Muhammad Ali on Interracial Marriage

Options

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rantanamo wrote: »
    the problem with his argument is that he's misplacing culture for race. Of course he's just talking, but there are several subcultures within a race. You may also find subcultures between races that are more similar to each other than some of those within a so-called race. Education level, lifestyle, profession, view on religion and children can all be more of a factor to the individual than race. This is not to dismiss his time or place, because they are what made race a more important factor than those attributes. So in his context he has a point. But as a general point, its rubbish. Especially since he was living as part of a very specific subculture. On the flipside, would it make me a self hater if I chose a woman who grew up in a neighborhood similar to mine, is of the denomination, has a similar level of graduate education, makes similar money, has similar child rearing views and we just happen to like the same movies, but perhaps disagree on music and happens to be say Indian? Its society and the white establishment that has an interest in you not getting on with life and being with compatible people regardless of race because it breaks up their neat little compartmentalization of this society that they like. They want you to feel like you hate yourself. They want you to feel like you should be isolated. Its 2013. Why are we still bamboozled by all of this instead of created a better society than this?

@ the bolded. Yes you are a ? traitor I DON'T give a ? if that indian ? can cure cancer or sucks a mean ? if you marry her or especially if you have children with her you have created one less black family. you are a ? traitor your duty to the future of the black race was to help strengthen us not weaken us.

You can get on with life with a black woman, we cannot create a better black society by race mixing what that creates is a mixed race society. Look in the world today and in all mixed race nations were are black people positioned? at the bottom. Don't be a ? fool.
  • zombie
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    if you engage in interracial relationships /marriage for frivolous reasons ..or because you have some ? up twisted rationalization of why your own is not good enough for you .. you are a sucka...what am i talking about this never happens

but hey if you happen to fall in love with whomever without that mental/psychological baggae more power to you

most interracial relationships fall in this category.. :^o

Adults choose who we love falling in love is for teenagers.

KYS you got that from that...
    KYS

Stop being such a ? you lafayette from true blood styled ?

Your position on the issue is soft like baby ? ,talking about love??? There are more important things than love. Do you want something to love? love the future of black people more than your love your white girlfriend or your white grandmother.
  • zombie
    Options
    By the way if simply not ? outside the race is something you weaklings consider too pro-black, radical and militant then the black race in america is even more ? up than i thought we were.
  • SixSickSins
    SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's right on the mark. That is why I'm a separatist. You need to stick to your own...there are differences (big and small) for a reason. A Black should never mate with a white. I would never defile my superior Black ? /body with the ? of a white man...and that's on my life!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SixSickSins
    Options
    Cain1 wrote: »
    Any black person race mixing does not really care about black people and their opinions on the trouble facing black/african people is void.

@PICO is Quadroon dating a dark skinned black jamaican guy so at least she's trying to breed back into the race so she can get a pass. i support ? mix breeds back into the race it's the only way to fix their parents mistake.

Dumbest ? thing posted and that says a lot when Dro's post are all through out this thread.

What's so dumb about it? You just run your ? mouth because you don't have a proper rebuttal. race mixing prevents the creation of black families.

You marry what you love and if you marry a white then you must care less about the black and if you don't love black people enough to be married to us then ? your opinion on us.

How you going to be pro-black and against mixing of races but in the same breath be cool with ? a mixed race Quadroon like Pico to fix her parent's mistake? Hence the reason I said that was the dumbest post in this thread.

Now either you're just talking ? or you just made a mental error while typing and need to repent for your acknowledgement of being pro-race mixing...........................which one is it?

I think what Zombie meant is based on the fact that Black genes trump white genes all the time. Why? Because we're the dominant force. So, by accepting worthy mixed folks back into the fold, we can be assured that our superior Black genes will be such an unfuckwitable diluent that we needn't worry about the feeble white (or whatever race) genes/traits they may carry. We are simply too powerful.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I DO AGREE WITH THE "PURE RACE" THING DOE.... U JUST CANT MIX EEEVVVERRYBODY UP AND THEN NOT REPRODUCE WITH YOUR OWN
  • zombie
    Options
    Any black person race mixing does not really care about black people and their opinions on the trouble facing black/african people is void.

@PICO is Quadroon dating a dark skinned black jamaican guy so at least she's trying to breed back into the race so she can get a pass. i support ? mix breeds back into the race it's the only way to fix their parents mistake.

