Black Atheists Question?

Options

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oceanic wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    if you affirm nothing then you are an agnostic.

The agnostic makes no choice

Here's the thing: Atheism is not an affirmation of anything. It is the rejection or the lack of an affirmation.

Agnosticism, in a way, is an affirmation when one affirms that he/she doesn't know.

I REJECT ALL OTHER FORMS OF ATHEISM

I'm a Buddhist.. and let's agree that I'm an agnostic instead of an atheist. If you want, you can call me a theist or a panentheist or a pantheist or a deist. If you don't like calling me a Buddhist, you can call me a Christian or a Hindu or a Muslim. Either way, I don't believe in ? (s) and the label you decide to place on me does not automatically or magically change my argument against the existence of ? .

Now what?

There is no NOW WHAT. If you believe in anything that is unprovable and unscientific then that ultimately makes your positions no different than the thesist. you still base your argument against the existence of ? on subjective beliefs that have no proof, THEIST base our beliefs on subjective understandings of religious texts or our subjective understandings of reality.

A REAL atheist does not believe in ? because to them the existence of any kind of ? would not be logical it is a complete and total statement that ? cannot exist.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    If you believe in anything that is unprovable and unscientific

I don't.
    you still base your argument against the existence of ? on subjective beliefs that have no proof

Yeah, basically you have no proof of ? and I'm basing my argument on your lack of that proof. Am I right?
    A REAL atheist does not believe in ? because to them the existence of any kind of ? would not be logical it is a complete and total statement that ? cannot exist.

I don't believe in ? and ? cannot possibly exist. It is completely illogical.

LOL @zombie telling me what a real atheist is. You're not even a real Christian. You're a hypocrite. Your Bible warns real Christians about people like you.
  • zombie
    edited August 2013
    Options

I don't.
    you still base your argument against the existence of ? on subjective beliefs that have no proof

Yeah, basically you have no proof of ? and I'm basing my argument on your lack of that proof. Am I right?

LOL @zombie telling me what a real atheist is. You're not even a real Christian. You're a hypocrite. Your Bible warns real Christians about people like you.

The teachings of budda are unscientific and unprovable he was an agnostic not an atheist if you follow his teachings you cannot be an atheist. How am i a hypocrite? i am a "real christian" all it takes to be a christian is a belief in the teachings of christ. Theist don't claim to have exhaustive proof that ? exist only that it is illogical to not believe in a ? .

You are a buddhist, the nerve of you to act like you are some kind of rational person whose beliefs are more enlightened than any one else. the ? you believe in is no more provable than anything i believe in.
    you can't base your atheism on what theist believe because what we believe is subjective.

real atheism has to be based on objective logic, in other words without your own personal opinion on the subject, ? cannot exist because logic dictates that a ? cannot exist. As you think now you are basing your whole thought process on the lack of understanding and subjective proof others have on the existence of ? .
  • Bodhi
    Options

I don't.

The teachings of budda are unscientific and unprovable he was an agnostic not an atheist if you follow his teachings you cannot be an atheist. How am i a hypocrite? i am a "real christian" all it takes to be a christian is a belief in the teachings of christ. Theist don't claim to have exhaustive proof that ? exist only that it is illogical to not believe in a ? .

You are a buddhist, the nerve of you to act like you are some kind of rational person whose beliefs are more enlightened than any one else. the ? you believe in is no more provable than anything i believe in.
    you can't base your atheism on what theist believe because what we believe is subjective real atheism has to be based on objective logic. You are basing your whole way of think on the lack of understanding of others and that is weak.

Jesus told his followers to love and pray for their enemies. All you do is spew hatred and condescension while attempting to preach Jesus's ? . You wish you were holier than us but you aren't. You haven't gained any spiritual growth or maturity and I can tell by the way you present yourself. You are a hypocrite. You are not a real Christian because you don't even have the respect for Yeshua' s teachings to follow them.
  • zombie
    Options

I don't.

you can't base your atheism on what theist believe because what we believe is subjective real atheism has to be based on objective logic. You are basing your whole way of think on the lack of understanding of others and that is weak.

