What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Flavor Flav Explains Why Jay-Z, Kendrick Lamar & Drake Music Is "Not Hip Hop"

Replies

• WeazelWeazel Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeeeeeah Boyyyyyy

Flave might be clowning most of the time, but he is...let's say, not totally wrong at some point
    The thing about that lost element in Hip Hop he talked about for example. IMO it's not even about one
    Because the last decade felt like one big Hip Hop culture shock to me, now im talking mainly mainstream

Kendrick is definitely a Hip Hop artist to me, he may experiment with all kind of beats and styles all he wan't
    As long as he don't forget what gave him the opportunity in the first place, and that was *drum-sounds* Hip Hop
  • A1000MILESA1000MILES Posts: 13,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Een though he's wrong...I get what he means...
    Peep my latest project...Practice Makes Profit 2...Free Stream/Download...

http://johnwade.bandcamp.com/
    Sion
  • BarryHallsBarryHalls Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He has a point. Hip Hop is fun when its at the 93-108 BPM range. I'm sick and tired of these R.Kelly's "bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce" 68-75 BPM tracks.
    03-029-A-Pulled-Pork-Sandwich-Homemade-Coleslaw_xl.jpg

o.jpg

bbq_chicken1.jpg

giphy.gif
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEYxxCivicxx
  • bigrizzbigrizz Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    Dude is in PE so he entitled to his opinion. Its funny to see niggas hate on people who are doing better than them.
  • Peezy_JenkinsPeezy_Jenkins Sion Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im cool with slow tempos

Scotty ATL feat. Bankroll Fresh-Thinkin Bout A Check

Nebu Kiniza-Gassed Up

Keef has quotables in the original that your remix isn't fuckin' wit.

Them hoes they do it for Sosa
    Tadoe off the Molly water
    So nigga be cool like water
    Fore you get hit with this lava

Bitch I'm the trending topic
    Don't care no price I'll cop it b
    And yo bitch steady jockin' me

R.D. wrote: »
    You just don't know much about basketball

8357pi1pdpbh.png
    R.D. wrote: »
    And Wall isn't better than Rondo

Even this moody, play when he want Rondo

Give s2j his swag back n let him Mack disabled children in peace, lame ass nigga
  • Lab BabyLab Baby Parts Unknown via BrooklynPosts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    If he would've explained more I think he would've had a point.
    Flav don't give a fuck tho.
    As long as he getting paid people can call him all kinds of crispety crunchety crackety coons.

Fuck I missed this place.
  • GovernmentCheeseGovernmentCheese Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    "There's no more of that 'Wave your hands in the air like you just don't care' - you know, something that makes you wanna get out there and breakdance,"

westbrookb.gif

Flav start doing spinaroonies in his kitchen every time he like a song.
    tumblr_inline_mynqinDFKd1qhg0kw.gif
    daily_gifdump_478_11.gif
    c23ffce9-6ee0-4552-bf85-c2ef29b16a03.jpg?t=1394889152
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 45,664 Regulator
    He does have a point tho, when was the last time you've seen a bunch of black kids breakdancing ? Or people doing grafitti ? The only area he's wrong is with the music component but remember Hip-Hop is a culture not just limited to music. The music was just a form of expression. The aforementioned artists transcended Hip-Hop into Pop music for dollars and commercial appeal which is exactly what we hear now and as a result, certain elements of the culture weren't so lucky in the transitioning as they simply weren't as profitable.

I get what he's saying but I felt he dropped the ball in not explaining it well. Hip-Hop's musical component went to the moon but the other shit these niggas are doing arguably isn't Hip-Hop. Also b/c of who it is and his history history with drugs, niggas are quick to dismiss him w/o thinking about it. If you young you won't understand, if you older you'll feel what he's saying. We went from breakdancing to twerk videos, grafitti to stereotypical internet memes ("niggas be like...."), rappers wearing skirts and rap music being a laughable career choice for people wanting to get out the hood (which contradicts part of Hip-Hop's goal). At the same time tho it's sort of the old school's fault for not properly grooming the new generation, it sorta was and wasn't their fault tho. Today many don't even own their own music and are broke b/c of shady label practices.

Rap MUSIC has come along way but the rest of the culture hasn't been so fortunate.

Iuno just my 2 cents, it really can go both ways tho....
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
    Disciplined InSightLEMZIMUS_RAMSEYericb4prezA$AP_A$TON
  • Lab BabyLab Baby Parts Unknown via BrooklynPosts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion wrote: »
    He does have a point tho, when was the last time you've seen a bunch of black kids breakdancing ? Or people doing grafitti ? The only area he's wrong is with the music component but remember Hip-Hop is a culture not just limited to music. The music was just a form of expression. The aforementioned artists transcended Hip-Hop into Pop music for dollars and commercial appeal which is exactly what we hear now and as a result, certain elements of the culture weren't so lucky in the transitioning as they simply weren't as profitable.