Dumbest ? thing posted and that says a lot when Dro's post are all through out this thread.

What's so dumb about it? You just run your ? mouth because you don't have a proper rebuttal. race mixing prevents the creation of black families.

You marry what you love and if you marry a white then you must care less about the black and if you don't love black people enough to be married to us then ? your opinion on us.

How you going to be pro-black and against mixing of races but in the same breath be cool with ? a mixed race Quadroon like Pico to fix her parent's mistake? Hence the reason I said that was the dumbest post in this thread.

Now either you're just talking ? or you just made a mental error while typing and need to repent for your acknowledgement of being pro-race mixing...........................which one is it?

I think what Zombie meant is based on the fact that Black genes trump white genes all the time. Why? Because we're the dominant force. So, by accepting worthy mixed folks back into the fold, we can be assured that our superior Black genes will be such an unfuckwitable diluent that we needn't worry about the feeble white (or whatever race) genes/traits they may carry. We are simply too powerful.

This is why i love you. You are one of the only people at this place who get it.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    even if the average african american has one white grand parent ( which i don't believe by the way) they are still black because such a person is physically indistinguishable from many other african american who have a lesser percentage of european blood. when you study the history of africa and the history of africans in the americas it is easy to conclude that the greatest betrayals suffered by blacks have come from mixed people. These ? who live in a space between only claim black when they are poor as soon as they get in a better situation they be come mulattoe. This has not happened as much in the states because you don't have a large mullatoe population yet but with the popularity of you way of think growing THAT WILL SOON CHANGE.

That is historical fact. There is a difference between light skinned blacks and people who are clearly mullatoe. Your whole ? stance on the subject is weak.

lol What you're saying is just silly. First of all, it's not as easy to distinguish biracial African Americans from light skinned African Americans. Where do you get this ? from? There are plenty of African Americans with two "Black" parents that are lighter than biracial African Americans. A random sampling of African Americans looks like this:

FMOnStaffHarambee2012.jpg

A random sampling of West Africans from which most African Americans descend from looks like this:

SMA-France_group.jpg

If you can't look at that and understand how mixed African Americans are in general, I don't know what to tell you. Aside from that, if you're going to claim that biracial people are factually more disloyal than non biracial people, I'm going to need you to provide some real proof. I don't want to hear any silly anecdotal evidence or isolated incidents. Give me some real proof. Because if you can't, then you need to shut that ? up and quit acting like what you're saying is indisputable.
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    Bruh are you kidding me? I'm just stating facts, don't get in your feelings over it. What I said about Africa is a FACT. Mixed people have the biggest identity crisis issues, just about any psychiatrist can tell you that. Mixed blacks were the ones that tried to slow down the Haitian revolution because even tho they weren't considered as valuable as pure whites by whites, they considered themselves more valuable than pure black people. And how exactly do you know for sure that mixed people didn't sell blacks into slavery? Mixed people by and large have been left out of most history books, except when they commit acts of atrocities, because it's always the mixed people that do the most extreme things to prove ? to themselves. ? and J Edgar Hoover are 2 good examples of that.
    http://www.uky.edu/~popkin/Haitian Revolution Lecture.htm
    It was mostly the mixed race class that fought AGAINST the slave revolt, even though they themselves did not have the same rights as whites.
    There's even a story about how during the Haitian Revolution one of the french officers had so much contempt for the mixed race officers in his army THAT HAD BEEN HELPING HIM, that he placed a bunch of them in a room and literally killed them all. Do you think that stopped the mixed people at the time from wanting to associate with whites? Nope

There's a difference between the word 'mixed' and the word 'lightskin' I used one of those terms for a reason, try to stick to using it and you'lll start to see my point eventually, just do some freakin research. Why do I have to educate so many on our people's history? I think interracial dating is fine, the issue is when marriage/kids come into the picture

You're not reporting facts. You're making a ? generalization based on isolated incidents. ? and Hoover? Really? What are they examples of? Both of them are white racially, so what are you even talking about? Again, you're saying it's always mixed people that do something, and forgetting that the whole reason African Americans are where they are is because of non mixed blacks. No example you've given has been more egregious than facilitating the African Slave Trade. And it's nice that you offering these isolated stories about a mixed traitor here and a mixed traitor there. Do you really think I can't find examples of non mixed people doing the same thing? The Denmark Vesey conspiracy wasn't foiled by mixed people. They were pure blooded slaves and yet they betrayed their brethren to maintain their own standing.