Jesus told his followers to love and pray for their enemies. All you do is spew hatred and condescension while attempting to preach Jesus's ? . You wish you were holier than us but you aren't. You haven't gained any spiritual growth or maturity and I can tell by the way you present yourself. You are a hypocrite. You are not a real Christian because you don't even have the respect for Yeshua' s teachings to follow them.

never have i preached here. Who do you think i am doyouwant2gotoheaven? People think being a christian means you are mr. super clean but that if far from the reality. No i don't think i am holier than anyone else where have i ever said that i will go to heaven and you won't? where have i every said that ? loves me more than you? ? will love you and still let you suffer and i feel the same way about some of the people here. I don't hate you or anyone else on the i.c, some of you disgust me and make me angry sometimes but i don't hate you.

PEOPLE FORGET that the christian ? is also a ? of war and that's the chamber i am in WHEN i debate here.
    The O.T ? IS THE same ? of the N.T.
  • Bodhi
    Options

PEOPLE FORGET that the christian ? is also a ? of war and that's the chamber i am in WHEN i debate here.

Jesus commanded you to love your enemies, not go to war with them. You are trying to be ? . You are a hypocrite and therefore not a real Christian. I can't respect that.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    Doyou is a real Christian. He never speaks ill of his enemies
  • zombie
    Options

Jesus commanded you to love your enemies, not go to war with them. You are trying to be ? . You are a hypocrite and therefore not a real Christian. I can't respect that.

I think you are forgetting that jesus is coming back to destroy his enemies and those of his people
  • Bodhi
    Options

I think you are forgetting that jesus is coming back to destroy his enemies and those of his people

Then be prepared for him to come and slice and dice your throat for being the hypocrite that you are and not doing what he commanded you to do.
  • zombie
    Options
    Doyou is a real Christian. He never speaks ill of his enemies

I respect him doyouwant2gotoheaven but jesus spoke ill of the Pharisees you people get the wrong impression about Jesus. He did not stand for nonsense.
  • zombie
    Options

Then be prepared for him to come and slice and dice your throat for being the hypocrite that you are and not doing what he commanded you to do.

as it relates to you and our discussions on religion I am doing exactly what he wants me to do which is to try and dispell wrong headed views on his teaching. If you think jesus has a problem destroying his enemies you are wrong
  • Bodhi
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Either way, you are not a real Christian because you do not respect his teachings. You only use them as an excuse to hate other people. He did not reach you to destroy or speak ill towards other people. You only want to be ? . You are more similar to Satan.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread turned for the worst...
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Atheist swine!!!!!

• zombie
    Options
    Either way, you are not a real Christian because you do not respect his teachings. You only use them as an excuse to hate other people. He did not reach you to destroy or speak ill towards other people. You only want to be ? . You are more similar to Satan.
    I respect the teachings and I don't hate anyone stop being so sensative it is your ideology that is my enemy not you personally.
  • zombie
    Options
    This is a debate and you expect me not to attack your position, stop crying what do you think a real Christian is someone who just lets anybody walk over him and talk all kinds nonsense. Iam not the perfect christian but i am a christian
  • Bodhi
    edited August 2013
    Options
    This thread turned for the worst...

lol
  • Bodhi
    Options
    Iam not the perfect christian but i am a christian

You are not a real Christian.
  • zombie
    Options

what do you think a real christian is?
    I believe in ? the Father ? the Son and ? the Holy Spirit and in the teachings of christ that is all that is needed

Now stop crying,
  • Bodhi
    Options
    I believe in ? the Father ? the Son and ? the Holy Spirit and in the teachings of christ that is all that is needed

Now stop crying,

A real Christian is one who lives by the teaching of Yeshua; not simply claiming it. You claim it, but you don't live it.
  • zombie
    Options

Now stop crying,

A real Christian is one who lives by the teaching of Yeshua; not simply claiming it. You claim it, but you don't live it.

you don't know me outside of a discussion forum, you know nothing about how I live my life. you also have the wrong impressions about yeshua teachings if you think he was just some peace loving hippy who backed down from confrontation.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    you know nothing about how I live my life.

I know enough to know you aren't a real Christian. Yeshua taught you to turn the other cheek and love your oppressor.
  • zombie
    Options

I know enough to know you aren't a real Christian. Yeshua taught you to turn the other cheek and love your oppressor.

you are not my oppressor, and their is more than one kind of love. I love people enough to tell them how wrong they are. turning the other cheek means not seeking revenge, it does not mean let them slap you.
  • Bodhi
    Options

you are not my oppressor, and their is more than one kind of love. I love people enough to tell them how wrong they are. turning the other cheek means not seeking revenge, it does not mean let them slap you.

I didn't say I was your oppressor did I?
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Must be Oceanic at it Lol...

what up folk...

Man Jesus Loves You too lol