Joe Budden & Styles P Get Into Tense Convo Over Kendrick Lamar

Options

Comments

• bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "I'm Makaveli's offspring/I'm the king of NY"

Am I the only person who interpreted that line as him metaphorically saying he's Pac & BIG reincarnated seeing as BIG was the original King if NY.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol@ kendricks lines being "metaphorical"

"I'm important like the pope/I'm a muslim on pork/I'm Makaveli's offspring, I'm the king of New York
    King of the Coast,
    one hand, I juggle them both/The juggernaut's all in your jugular, you take me for jokes"

duckworth said he was tupacs son then followed it with the kony line. he knows what hes doing

tumblr_md6m7ygJcY1rkdrgpo1_500.gif

Didn't see this prior to my post, but I took that ? metaphorically from the jump.

• blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    since when is Joe buddens on a level as even a man to question the ghost
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol since bar for bar a lot of Niccas can't ? with him
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol since bar for bar a lot of Niccas can't ? with him
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    n.mcfly wrote: »
    Styles a real for calling joe buddens on that ? ? ....if buddens is so corcerned he need to respond to kendrick if he feels some type about it

i don't think it applies to budden on the level of bars, as for the styles p side he could've addressed that king of ny line more or less. but styles too mad to go that route with music he too street. still my nicca tho. i would love to see sp in the mainstream again.
    Ion think heads hate him. He's a dope spitter and he is a true emcee unlike some of these new n*ggas. I'll give him that. He doesn't shy away from battles on wax and I haven't seen him lose (Deck did get in his a*s 4 years ago though).

Heads don't like these stunts he keeps pulling. He a corny dude. What does him trickin' on and flaunting groupies/ videohoes that other rappers have hit have to do with anything. I guess he's flaunting them for guys like you (no offence).

I see what you mean but at the same time What stunts ? The ? joint dude said her was a better mc than ? and the older Gods didn't like it. Granted some things should be kept private. I just don't get the lvl of hate when other bigger mc's do worse ?
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joe budden has no filter most of the time and doesn't think before he starts to say something
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pac was born in the bronx so hes saying he pac son but since pac was born in the bronx he can lay claim to both cost, also being king of ny is to have reaigb over all coast
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pac was born in the bronx so hes saying he pac son but since pac was born in the bronx he can lay claim to both cost, also being king of ny is to have reaigb over all coast
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    babel wrote: »
    Theodis wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Joe makes it to easy to hate him.... With that said he done battled many a rapper....? went at jay 50 and game...

too bad they didn't notice....well... except for game...

It's not that what he said was light. It got overlooked because of who he is. Had KDot spit those same lyrics at Jay or 50 it'd be front page news.

? pick and choose.
  • Infamous.H_G_C
    Infamous.H_G_C Members Posts: 263 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah Joey does look like a little ? on twitter running around the playground on some "ooohhh, ooohhh, let's get him" ? ! But truthfully...? battle rapping! I liken it to fast food versus organic home cooked meals, when I say an emcee who can win a cypher ain't ? to an emcee who can make a dope ass album, consumers feel compelled to purchase! And in that vain Kendrick is clowning the hell out of EVERYONE I've heard reply to him thus far! You dudes are battle emcees but your albums SUCK HORRIBLY!! Wanna reply to Kendrick properly? Make a more entertaining, impactful, critically acclaimed album than GKMC!!! Yeah......I'll wait!

• Infamous.H_G_C
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Slaughterhouse consists of FOUR exceptional emcees. And not ONE of them individually or combined has made an album doper than GKMC. So Joey should have a seat and be quiet. Battle raps and "bars" won't fix how Kendrick has shamed you all.

• IResearch
    IResearch Members Posts: 287 ✭✭
    Options
    MOOD MUZIK 3 > GKMC

Are you ? serious? Joey was on that deep ? way before Kendricks a highachooler. ?
  • IResearch
    Options
    Kendrick was a highschooler*
    ? autocorrect. And ? you too
  • Infamous.H_G_C
    edited August 2013
    Options
    IResearch wrote: »
    MOOD MUZIK 3 > GKMC

Are you ? serious? Joey was on that deep ? way before Kendricks a highachooler. ?

And WHO bought Mood Muzik 3 besides you and five of your friends? Right! How many consumers and critics combined have hailed it as a "classic" hip hop release? Don't answer any of those rhetorical questions!