I get what he's saying but I felt he dropped the ball in not explaining it well. Hip-Hop's musical component went to the moon but the other shit these niggas are doing arguably isn't Hip-Hop. Also b/c of who it is and his history history with drugs, niggas are quick to dismiss him w/o thinking about it. If you young you won't understand, if you older you'll feel what he's saying. We went from breakdancing to twerk videos, grafitti to stereotypical internet memes ("niggas be like...."), rappers wearing skirts and rap music being a laughable career choice for people wanting to get out the hood (which contradicts part of Hip-Hop's goal). At the same time tho it's sort of the old school's fault for not properly grooming the new generation, it sorta was and wasn't their fault tho. Today many don't even own their own music and are broke b/c of shady label practices.

Rap MUSIC has come along way but the rest of the culture hasn't been so fortunate.

*has never been in an NYC subway post*

Dead ass tho, every time them kids get on the train, turn on the boombox and start spinning on poles I wanna punch one of them niggas in the face for almost kicking me. But yeah, I dunno about other places, but dancing in general is still big in NY, though dancing for the most part has been clowned for the past decade. I still argue with my peoples to this day that Crank Dat Soulja Boy is a legitimate hip hop song cuz it incorporates dancing, it's just not in late 70s-80s tradition. Sheeit, twerk videos is still hip hop to me... granted it's raunchy and may not show the better side of human psychology, but it's still a culture and both sides of the gender fence seem to enjoy it, so screw it. I feel like hip hop moves as the people move, and whether it's Adidas sweatsuits and backspinnin on cardboard or skinny jeans and doin the dougie, it's all part of the culture.

BTW, if you never seen subway dancers, it's actually fun to watch unless you're in a packed train bout to get kicked in the mouth. They got different groups, but I forgot their names.

ayyubam2002A$AP_A$TON
    @Sion

I get his point too but change is inevitable. Get with the times or get left behind.

He didn't explain it right so it just sounded silly instead. Breakdancing is a major aspect in Hip Hop culture but Flav really showed his age with that statement.
    daily_gifdump_478_11.gif
    Sion
  • dollarandadreamdollarandadream Posts: 236
    Man Flavor Flav can get the fuc... Never mind
    edited August 2013
    Imagine girls breakdancing instead of twerking when they hear a song they like.

fTyOfpu.gif
    daily_gifdump_478_11.gif
    Disciplined InSightSionxxCivicxx
  • young_reezyyoung_reezy Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    I guess the question i'm asking myself is when did we turn into a society that gets all up at arms about someone having an opinion that's outside the norm or the unpolitically correct thing to say. You've see people complaining about how Hip Hop aint the same for years... shit Nas even dropped a fuckin album called Hip Hop is dead.. we all know that Hip Hop is a different machine now and some of the purist don't really jive with the new era.. I will say that real Hip Hop isn't as abundant as it once was but it is still out there.
  • soul rattlersoul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHPosts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twerking = hip hop

The culture is alive and well.
    do you understand what im getting at?? WHAT WHITE PPL THINK, AND WHAT THEY DEFINE THINGS AS IS NOT THE STANDARD YOU SHOULD BE GOING BY. That is of course, if you are not mentally defeated by the complex of white supremacy, where everything whites do is the "right" way, where having straight hair and lightskin is "beautiful" but dark skin and nappy hair is "ugly"
    You're doing it wrong. You take one and really fuck them up; make an example to the other kids. Like grab the small bitch and gouge her eyes out with your thumbs. Then curb stomp her.
    Wiggars

I'm too militant
    For you shithead crakkka hoes
    I hope you all die
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEYLEMZIMUS_RAMSEY SHAPE YOUR REALITY INSIDE WHICH YOU THRIVE Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is right
    I would like some executioners robb swifft type albums sometimes.
    apocalyse-xmen-2016.jpg
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEYLEMZIMUS_RAMSEY SHAPE YOUR REALITY INSIDE WHICH YOU THRIVE Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twerking = hip hop

The culture is alive and well.

It s low grade hip hop bruh ...
    apocalyse-xmen-2016.jpg
    Sion
  • loch121loch121 Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    P. Town wrote: »
    Bruh...this nigga Flavor Flav had 2 seasons of a show with 40 bad bitches and end up on Couple's Therapy trying to work out his relationship with the prom fiend

3 seasons
    Loch Afro American Psycho EP/mixtape http://www.datpiff.com/Loch-Afro-American-Psycho-mixtape.740928.html
    Loch's youtube channel youtube.com/lochofmceo
    Loch Afro American Horror Story Mixtape Hosted by @DJDooWop http://piff.me/d91349e via @DatPiff
    Follow @Loch121 http://Twitter.com/loch121
    Follow Loch on instagram. http://instagram.com/loch121
  • UPTOWNUPTOWN Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Damn, so dudes just jumped right in with the ad hominem tactics huh?

It's hard no to...it's Fuckin Flava Flav B

09flav.1.jpg

Look at this fuck nigga

wat.gif

Bruh ...

