The official Gun/Firearm discussion/appreciation thread

Comments

• dr funky resurrected
    dr funky resurrected Members Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭
    janklow wrote: »
    get on it, son; not really worth running afoul of the law and all that

also, i guess this is where people start using the reaction stuff to be SO MAD about guns

theres a LOOOOT of people out here refusing to register. I aint that die hard lol I think they all want to get arrested so they can all take it to the supreme court. Or declare civil war. whichever comes first...
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    theres a LOOOOT of people out here refusing to register. I aint that die hard lol I think they all want to get arrested so they can all take it to the supreme court. Or declare civil war. whichever comes first...
    well, i think a lot of people look at the current round of laws as more of a ban on the sale of X and Y than anything else. which is of course an early step into killing gun ownership: make it hard to get into guns, so less people care the next time you push legislation, etc, etc.
  • dr funky resurrected
    well, i think a lot of people look at the current round of laws as more of a ban on the sale of X and Y than anything else. which is of course an early step into killing gun ownership: make it hard to get into guns, so less people care the next time you push legislation, etc, etc.

true
  • dr funky resurrected
    WeeZee wrote: »
    Americans and their guns never cease to amaze me.
    Why do you need such powerful weapons? Why does any man need more than one gun?

That's right, they don't.

And then American people have the nerve to wonder why so many gun massacres and shootings happen in their country.

You don't need televisions, microwaves, dirt bikes, maple syrup, and Justin Beiber either but you don't see me or anyone else making laws banning them!! SMH

I own guns because its my 2nd amendment right to do so. I hope I have over 50 guns when I die just because I have that freedom too.

And don't get me started in that "massacre" ? . That ? is so rare in America you have a better chance of getting hit by lightning in the ? while ? Beyonce on top of a Rolls Royce. ? outta here. Guns protect more people every day than they ? .

Simpleton
  • REV_RAGE
    REV_RAGE Members Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    I appreciate guns but I don't own any now. Got my Bear compound bow, razorheads, and blades galore. Thing is unless you are a handloader you have a limited supply of bullets in a pinch, and yes I can fletch and make bowstrings. Realy would like to get some cold steel spears and one of these.
    http://youtu.be/K3_--rCQhZY
  • dr funky resurrected
    Americans and their guns never cease to amaze me.
    Why do you need such powerful weapons? Why does any man need more than one gun?
    start by telling me what you mean by "powerful weapons." because this sounds like you don't actually know very much about the guns you're enraged about.

what do i need with more than one gun? different guns have different uses?
    And then American people have the nerve to wonder why so many gun massacres and shootings happen in their country.
    i don't wonder: it's because of poor mental health care.
    Did I mention 'banning' guns? No.
    Can you read? Apparently not.
    when you start by complaining about "powerful weapons" and how everyone needs one gun at most? yeah, you're talking about banning guns.
    I can understand having one basic gun at your home for 'protection' but there should be licensing of both the gun and the gun owner. But I don't understand how owning, for example, 50 military style guns can be justified.
    there are more uses for a gun than "one basic gun at your home for protection." and what's a "basic gun" versus a "powerful gun?"
    ...and i am not sure you're exactly familiar with US gun laws, but that's admittedly a little complicated.
    ...and what's a "military-style" gun?
    Your country has suffered between 1-5 gun massacres a year since 1999, how is that a rare occurrence?
    well, your numbers are wrong, but if they were RIGHT.... 5 events in 14 years in a country with 300 million firearms? yeah, that would be the very definition of "rare."
    You people would rather think you're 'free' than have any regard for human life.
    ...and here we have a false choice. i can have the utmost regard for human life AND uphold the constitutional principle of firearm ownership. it starts, for example, with me not running around shooting people with my guns.

You cannot win gun arguments with Cansdians. My girlfriend is a gun grabbing Canadian. I love her but when it comes to guns with her I feel like Im talking to a lamp...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • janklow
    You cannot win gun arguments with Cansdians. My girlfriend is a gun grabbing Canadian. I love her but when it comes to guns with her I feel like Im talking to a lamp...
    some Canadians really do love guns (and less so their gun laws). really, though, it's not just Canadians: a lot of people argue based more on what they believe laws/guns to be rather than what's the actual case.
    Theodis wrote: »
    Obama to sign UN Arms Treaty this month while congress is in recess
    Senate won't ratify it, whatever

• BlueCity
    BlueCity Members Posts: 134
    edited August 2013
    @Icecoldstew kno's what time it is, straight head shot's leave his head on the pavement and his momma in tears

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHNv3URFApM

14l26vk.jpg
  • dr funky resurrected
    edited August 2013
    Im sick of waiting.. they need to kick this SAFE ACT Repeal up a notch...