How a biracial person acts usually has a lot to do with how they are treated. There are a lot of biracial people, you'd never know were biracial because they've always been accepted by black people and considered themselves black. Then you have some that are clearly outside of the community, and that's largely because they've been ostracized and treated poorly by people in the community. And there is the ironic thing about this whole discussion. You look at biracial people as if they are the enemy, when in reality the ones that are the enemy are that way largely because people like you treat them like the enemy from the start. Why should they have nay loyalty to someone like you? The white people might not accept them, but at least they'll get rewarded in some what going that route. What reason would they have to fight and struggle on your side when all they'll get from you is treated like someone who isn't really down or trust worthy? People like you are why the black community can't rise. What we need is unity, but you guys look for any and every reason to divide.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Birds actually mix in flocks together all the time. Hybrid are not unheard of at all.

Funny how he said blue birds don't mix with other birds but actually when you put out blue birds nest boxes you out them up in pairs. More often than not tree swallows use one box and blue birds use the other.

I can't stand when people try to use nature in arguments and are totally wrong with how nature works.

Really? A no sign? Could you please explain how I was wrong @sixsicksins? All I see you do is flag and no sign because you're clearly too scared engage in any kind if intelligent discussion.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if you engage in interracial relationships /marriage for frivolous reasons ..or because you have some ? up twisted rationalization of why your own is not good enough for you .. you are a sucka...what am i talking about this never happens

but hey if you happen to fall in love with whomever without that mental/psychological baggae more power to you

KYS

Your position on the issue is soft like baby ? ,talking about love??? There are more important things than love. Do you want something to love? love the future of black people more than your love your white girlfriend or your white grandmother.

you are an idiot and your comprehension skills ? fail you.. stop acting like a ? .. and step your jokes up..

Lafayette from true blood.. really kid..
  • SixSickSins
    Options

This is why i love you. You are one of the only people at this place who get it.

:X Yup, if you weren't married I'd put a ring on it. Little Nigerian/Jamaican militant queens and kings everywhere then move back home. But peace and blessings from the Black Creator unto your marriage and family. Chiamaka!
  • Will Munny
    Options
    There are atleast 4 species of ducks mixed together here floating, sleeping and thriving. Ali ain't know ? about birds.
    6A1C2EF6-6452-4AA7-A49B-1665C1551397-54967-000018D04520A20B_zpsfe88fb99.jpg
  • SixSickSins
    Options
    Birds actually mix in flocks together all the time. Hybrid are not unheard of at all.

Funny how he said blue birds don't mix with other birds but actually when you put out blue birds nest boxes you out them up in pairs. More often than not tree swallows use one box and blue birds use the other.

I can't stand when people try to use nature in arguments and are totally wrong with how nature works.

Really? A no sign? Could you please explain how I was wrong @sixsicksins? All I see you do is flag and no sign because you're clearly too scared engage in any kind if intelligent discussion.

Ayo, wigga, fall the ? back iight? I spar with plenty people on here--especially if I disagree. If you wanna parlay with a young cub then put 'em up mouseketeer because my thugnacity is unmatched. I nosigned because most birds do stick with their own species. You posted a few exceptions to the rule. Big deal.

Mhmm, yeah I'd love to see a goose ? a penguin and share a nest ? . Riiiight. Lil ol' SUPER ? .
  • zombie
    Options
    even if the average african american has one white grand parent ( which i don't believe by the way) they are still black because such a person is physically indistinguishable from many other african american who have a lesser percentage of european blood. when you study the history of africa and the history of africans in the americas it is easy to conclude that the greatest betrayals suffered by blacks have come from mixed people. These ? who live in a space between only claim black when they are poor as soon as they get in a better situation they be come mulattoe. This has not happened as much in the states because you don't have a large mullatoe population yet but with the popularity of you way of think growing THAT WILL SOON CHANGE.

