What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Flavor Flav Explains Why Jay-Z, Kendrick Lamar & Drake Music Is "Not Hip Hop"

MrCrookedLetterMrCrookedLetter Unless You Play Smart, Follow Your Mind Also Your Heart, The Perfect BalancePosts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2013 in The Reason
Flavor+Flav+Flavor+Flav+House+Flavor+Restaurant+YtCgxDaC2Lqx.jpg

Flavor Flav recently said that Rap has lost "the element of Hip Hop."

"I think the element of Hip Hop left when Rap music started being created on a slow tempo," Flavor Flav told Gigwise. "It's just stayed there for years. Right now, a lot of Rap music today is being created at very low tempos."

While several artists today make "great Rap records," the Public Enemy rapper said that artists today do not make "Hip Hop" music.

"There's no more of that, 'Wave your hands in the air like you just don't care,' you know, something that makes you wanna get out there and breakdance," he said. "Rap music has lost that element right now, mainly over in America. There's not too many great Hip Hop records out there, but there are some great Rap records. Lil Wayne is making some great Rap records, Drake, Nicki Minaj, Ludacris, Jay-Z, Kendrick Lamar, 50 Cent, Snoop [Lion] - everybody is making great Rap records, but it's not Hip Hop."

In other Flavor Flav news, Flavor Flav's Chicken & Ribs recently went out business. On July 26, TMZ reported that the last of Flav's Chicken & Ribs was shut down after being evicted in Sterling Heights, Michigan. Flav's Chicken & Ribs locations in Las Vegas and Iowa had already been closed.

Last year, it was reported that Flavor Flav talked about the "dark holes" he's been through in his life. "I've been down some pretty dark holes - but somehow I always found the strength to climb back out of them," he said.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/m/index.php?s=news&id=24874
420337_10151312942875197_1250633177_n.jpg

2012 Reason Thread Creator of The Year (Tied)
2013 Reason Thread Creator of The Year (Tied)
2014 Reason Thread Creator of The Year

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
-Albert Einstein
SOWETOSerious Juice MayneSneakDZArip.dilladwade20632DaysOfInfinitixxCivicxxBlackAX410BelovedAfeniBodhisilverfoxxLEMZIMUS_RAMSEYidoitforhiphop10Knock_TwiceCashmoneyDux

Replies

• Mr_Vicodin81GMr_Vicodin81G Eating pain pills for breakfast Walgreens Pharmacy Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I can do is LOL
  • CoolJoeCoolJoe Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuck outta here.
    Kellmill
  • 1of11of1 Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I've been down some pretty dark holes - but somehow I always found the strength to climb back out of them," he said.

Uhhhhhh, brometheus

Nh
    Ajackson17xxCivicxx
  • NothingButTheTruthNothingButTheTruth stew Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, so dudes just jumped right in with the ad hominem tactics huh?
    SneakDZAilledout
  • Busta Carmichael Busta Carmichael IC Hall Of Famer, LOT Posts: 13,158 Regulator
    This charbroiled nigga has fucked more bad bitches in his life than y'all. Let that sink in

ill gladly staywith my number if i dont have to look like him, how many women you really think rolled over from getting fucked by crunchy black twin and didnt have to immediatly take a taxi to the phych ward

Deez hoes ain't shit tho bruh.

GhostdenithegawdKingFreemanA$AP_A$TONxxCivicxx
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic It's not too complicated, but you're gonna need a bulletproof soul The Bay 2 Sin CityPosts: 20,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id trade places with Flav. Them 3 seasons of Flava Of Love would make it worth it
    The Jacka Presents:
    Street Knowledge
    "Kill Yaself"

http://www94.zippyshare.com/v/bEsGQfVs/file.html
    #1hiphopjunki3A$AP_A$TON
  • Paul Hate.Paul Hate. Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkskinned ness strikes again.
  • G.AvantG.Avant The Ville where we chillPosts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This shit is illogical on so many different levels I'm not even gonna try to actually break down the shit I disagree with. So I'm just gonna call this nigga a lil ugly ass nigga. Homie looking like a charbroiled gremlin and shit foh
    And_So_It_BurnsA$AP_A$TON
  • GSonIIGSonII Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Its all about tempo now huh? What's next?
    OGClarenceBoddickernumbaz...80's babysouth4life$ineedmoney$
  • Busta Carmichael Busta Carmichael IC Hall Of Famer, LOT Posts: 13,158 Regulator
    G.Avant wrote: »
    This shit is illogical on so many different levels I'm not even gonna try to actually break down the shit I disagree with. So I'm just gonna call this nigga a lil ugly ass nigga. Homie looking like a charbroiled gremlin and shit foh

Why u nosigning me son? U think fucked more bitches than this ugly lil nigga?

Money or not, this nigga looks like the perfect description of that spot behind my nuts nh.

And the fact that he has fucked more bad bitches and tocuhed more money by being P.E. gimmick mascot and also bein able to spend more money on crack that ive ever touched proves that something is wrong with society.
  • Paul Hate.Paul Hate. Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's fuckimg flava flav so what he thinks jay z is not hip hop...betcha he thinks crack is not real drugs either.

Lmao.
  • GhostdenithegawdGhostdenithegawd Up from da 36 chambers HarlemPosts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This charbroiled nigga has fucked more bad bitches in his life than y'all. Let that sink in

ill gladly staywith my number if i dont have to look like him, how many women you really think rolled over from getting fucked by crunchy black twin and didnt have to immediatly take a taxi to the phych ward

Deez hoes ain't shit tho bruh.

real shit
      Colin$mackabi$hPaul Hate.