Christian Bale Reportedly Offered $50m To Return As Batman In Man Of Steel 2 .. .

Options
rip.dilla
rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
In a payday which might make him as rich as his character Bruce Wayne, Christian Bale has reportedly been offered $50 million (£32 million) to reprise his star role as Batman in the next Superman film.

The two heroes were part of comic book legend's Justice League, which also included Wonder Woman.

The film, which follows this year's Man of Steel, would see DC Comics attempt to emulate Marvel's highly lucrative Avengers franchise, which brought together many of the publisher's biggest superheroes and scored the third highest US gross in film history.

Henry Cavill is assumed to be continuing in the role of Superman, which he debuted in Man of Steel - giving him a chance to pick up the franchise from that film's middling reviews.

Joining 2012's Avengers Assemble in the list of top ten earners are The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises, in which Bale fought off two of the genre's most memorable baddies - Heath Ledger's Joker and Tom Hardy's Bane.

The Welshman - who also starred in The 3:10 to Yuma and American ? - has since suggested his days of capedly crusading might be over.

Last month, he said: “We were incredibly fortunate to get to make three [Batman films]. That’s enough. Let’s not get greedy.”

But according to the Press Association, a new eBook has quoted a source from Legendary Pictures saying the studio wants him on board.

As quoted in "Beyond Batman: The Unauthorised True Story of Christian Bale and His Dark Knight Dilemma", an insider said: "Why would Christian Bale walk away from what is certainly going to be either the first or second highest grossing movie in the history of cinema?

"He could probably make 50 million dollars for being in the movie 20 minutes. And it would be worth every penny to the studio."

The book, by Vincent Russel, added: "Sources close to Christian Bale have reportedly begun expressing their suspicions that Bale now views the Batman films in the same light that Robert Downey Jr views the Iron Man films."

Bale has also said of the role: “It’s a torch that should be handed from one actor to another. So I enjoy looking forward to what somebody else will come up with," and who might take the role in the 39-year-old's absence is a question of fevered debate.

Ladbrokes.com placed Josh Brolin at 2/1 favourite to play the next Bruce Wayne, with everbody's favourite tough guy/heart-throb Ryan Gosling in at second on 3/1. Joseph Gordon-Levitt, whose character John Blake was tantalisingly revealed to have the real name "Robin" at the end of The Dark Knight Rises, is judged an outsider at 33/1.

Producers Warner are also thought to be planning a Justice League film. First introduced in a 1960 comic book, the group comprises Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman, joined by Green Lantern and Aquaman.

Meanwhile, Breaking Bad star Bryan Cranston has teased fans with a suggestion that he might fancy a ? at playing Superman's arch-nemesis, Lex Luthor. Asked about whether he'd play the role, he told US news site Metro: “Give me a call.

"I like Lex Luthor. I think he’s misunderstood. He’s a loveable, sweet man."

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/the-dark-knight-reprises-christian-bale-reportedly-offered-50m-to-return-as-batman-in-man-of-steel-2-8760943.html

Comments

• rip.dilla
    Options
    ^ Hilarious film

Especially when they flaunting they business cards in the office . ..
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not going to happen. He doesn't need it. The man is doing what he wants with his career already.
  • rip.dilla
    Options
    They talking 50 milli for 20 minutes of screen-time though?
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think bale is goat but i hope they cast a different actor for mos2 and whatever
    i mean mos2 is only gonna be the next film, how much would they offer bale after that for another bat or justice league movie 70 or a 100 milli?
    comeon b stop
  • Broddie
    edited August 2013
    Options
    It could be 10 min of screen time. The man would rather spend his time working with directors he wants to work with. It's why he made another movie with David O'Russell. It's why he made 2 back to back projects with Terrence Malick. He's already reached the level of freedom he wanted thanks to TDKT and is content with the money he has. I posted this in another thread but it's appropriate to post here

Acting is about more than a paycheck to people like Christian Bale. This is not Will Smith we're talking about here. He had plenty of commercial offers when he was younger before he was ever Batman and never took them because he rather make movies he was interested in making. He signed on to Batman cause he was interested in working with Nolan and liked his vision.