Your backyard battle rapper Joey should forever remain "hush" about who is and who isn't the best or KONY, until he and his cohorts can manage to compose and release a project the hip hop community can embrace in mass!

Until then the ONLY thing I commend Joey for is an IG and twitter account full of escapades with some of the baddest industry ? and groupies fame can provide! Outside of that, he'll remain good ol' average Joe, who Raekwon punched in the eye.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol SP the ghost want to ? any black man but scared of any white man that rips him off. Resorting to violence over competition is weak and poor sportsmanship.
  • Infamous.H_G_C
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »
    Lol SP the ghost want to ? any black man but scared of any white man that rips him off. Resorting to violence over competition is weak and poor sportsmanship.

You're rambling! I don't think any of us know what fantasy you're talking about.

• Wild Self
    Options
    n.mcfly wrote: »
    Styles a real for calling joe buddens on that ? ? ....if buddens is so corcerned he need to respond to kendrick if he feels some type about it

i don't think it applies to budden on the level of bars, as for the styles p side he could've addressed that king of ny line more or less. but styles too mad to go that route with music he too street. still my nicca tho. i would love to see sp in the mainstream again.

So the ghost has temper problems that no one would ? with. There were times where he blew things outta proportion ( not this one).
  • Wild Self
    Options

You're rambling! I don't think any of us know what fantasy you're talking about.

Resorting to street violence over ? is why some people can't distinguish competition to actual beef. I'm all for better bars and better music, but not over violence. Being" street" doesn't mean that you can make better music.
  • Infamous.H_G_C
    edited August 2013
    Options

Resorting to street violence over ? is why some people can't distinguish competition to actual beef. I'm all for better bars and better music, but not over violence. Being" street" doesn't mean that you can make better music.

Oooohhhhhhhh I see what you're saying. So you do realize that JB didn't challenge SP to a battle, right? He verbally offended him from the safety of his twitter account. And we all know that if he would have been in SP's presence he would have had a far different demeanor.

If you say something offensive or disrespectful to a man that ain't in the form of a song, you think two men should run into a recording booth to settle it?

FOH!!!

Let's not confuse rap with reality!

EDIT:

2wh3vi8.jpg

^^This is why he gets hands put on him all the time. The first one barking online, got everyone's panties in a bunch, rallying all east coast emcees for a call to arms and ? , than sitting on his hands like he doesn't know what all the fuss is about! Bitchmade ? !

And THAT is why I don't ? with him as a man, or a musician!!

He has a WEAK character!!!

• bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HGH in here with the roid rage
  • IResearch
    Options
    Mm3 don't need to move units or catch the ears of critics. Listen to it and tell me with a straight face GKMC is better. I dare you.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"I'm important like the pope/I'm a muslim on pork/I'm Makaveli's offspring, I'm the king of New York
    King of the Coast,
    one hand, I juggle them both/The juggernaut's all in your jugular, you take me for jokes"

duckworth said he was tupacs son then followed it with the kony line. he knows what hes doing

I hate to be condescending but Do you even know the definition of "Metaphor"? LMAO

its kinda sorta what you bolded while you Laffed out loud like the bars werent metas

You IC ? ? me. wow @ this post.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »

King of the Coast,

I hate to be condescending but Do you even know the definition of "Metaphor"? LMAO

its kinda sorta what you bolded while you Laffed out loud like the bars werent metas

It doesn't matter if he meant it as a metaphor, he still said it.

Canibus was trying to big up LL with his line, but LL still chopped his head off. That's just how the rap game goes.

If you don't want nothing, keep your mouth shut.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bull6599 wrote: »
    "I'm Makaveli's offspring/I'm the king of NY"

Am I the only person who interpreted that line as him metaphorically saying he's Pac & BIG reincarnated seeing as BIG was the original King if NY.

No..you're not the only one. I thought of it that way as well.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »

King of the Coast,

It doesn't matter if he meant it as a metaphor, he still said it.

Canibus was trying to big up LL with his line, but LL still chopped his head off. That's just how the rap game goes.

If you don't want nothing, keep your mouth shut.

Man all he basically said is he feels like his impact as an artist feels like hes liked on both coast enough to try to keep that love from everybody by outwritting his peers. In his mind maybe Pac ,was the last person to remind him of the coast to coast respect he gets. I dont see whats wrong with using the metaphor he used especially if you think you one of todays best which you suppose to think. We all know LL wit his big ass head took the Canibus thing the complete wrong way like alotta these rappers doin wit this and thats how that started too