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/ny-gov-cuomo-may-see-pro-gun-challenger

NY Gov. Cuomo May See A Pro-Gun Challenger In 2014

CATHERINE THOMPSON 1:46 PM EDT, TUESDAY JUNE 18, 2013
    New York state Assemblyman Steve McLaughlin (R) floated a potential 2014 gubernatorial run on Monday against Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D), whom he accused of being a "schoolyard bully" on gun control laws.

McLaughlin told the Albany Times-Union that New York's 4 million gun owners, who live mostly upstate, are his support base. He previously criticized Cuomo's championing of the SAFE Act that put constraints on assault weapons, saying "? would be proud" of the law's passage.

"Could it be viewed as a David vs. Goliath? Yes — but David won," McLaughlin told the newspaper. "I'm not a wallflower."

McLaughlin told the Times-Union that would further capitalize on his upstate appeal by focusing on economic revitalization of the region. He criticized Cuomo's economic proposals that benefit the governor's "cronies," saying "a two-day canoe trip" doesn't cut it with constituents.

McLaughlin's exploration of a challenge to Cuomo was first reported Monday by the New York Post.
  • janklow
    Im sick of waiting.. they need to kick this SAFE ACT Repeal up a notch...
    sadly, i am at the point where i think you have to either hope high courts kick this ? or work on educating the masses, because neither NY or MD or any of these states are getting a quick resolution from our political classes
  • dr funky resurrected
    They just introduced a new bill in July to track all ammo and make it illegal for you not to own traceable ammo. Traceable as in your name in a database
  • janklow
    They just introduced a new bill in July to track all ammo and make it illegal for you not to own traceable ammo. Traceable as in your name in a database
    i cannot even see how this is an enforceable law, but what do i know, right?

• dr funky resurrected
    i cannot even see how this is an enforceable law, but what do i know, right?

Lol ? ... How are they gonna enforce half of the safe act? Lol
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now i undersstand that guns are part of your american DNA ....
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got a 380 by Taurs...Wanna get another one, the S&W bodyguard...And then either a 40 or a 9mm...I have no desire for anything bigger...
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smh had to throw away all my extended mags, since they're illegal in ct now
  • janklow
    lemzola wrote: »
    also, noted in our Constitution as a right the government cannot infringe on (hah, right, i know)
    also, inanimate objects NOT responsible for the problems people complain about while they target guns and do nothing to address actual issues
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    Got a 380 by Taurs...Wanna get another one, the S&W bodyguard...And then either a 40 or a 9mm...I have no desire for anything bigger...
    i have very mixed opinions of Taurus but i am going to assume you like yours?
    i thought in CT you could register them? honestly not 100% sure how that works up there right now

• dr funky resurrected
    lemzola wrote: »

Lol you sound like my girlfriend
  • dr funky resurrected

SMH I ain't getting rid of ? , they can suck my salty ?
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @janklow

Yeah, mine was given to me, I ain't buy it...But I haven't run into any of the usual complaints that I see from people online...
  • janklow
    Yeah, mine was given to me, I ain't buy it...But I haven't run into any of the usual complaints that I see from people online...
    i have known a couple people who actively bought little Tauruses and they're generally satisfied... but you know. occasionally i get called a bit of a snob but i just can't see myself buying any Taurus if there's anything else viable in the same category.

• B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have known a couple people who actively bought little Tauruses and they're generally satisfied... but you know. occasionally i get called a bit of a snob but i just can't see myself buying any Taurus if there's anything else viable in the same category.
    They make decent revolvers
  • janklow
    They make decent revolvers
    a friend of mine was very into their 8-shot .357 Magnum (Model 608, IIRC), but ended up going with a non-Taurus because he couldn't get one soon enough around these parts.