That is historical fact. There is a difference between light skinned blacks and people who are clearly mullatoe. Your whole ? stance on the subject is weak.

lol What you're saying is just silly. First of all, it's not as easy to distinguish biracial African Americans from light skinned African Americans. Where do you get this ? from? There are plenty of African Americans with two "Black" parents that are lighter than biracial African Americans. A random sampling of African Americans looks like this:

FMOnStaffHarambee2012.jpg

A random sampling of West Africans from which most African Americans descend from looks like this:

SMA-France_group.jpg

If you can't look at that and understand how mixed African Americans are in general, I don't know what to tell you. Aside from that, if you're going to claim that biracial people are factually more disloyal than non biracial people, I'm going to need you to provide some real proof. I don't want to hear any silly anecdotal evidence or isolated incidents. Give me some real proof. Because if you can't, then you need to shut that ? up and quit acting like what you're saying is indisputable.
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    Bruh are you kidding me? I'm just stating facts, don't get in your feelings over it. What I said about Africa is a FACT. Mixed people have the biggest identity crisis issues, just about any psychiatrist can tell you that. Mixed blacks were the ones that tried to slow down the Haitian revolution because even tho they weren't considered as valuable as pure whites by whites, they considered themselves more valuable than pure black people. And how exactly do you know for sure that mixed people didn't sell blacks into slavery? Mixed people by and large have been left out of most history books, except when they commit acts of atrocities, because it's always the mixed people that do the most extreme things to prove ? to themselves. ? and J Edgar Hoover are 2 good examples of that.
    http://www.uky.edu/~popkin/Haitian Revolution Lecture.htm
    It was mostly the mixed race class that fought AGAINST the slave revolt, even though they themselves did not have the same rights as whites.
    There's even a story about how during the Haitian Revolution one of the french officers had so much contempt for the mixed race officers in his army THAT HAD BEEN HELPING HIM, that he placed a bunch of them in a room and literally killed them all. Do you think that stopped the mixed people at the time from wanting to associate with whites? Nope

There's a difference between the word 'mixed' and the word 'lightskin' I used one of those terms for a reason, try to stick to using it and you'lll start to see my point eventually, just do some freakin research. Why do I have to educate so many on our people's history? I think interracial dating is fine, the issue is when marriage/kids come into the picture

You're not reporting facts. You're making a ? generalization based on isolated incidents. ? and Hoover? Really? What are they examples of? Both of them are white racially, so what are you even talking about? Again, you're saying it's always mixed people that do something, and forgetting that the whole reason African Americans are where they are is because of non mixed blacks. No example you've given has been more egregious than facilitating the African Slave Trade. And it's nice that you offering these isolated stories about a mixed traitor here and a mixed traitor there. Do you really think I can't find examples of non mixed people doing the same thing? The Denmark Vesey conspiracy wasn't foiled by mixed people. They were pure blooded slaves and yet they betrayed their brethren to maintain their own standing.

How a biracial person acts usually has a lot to do with how they are treated. There are a lot of biracial people, you'd never know were biracial because they've always been accepted by black people and considered themselves black. Then you have some that are clearly outside of the community, and that's largely because they've been ostracized and treated poorly by people in the community. And there is the ironic thing about this whole discussion. You look at biracial people as if they are the enemy, when in reality the ones that are the enemy are that way largely because people like you treat them like the enemy from the start. Why should they have nay loyalty to someone like you? The white people might not accept them, but at least they'll get rewarded in some what going that route. What reason would they have to fight and struggle on your side when all they'll get from you is treated like someone who isn't really down or trust worthy? People like you are why the black community can't rise. What we need is unity, but you guys look for any and every reason to divide.

I can tell the two apart clearly you cannot i know the difference between a biracial person and a light skinned black person. Your random sampling of africans PROVES NOTHING because it depends on the section of africa that your sample is being taken from. Not all africans are that dark a random sample from nigeria will look different from a random sample from senegal. Have you been to africa? i have and can tell you the difference between the tribes based on how they look.

The whole african americans being lighter than africans thing is mostly ? and ignorance coming from people who have never even been outside of america. Most african american are dark brown to black and do not look like the picture you used.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    Okay... Lets get taxanomic her for a second. A goose and a penguin aren't the same species. Not only could they not even produce sterile offspring, they couldn't produce offspring period.

Human beings are all one species, the differences are phenotypic. To think we are so different genetically based soley of phenotypic differences is the thinking of an absolute mental midget. ? thought it was cool tho. Human beings of all colors are so closely related they can produce viable offspring, not sterile hybrids.

Flocks of birds mixed routinely and is usually to the benefit of both species.

