The Official 2013/2014 Chicago Bears Thread

14567810»

Comments

• J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ckfree wrote: »
    i really think you gotta put a pitch count on him asking him to throw 40 times and you walking down the wrong hood

Agreed.

Trestman didn't follow thru on his promises for Cutler. We rarely saw any QB rollouts and the run game was non-existent.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J.J._Evans wrote: »
    ckfree wrote: »
    i really think you gotta put a pitch count on him asking him to throw 40 times and you walking down the wrong hood

Agreed.

Trestman didn't follow thru on his promises for Cutler. We rarely saw any QB rollouts and the run game was non-existent.

when he decided to kick a game winning field goal in 2013 (from 47) on 2nd down with timeouts left to get into closer range to only have robbie miss it and lose in OT is when i knew he had no idea what he was doing

gotta put jay in a hs offense

run
    run
    run
    run
    run
    play action downfield (or scramble/rollout)

it worked for the cowboys it can work for the bears (even though romo the better qb) they gotta really utilize forte more in the run game next season
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fox just said that they're still evaluating Jay Cutler, & they've switched to a 3-4 Defense
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how much 3-4 will they play. Right now, Jared Allen looks like a bad fit (it hasn't worked out anyway) in for a 3-4.
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    twizza 77 wrote: »
    I wonder how much 3-4 will they play. Right now, Jared Allen looks like a bad fit (it hasn't worked out anyway) in for a 3-4.

I read in today's paper that Fox said he's putting Allen & Young at OLB in the 3-4 Defense, & it's up to them to either sink or swim. IDK about that