I don't understand how his argument is flawed. No offense to any mixed people in here(well, I want it to be offensive enough that you at least remember it) but mixed people have a long history of selling out the race of their darker skin half to the race of their whiter skin half. Mixed people want to be white(or whichever is the lightest race they are comprised of) so badly that many times throughout history they have VOLUNTEERED to help subjugate other races, only to be subjugated themselves when they are no longer useful. After white men first landed in Africa they interbred with the natives, and it was those mixed offspring that comprised a good portion of the armies that whites used to steal Africa
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he was just spouting off what the n.o.i . indoctrinated into his mind. before he met Malcolm x he was smashing white hookers left and right. I don't see the nation. like that lady said in spike lee's x when one of the members got beat by the police , they talk a good game but you rarely see any action from them.
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Negros still ACTUALLY believe in the whole Yacub sh*t.
    I can't.. I can't
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing wrong with interracial relationships. It's not a problem until people start doing it because they believe their people are inferior or because you have some crazy self hate. If a person winds up falling in love and connecting with someone of another race, what's wrong with that? It's not like everyone is going to go that route. I believe that it is natural for people to flock to those that look like them. It's just a matter of culture and standards of beauty, so more often than not people will at least attempt to stick within their own race and culture.

Love ?? nonsense any black person who marries another race loves that person more than they love black people and with the condition black people are in that act shows contempt for the future of black people. Stop thinking about your own ? and think about the future.

North america is going to end up like latin america if this keeps going on and black people are marginalized in south america. Stop being a child stop being so naive.
  • zombie
    if you engage in interracial relationships /marriage for frivolous reasons ..or because you have some ? up twisted rationalization of why your own is not good enough for you .. you are a sucka...what am i talking about this never happens

but hey if you happen to fall in love with whomever without that mental/psychological baggae more power to you

Adults choose who we love falling in love is for teenagers.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aye that yacub ? is real. ? what you heard ? . it was 12 scientist and they......
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't care about interracial dating. Its all the ? the ? that do it come with. "Black girls are too this. Black girls are too that" when they go for low self esteem fat white ? .

I kno' a couple people that truly don't care about race. You see them datin' whites, blacks, Asians. Whoever they find appealin'. No issue there

White girls talkin' about love is colour blind but only go for ? . Makes no sense to this observer
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I know is...my ? aint racist...

I cant really imagine having a child with a white woman tho...like, just cause of cultural differences...

But at the end of the day, I see nothing wrong with other people doing it....it's just me personally, I wouldn't....majority of my friends got kids with white women. That's good for them, my black babies is good for me...

But a bad white chick could get the d the same as any other bad chick...my ? aint racist.

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    argument is flawed..

I don't understand how his argument is flawed. No offense to any mixed people in here(well, I want it to be offensive enough that you at least remember it) but mixed people have a long history of selling out the race of their darker skin half to the race of their whiter skin half. Mixed people want to be white(or whichever is the lightest race they are comprised of) so badly that many times throughout history they have VOLUNTEERED to help subjugate other races, only to be subjugated themselves when they are no longer useful. After white men first landed in Africa they interbred with the natives, and it was those mixed offspring that comprised a good portion of the armies that whites used to steal Africa

Sorry, but this ? is stupid. Mixed people don't have any longer a history of selling out the race than non-mixed. After all, it wasn't mixed people that literally sold other members of their race to white people, so get out of here with that ? .

At the end of the day, the whole discussion is dumb. People of all shades have been down for the cause and people of all shades have betrayed the cause. Unless, you got some kinda proof showing that lighter skinned or biracial people have been quicker to betray than darker skinned, stop stating that ? as if it's some kind of fact. And yes I speak more in terms of skin tone because trying to parse out mixed vs non mixed is pointless. As I showed in another topic, the Census says the average African American has 24% European admixture. Let's be clear, a 25% admixture is like having a white grandparent. So the average African American is mixed especially compared to the Africans from which we descend. African Americans run the gamut from Charcoal to Light Bright and Damn Near White. So trying to parse out a certain shade and pointing at those people saying "They have a history of betraying us and aren't to be trusted" is just idiotic. It's hilarious to set up this battle between dark skinned blacks and light skinned blacks when the majority of blacks in America fall somewhere in the middle.

