#blackpowerisforblackmen is trending on Twitter right now

Options

Comments

• 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »
    Those quotes sound dumb as ? . I am interested in seeing the facts those statements are based upon though.

The point of the hashtag is to point out the stuff that gets ignored, if something is getting ignored how exactly am I going to provide facts?

It's obviously something that a lot of bw experience so why say it sounds dumb because you don't like what they're saying?

It sounds dumb because of the tone, and the fact that it is a public attempt to show black men in a bad light WITHOUT FACTS. Therefore, it's not productive, it is simply confrontational and destructive.

I don't necessarily dislike what they're saying...especially if they can provide FACTS. It's the spirit behind it and the way they went about it that (ie, the forum they chose) is the issue. It's more divisive than informative. It comes off as "I am fed up" rants as though other more constructive ways of getting the ideas across didn't work. It singles out black men WITHOUT showing any desire to repair issues or have a productive discussion.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    I could have sworn that Rachel jeantel not only had people defending her, but got a full college scholarship out of everything from Tom Joyner. That's a hell of a public lynching to walk away with all your school expenses paid for
  • gorilla
    gorilla Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's a damn shame the way black men and women are at war with each other (not literally all, but way too many). That feminism ? ? us up bad and I've said this before, watch how those white women talk that ? but still make sure they're at home taking care of their families. ? was a trick from jump.

I remember in the 90's everything you saw on tv, movies, etc depicted black men to be nothin but violent criminals that ain't good for ? . Then shortly after, they put out the image of black women as angry, lazy, not as pretty as their white counterparts. Now here you have it, we can get along for ? .

We gotta stop fallin for the banana in the tail pipe.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I could really give a ? about what's trending on twitter.

All the tweets sound like they're from lost birds that don't have a clue about what's really going on.
  • blackrain
    Options
    haute wrote: »
    what the ?

All these degrees and beyonce CD's and this is what you create

Listen

It's not either or

You can acknowledge the struggles of black women without putting down black men

WTF

And I hate that they put Trayvon in this

I get we as black women deal with a lot

But I have a younger brother and remeber how life changed for him when he turned 16 and was over 6 feet tall

The harassment that black boys go through women simply can not relate

And to play the 'my hurt is greater than your hurt' is so petty.

To some simply being a man is enough reason to have whatever you go through ignored. Admittedly we as men don't help with the over the top bravado about how those situations affect us mentally and emotionally. We just supposed to shrug that ? off so when we do speak on it sometimes we're told to get out our own feelings and deal with it because "we're men". While women are expected to be more in touch with emotions so they get a pass on feeling slighted and being able to express it.
  • deadeye
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    darkone360 wrote: »
    Damn y'all done unleashed Darx. Lol

So of course whenever race is involved and whites are under attack they do what always works. Turn the angry black ? in the direction of black males and say, "there you go LaQueefa...attack him." And like a good ? ? they fall for it every time.

laugh-o.gif

sarkozy_laugh.gif

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    black and haute up in here testifying

*slow clap*
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Thought that this might get interesting until:

@MoneyMyPassion : #blackpowerisforblackmen Why, because black men are oppressed by police? Nobody told you to drop out of High School & sell ? .

but, nah, they just trolling. Nothing to see here. Sadly, we were about due for this ? .
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The whole idea of feminism is null and void. Do you know how easy it is to lose your job as a man over sexual harassment in 2013? Or how men's roles have become marginalized by your rhetoric?? The funniest thing is when feminists are quick to point out how there are salary disparities in the work field but fail to realize those stats include all the ? massage therapy, dental technician, secretary of a secretary jobs they take on. We all get it now. You're a proud independent woman.....when it's convenient. Any other time, "feminists" are the same as every other basic chick that wants to be pampered (or taken care of, ? forbid) by a man. My thing is, decide what you want and stick to that role. But realize that "independent" doesn't leave much room for partnership. As a matter of fact, it signifies singularity
  • sweetheart93
    sweetheart93 Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    Ma, you won't ever get it. You won't ever understand it. No matter how bad it gets with my sistahs as far as understanding and communication, I won't say some dumb ? like "I never found a black woman that I like". That's just stupid. It doesn't take a PhD to know that you could have found someone that you liked in a black male. Us good men are out there, but like white men and other stupid ass black folks, you lumped all in a category. How ironic? But you found a white man that you liked real quick huh?

And yes, there is various ways a person exposes their character. It takes some keen sense and some people studying to recognize it. And you are very easy to read ma.