I mean Jesus Christ, have you never looked a bird feeder before?
  • zombie
    Options

KYS

you are an idiot and your comprehension skills ? fail you.. stop acting like a ? .. and step your jokes up..

Lafayette from true blood.. really kid..

You can be what ever kind of ? you want to be the fact still remains that your position is a weak one.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    you actin like a girl right now..
  • zombie
    Options
    you actin like a girl right now..

Are you done?? you have nothing more to bring to the discussion so leave the thread you have not argued your point and now are just posting for no reason. Your position on the issue is weak and is based on falling in love with white women.
  • SixSickSins
    Options
    Okay... Lets get taxanomic her for a second. A goose and a penguin aren't the same species. Not only could they not even produce sterile offspring, they couldn't produce offspring period.

Human beings are all one species, the differences are phenotypic. To think we are so different genetically based soley of phenotypic differences is the thinking of an absolute mental midget. ? thought it was cool tho. Human beings of all colors are so closely related they can produce viable offspring, not sterile hybrids.

Exactly. There are differences for a reason. Just because some birds, like humans, are exceptions to the rule (Most within a species remain unto their own), doesn't mean anything except that they're creating mutts. As I said, there are differences, big and small, for a reason. The goose cannot procreate with the penguin because it's not meant to be. "But wait!! All humans are capable of procreating with other humans" True. Yet, that is where our higher mental capabilities come into play and you make an intelligent decision to mate with someone of your own race. Why? So you don't cross-mix and create a being with an inherent identity crisis and highly impure blood. You do not become the filthy exception to the rule.

Gosh, you're not worthy of my text. That was too easy.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    You don't understand how taxonomy works at all. Mixed color humans are not mutts, they are humans.
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Muhammad Ali was a good boxer doesn't make him a genius. I disagree with his opinions ? didn't make us different we decided to make our differences personal. Race is race but at the end of the day we all bleed red.
  • playmaker88
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Date who you want marry who you want ? who you want. Just don't forget who you are and where your from.

Pretty much .. if you sellin your selfout to mask your own insecurities and internal issues.. you doin it wrong..

How is my position weak you disagreed with the most innocuous part of my statement and didnt say ? to the meat of the argument.. and started acting like a ?
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree we're all the same but it doesn't change the fact that it is beneficial to marry within your race

For social issues, bruh.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I can tell the two apart clearly you cannot i know the difference between a biracial person and a light skinned black person. Your random sampling of africans PROVES NOTHING because it depends on the section of africa that your sample is being taken from. Not all africans are that dark a random sample from nigeria will look different from a random sample from senegal. Have you been to africa? i have and can tell you the difference between the tribes based on how they look.

The whole african americans being lighter than africans thing is mostly ? and ignorance coming from people who have never even been outside of america. Most african american are dark brown to black and do not look like the picture you used.

NO it doesn't depend on the section of Africa. That's the point. The Africans that African Americans descend from largely came from a very specific region in Africa. The picture I put up there contains people from various different places in West Africa which is the region we African Americans descend from. You can look at the group and see there are variations and differences between their looks, but if you are really going to try and argue that those people are as varied in appearance as the group of African Americans I posted, then we can stop this discussion now because you're just arguing to argue whether it's supported by reality.

Furthermore, I have been to West Africa and I went to school with many West Africans both in undergrad and grad. So you ain't saying ? to me. Again, if you're really going to act like the variations in phenotypic traits in West Africa is as varied as with African Americans, we can just stop this discussion cause you're lying to yourself. As for your claim that most African Americans are dark brown to black, I'm just going to ignore that because it's nonsense. I grew up around nothing but black people in SC. Went to an HBCU in FL. Did some work as part of a black internship out in Cali. And I now live near DC, a chocolate city. And in every single one of those experiences and in every region I've ever been to, black skin tones have covered a wide spectrum. As a matter of fact it's something that's celebrated within the community. Just look at a black magazine like Essence or Ebony. Frankly, most of the claims you're making aren't based in any truth. You have this skewed perception of reality, and all your arguments are based on that rather than anything that really exists.

• The Lonious Monk
    edited August 2013
    Options
    And the discussions about interspecies relationships going on in here is stupid too. It doesn't apply to humans since there is only one species of human. Only racists and people who know nothing about biological or athrophological classifications believe otherwise.

Human races are more akin to dog breeds than bird species, and anyone whose ever seen a dog knows they have no problem ? and running around with dogs of other breeds.