• rantanamo
    rantanamo Members Posts: 79 ✭✭
    the problem with his argument is that he's misplacing culture for race. Of course he's just talking, but there are several subcultures within a race. You may also find subcultures between races that are more similar to each other than some of those within a so-called race. Education level, lifestyle, profession, view on religion and children can all be more of a factor to the individual than race. This is not to dismiss his time or place, because they are what made race a more important factor than those attributes. So in his context he has a point. But as a general point, its rubbish. Especially since he was living as part of a very specific subculture. On the flipside, would it make me a self hater if I chose a woman who grew up in a neighborhood similar to mine, is of the denomination, has a similar level of graduate education, makes similar money, has similar child rearing views and we just happen to like the same movies, but perhaps disagree on music and happens to be say Indian? Its society and the white establishment that has an interest in you not getting on with life and being with compatible people regardless of race because it breaks up their neat little compartmentalization of this society that they like. They want you to feel like you hate yourself. They want you to feel like you should be isolated. Its 2013. Why are we still bamboozled by all of this instead of created a better society than this?
  • zombie
    argument is flawed..

Sorry, but this ? is stupid. Mixed people don't have any longer a history of selling out the race than non-mixed. After all, it wasn't mixed people that literally sold other members of their race to white people, so get out of here with that ? .

At the end of the day, the whole discussion is dumb. People of all shades have been down for the cause and people of all shades have betrayed the cause. Unless, you got some kinda proof showing that lighter skinned or biracial people have been quicker to betray than darker skinned, stop stating that ? as if it's some kind of fact. And yes I speak more in terms of skin tone because trying to parse out mixed vs non mixed is pointless. As I showed in another topic, the Census says the average African American has 24% European admixture. Let's be clear, a 25% admixture is like having a white grandparent. So the average African American is mixed especially compared to the Africans from which we descend. African Americans run the gamut from Charcoal to Light Bright and Damn Near White. So trying to parse out a certain shade and pointing at those people saying "They have a history of betraying us and aren't to be trusted" is just idiotic. It's hilarious to set up this battle between dark skinned blacks and light skinned blacks when the majority of blacks in America fall somewhere in the middle.

even if the average african american has one white grand parent ( which i don't believe by the way) they are still black because such a person is physically indistinguishable from many other african american who have a lesser percentage of european blood. when you study the history of africa and the history of africans in the americas it is easy to conclude that the greatest betrayals suffered by blacks have come from mixed people. These ? who live in a space between only claim black when they are poor as soon as they get in a better situation they be come mulattoe. This has not happened as much in the states because you don't have a large mullatoe population yet but with the popularity of you way of think growing THAT WILL SOON CHANGE.

That is historical fact. There is a difference between light skinned blacks and people who are clearly mullatoe. Your whole ? stance on the subject is weak.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »

Adults choose who we love falling in love is for teenagers.

KYS you got that from that...
    KYS
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    argument is flawed..

Bruh are you kidding me? I'm just stating facts, don't get in your feelings over it. What I said about Africa is a FACT. Mixed people have the biggest identity crisis issues, just about any psychiatrist can tell you that. Mixed blacks were the ones that tried to slow down the Haitian revolution because even tho they weren't considered as valuable as pure whites by whites, they considered themselves more valuable than pure black people. And how exactly do you know for sure that mixed people didn't sell blacks into slavery? Mixed people by and large have been left out of most history books, except when they commit acts of atrocities, because it's always the mixed people that do the most extreme things to prove ? to themselves. ? and J Edgar Hoover are 2 good examples of that.
    http://www.uky.edu/~popkin/Haitian Revolution Lecture.htm
    It was mostly the mixed race class that fought AGAINST the slave revolt, even though they themselves did not have the same rights as whites.
    There's even a story about how during the Haitian Revolution one of the french officers had so much contempt for the mixed race officers in his army THAT HAD BEEN HELPING HIM, that he placed a bunch of them in a room and literally killed them all. Do you think that stopped the mixed people at the time from wanting to associate with whites? Nope

There's a difference between the word 'mixed' and the word 'lightskin' I used one of those terms for a reason, try to stick to using it and you'lll start to see my point eventually, just do some freakin research. Why do I have to educate so many on our people's history? I think interracial dating is fine, the issue is when marriage/kids come into the picture