Dude, that's the thing, YOU don't get it. I met my husband when I was 17/18 and I STOPPED dating. I never said I couldn't find a black man liked, I said I DIDN'T, I'm sure If I ? left white ass Napa I would have found a black dude I liked but I met my husband before that happened. Oh well. and yes I met ONE white dude I liked very quickly in the whitest city, in a white state, in a majority white country. lmfao

According to you because I didn't find a black man I liked out of the 5 men I dated before I met my husband, I'm lumping all black men into a category. (even though I've turned down MORE white men than black). See how ridiculous that sounds?

I agree there are various ways to read someone's character, but misinterpreting what they say and trying to judge their life decisions based of off YOUR life experiences and not theirs isn't the way to do it.
  • deadeye
    Options

Dude, that's the thing, YOU don't get it. I met my husband when I was 17/18 and I STOPPED dating.

@sweetheart93

And married him at 19.

Thanks for confirming my theory that we discussed a few weeks back :-)
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Ma, you won't ever get it. You won't ever understand it. No matter how bad it gets with my sistahs as far as understanding and communication, I won't say some dumb ? like "I never found a black woman that I like". That's just stupid. It doesn't take a PhD to know that you could have found someone that you liked in a black male. Us good men are out there, but like white men and other stupid ass black folks, you lumped all in a category. How ironic? But you found a white man that you liked real quick huh?

And yes, there is various ways a person exposes their character. It takes some keen sense and some people studying to recognize it. And you are very easy to read ma.

Dude, that's the thing, YOU don't get it. I met my husband when I was 17/18 and I STOPPED dating. I never said I couldn't find a black man liked, I said I DIDN'T, I'm sure If I ? left white ass Napa I would have found a black dude I liked but I met my husband before that happened. Oh well. and yes I met ONE white dude I liked very quickly in the whitest city, in a white state, in a majority white country. lmfao

According to you because I didn't find a black man I liked out of the 5 men I dated before I met my husband, I'm lumping all black men into a category. (even though I've turned down MORE white men than black). See how ridiculous that sounds?

I agree there are various ways to read someone's character, but misinterpreting what they say and trying to judge their life decisions based of off YOUR life experiences and not theirs isn't the way to do it.

Ok. for whatever reason you ended up with a white man that was your choice. Now that you have made that choice black men should no longer be your concern, so why are you co-signing these black men haters on twitter?
  • sweetheart93
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    @sweetheart93

And married him at 19.

lmfao yeah, I don't believe in premarital sex

Not tryin to burn in hell yo. :(
  • blackrain
    Options
    zombie wrote: »

Ok. for whatever reason you ended up with a white man that was your choice. Now that you have made that choice black men should no longer be your concern, so why are you co-signing these black men haters on twitter?

If she has a son he's still black. Unless you're going to say he's not which then eliminates alot of people from black history that are pretty damn important
  • deadeye
    edited August 2013
    Options
    @sweetheart93

And married him at 19.

@sweetheart93

You're definitely a rare breed.

Props for sticking to your principles.
  • zombie
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

If she has a son he's still black. Unless you're going to say he's not which then eliminates alot of people from black history that are pretty damn important

I am not asking her about any children i hope she does not have, i am asking her about HER.

And the one drop rule is ? stupid, i don't see it lasting much longer when the population of mixed people grows to a certain point they are going to want their own identity and in doing so they are going to turn around and ? on black people history will repeat it self cause black people refuse to learn.
  • zombie
    Options
    @sweetheart93

And married him at 19.

@sweetheart93

Yeah, but she stuck to it with a white man so what good is that for us.
  • sweetheart93
    Options

If I have a son, he'll be still be seen as black. and I also have brothers, cousins, uncles, and a father, so why wouldn't I be concerned about black men?

I felt like the tweets I quoted were true.

10zakgn.jpg
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    beyonce want women to come together but she said bow down ?
  • deadeye
    Options
    @sweetheart93

And married him at 19.

@sweetheart93

Yeah, you've got a point.

Just rare to hear about women maintaining their chastity until their wedding night in this day and age.

• Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • zombie
    Options

If I have a son, he'll be still be seen as black. and I also have brothers, cousins, uncles, and a father, so why wouldn't I be concerned about black men?

I felt like the tweets I quoted were true.

10zakgn.jpg

I am not talking about your family relations, even roaches love their families so your concern for your KIN does not count. You are not going to marry have children and build a life with your cousin, brother or uncles. So therefore How black women feel about black men in general counts more than how they feel about the individual black men they may care for especially if they are family.

How does You being loyal and faithful to a white man create a positive for black men? it does nothing for us it only makes some ? happy.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    divide and conquer...
    now u can fire a black man for saying something "racial" about another black man...
    unity >>>
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.