He's an actors actor meaning that he makes movies he's passionate about and not necessarily because of their commercial appeal & the 0's they could add to his account. Similar to fellow Batman Michael Keaton who was offered $30 million back in 1994 (biggest paycheck offer at the time) by WB to reprise the role in Batman Forever and declined because it wasn't in line with his vision of what the character was.

In other words anything can happen but realistically I really don't see Bale as Batman again ever happening. Especially since from an artistic perspective it would completely render the narrative of his Batman movies pointless so it goes against his vision.
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's one of those roles that you feel a person was born to play. Any Batman from now on will be judged by Bale's Batman. If they can get him in the film, it would be GOAT, especially since Nolan is executive producing, I believe
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    I don't want him in it. Bales batman wasn't set in a superhero world it was set in the real world. Bale is a top tier actor but they need to go in a different type direction. Plus tdkr he got his ass handed to him by bane and was almost paralyzed how are they gonna explain the ass whooping superman is gonna a give him and still live

AGREED

but

$50 million and he actually has to think about this?!?!?! ? !!! I don't give a ? how much money you got, tell Jay-Z he can get $50 mil for a couple days work and watch him show up asap like "ok what ya'll want me to do".

also how the ? are we not talking about this tidbit:

Meanwhile, Breaking Bad star Bryan Cranston has teased fans with a suggestion that he might fancy a ? at playing Superman's arch-nemesis, Lex Luthor. Asked about whether he'd play the role, he told US news site Metro: “Give me a call.

siren.gifsiren.gifsiren.gif

BRYAN CRANSTON AS LEX LUTHOR?!

[img]http://www.troll.me/images/panic-face-king/holy-? .jpg[/img]
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This was an unfounded rumor that the blogs and ? ran with. It's already been debunked.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It had to be a fake rumour. If it was real the headline would read "Christian Bale signs on for Batman vs Superman for $50 Million"
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bale's Batman voice was wack ass ? ....they need a younger actor so the spinoff/reboot of Batman he'd already be established and are in the same universe
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Bale's Batman voice was wack ass ? ....they need a younger actor so the spinoff/reboot of Batman he'd already be established and are in the same universe

Why would they go for a younger actor when they want an older Batman for Man of Steel 2?
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they said that?....if so why the new superman dude is in his early 30s bale is pushing 40
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Batman and Supes need to be around the same age i aint really tryna see a washed up Bats in what could be the biggest superhero movie of all time im tryna see both dudes in they prime
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    so... ya'll really trying to see this slow ass batman fight superman?

720.gif
    tumblr_m10bcwTYbW1r9zk5ko1_400.gif
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bale was a good Bruce Wayne but his Batman voice was wack
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm hoping for Cranston as luthor though. Dude could probably just coast the rest of his career playing villains.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    I don't want him in it. Bales batman wasn't set in a superhero world it was set in the real world. Bale is a top tier actor but they need to go in a different type direction. Plus tdkr he got his ass handed to him by bane and was almost paralyzed how are they gonna explain the ass whooping superman is gonna a give him and still live

You hit the nail on the head.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bryan Cranston a bettere luthor than mark strong? Hell na.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Yeah as great as Cranston is he's showing his age. Seeing Tim Whatley reaching senior citizen status makes me question my own mortality lol where as Strong could still convincingly pull off the ideal age for a new movie Luthor (mid 40's at most) with ease and is just as great an actor as Cranston is.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman needs to be a more athletic guy. He needs to be a nice balance between spidey and cap. I vote chris pine. He is athletic. Could pull off Bruce. Would hold up next to Caville. If Bruce is 40 it needs to be someone that can move and act well. Wouldn mind Jude Law, bloom, pine, or someone who can moce
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They don't got the voice
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    its the suit that makes batman slow not the actor, doesnt matter who it is the results will pretty much be the same even in forever kilmer wasnt really fast . Unless u put im in a all spandex suit or use cgi batman will always come across stiff.

Now if youre talking action sequences/fight scenes as bruce wayne then u have a agrument to be made.