5147f56ae8f811e2aad522000aeb0df6_7.jpg
    5147f56ae8f811e2aad522000aeb0df6_7.jpg
    8e8c95fae9ea11e29a6e22000a1fab27_7.jpg

87b21cd4e7fe11e2b23122000a1f98cf_7.jpg
    70a6cb76e80c11e2a73b22000aa80571_7.jpg

not to mention he had the chance to straighten up and wife this while she was still lookin for "the ladder"

instead he ends up with ivan drago's sloppy seconds?? ... and dont get me posting pics of bucky
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Niggas fear what they don't understand, hate what they can't conquer.....
    I Guess it's just the theory of man
    mike06
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    if i were an FBI Agent tasked with monitoring a forum, I'd post random pictures and watch the reactions of the people.
    j3xxbrubogcz1kewbepy.gif

Você é um otário. Zé buceta. Vai tomar no meio do seu cu. Filho da puta. Arrombado
    King Of The Onomatopoeia
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    if i were an FBI Agent tasked with monitoring a forum, I'd post random pictures and watch the reactions of the people.
    j3xxbrubogcz1kewbepy.gif

Você é um otário. Zé buceta. Vai tomar no meio do seu cu. Filho da puta. Arrombado
    King Of The Onomatopoeia
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 45,664 Regulator
    edited August 2013
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »

*has never been in an NYC subway post*

Dead ass tho, every time them kids get on the train, turn on the boombox and start spinning on poles I wanna punch one of them niggas in the face for almost kicking me. But yeah, I dunno about other places, but dancing in general is still big in NY, though dancing for the most part has been clowned for the past decade. I still argue with my peoples to this day that Crank Dat Soulja Boy is a legitimate hip hop song cuz it incorporates dancing, it's just not in late 70s-80s tradition. Sheeit, twerk videos is still hip hop to me... granted it's raunchy and may not show the better side of human psychology, but it's still a culture and both sides of the gender fence seem to enjoy it, so screw it. I feel like hip hop moves as the people move, and whether it's Adidas sweatsuits and backspinnin on cardboard or skinny jeans and doin the dougie, it's all part of the culture.

BTW, if you never seen subway dancers, it's actually fun to watch unless you're in a packed train bout to get kicked in the mouth. They got different groups, but I forgot their names.

I have never been on an NY subway LOLOL, I'm from Canada so yeah LOL. That's dope as fuck tho and I wish I could see that live in person.

Personally I wish that representation was shown more in music videos fam. I think your post illustrates my ignorance towards it which kinda goes back to what Flav been tryna say. What I would ask is how do you feel about the representation ? Breakdancing is non-existent in rap videos (I see asian kids who care more about it than black kids & we invented it).

Imagine yourself in 1989 rocking African/Black Power chains trying to bring social commentary to your people & culture and 24 years later that shit is swept under a rug & the message lost in favor of materialism. He has every reason to throw shade. I'm just saying, I get where Flav is coming from. He aint illustrate himself well but he has a point.

@Sion

I get his point too but change is inevitable. Get with the times or get left behind.

He didn't explain it right so it just sounded silly instead. Breakdancing is a major aspect in Hip Hop culture but Flav really showed his age with that statement.

This is why I say part of the fault is on the old school, a lot of them dudes just got the money and grew stagnant. They didn't bother to change up their music to fit the changing times the way Jay-Z or Snoop did. Had they done so we might still be getting albums out of them and Hip-Hop might look different today.

Sad, whenever I see these guys now and compare to how they were back then I can't help but SMMFH. Who'd have thought that PE or even LL would ever fall off ? Little things like that, sucks even more if you still listen to tracks like "Rebel Without A Pause" :( ...
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
  • south4lifesouth4life Bama Repesenta! Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    P. Town wrote: »
    Bruh...this nigga Flavor Flav had 2 seasons of a show with 40 bad bitches and end up on Couple's Therapy trying to work out his relationship with the prom fiend

YO! I thought I was the only one that noticed that shit, she looks rough as hell in the face she kind of reminds me of how Amy Winehouse looked before she passed.

This nigga let Hoopz and Deelishis slip thru his fingers to stay with the meth user looking chick and apparently they were still dating when he was doing the shows lol.
    MY SQUADS

MIAMI HEAT - 2006, 2012 & 2013 NBA Champions
    NEW ORLEANS SAINTS - 2010 XLIV Super Bowl Champions
    ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE - 2010, 2012 & 2013 BCS National Champions, 2015 CFB Champions

• G.AvantG.Avant The Ville where we chillPosts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This nigga trying to put hip hop in a tiny ass box. He need to chill out alot of these older generattion niggas can't be satisfied cause they be bitter as fuck that they time gone or that shit isn't exactly like it was when they were young. They complain about a lot of the current artist when they probably haven't even listened to like three songs from the nigga. You gotta respect time shit changes, everybody can't sound like a straight out the nineties nigga like Joey Badass. That nigga is they savior lol.
    Lab BabyEar2DaSt