Rep your gym game! What's your stats like!

Options

Comments

• UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    5'9 play denial defense play hard pretty much all the time.. my teammates ? me off more than anything.. i have low patience..for lazyness.. jocking and what have you.. I got a mean floater.. my jumpshot it nice (its been better) not a dribbler.. But i hit mofos with wtf how you do that passes.. its just natural for me..I play bigger than my height and have a dwade like post game.. with low post hooks.. and my footwork is decent

i WILL COOK YOU PLAY

COOK YOU!!!!!!
  • UPTOWN
    Options
    6 1 but in the gym run the 4 or 5 cuz my post and rebound game is crazy ...I can slide down to the 3 cuz the jumper is wet.. Handles r meh so I don't run point ever... Btw I ll lock anybody up on D especially in the post

I WILL COOK YOU ZO
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I'm a short-ass Charles Barkley with a meaner defensive game.

5'8", a 24-inch vert, and can grab boards over guys 6"4. Plus I got a bit of a J.

I make my living in the the paint. No ? allowed in there.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In gyms, nobody can hoop. You have to go to play in open leagues or professional leagues to get any real competition. 8 out of 10 of them couldn't play JV and the good people take me 2 minutes top to rip apart their playing style. Either they can't shoot, they can't dribble with their off hand, they do the same move when going right and/or left, they can't deal with contact, they're out of shape etc.

To people in the gym, I'm a created player.. max everything lol. I average whatever the ? I want to average and/or whatever it takes to win.

P.S. I hate when short people think they should be PG just because they're short. Or just because you're over 6ft and you can jump, you should be in the post.
  • UPTOWN
    Options
    Im by far the best on this board ... i still hoop with college kids to this day. i never turn it up to my A game cause quite a few of them are on scholarship and i'd hate to be the guy who's foot they step on and roll their ankle or some ? . but i suprise my self being able to run with them cats sometimes. im no where near in shape as them so my basketball IQ is everything. i swear they all want me to guard them and vice versa because i give them different looks on O, play honest D, and make them think about what they are doing. they have to play smart with me so its a good mid tempo simulation of the real thing. my best attributes have always been my jumper first and foremost, my basketball iq, then defense 3rd.

id love to cook up some cats on here tho
  • UPTOWN
    Options
    In gyms, nobody can hoop. You have to go to play in open leagues or professional leagues to get any real competition. 8 out of 10 of them couldn't play JV and the good people take me 2 minutes top to rip apart their playing style. Either they can't shoot, they can't dribble with their off hand, they do the same move when going right and/or left, they can't deal with contact, they're out of shape etc.

To people in the gym, I'm a created player.. max everything lol. I average whatever the ? I want to average and/or whatever it takes to win.

P.S. I hate when short people think they should be PG just because they're short. Or just because you're over 6ft and you can jump, you should be in the post.

you just exposed youre soft ass game ... dont let me see you on any court yo

cook time!!!

• 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    I'm a short-ass Charles Barkley with a meaner defensive game.

5'8", a 24-inch vert, and can grab boards over guys 6"4. Plus I got a bit of a J.

I make my living in the the paint. No ? allowed in there.
    Soooooo does that mean you can throw down like the 5'9" Nate Robinson?

Proof?

• NothingButTheTruth
    edited August 2013
    Options

you just exposed youre soft ass game ... dont let me see you on any court yo

cook time!!!

Nah I'm a 6'2 combo guard in real play. Against bums aka people at the gym, I can play any position, but I refuse to play in the post because it's not realistic for the leagues I play in... and I have the best handles, jump shot, court vision etc.

Also, a real post game takes just as much time to develop as an mid-range game. Not to mention, playing in the post with damn near 7footers present is pretty useless unless you've really mastered it on some Kobe ? or you've got the fadeaway down pat.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Im by far the best on this board ... i still hoop with college kids to this day. i never turn it up to my A game cause quite a few of them are on scholarship and i'd hate to be the guy who's foot they step on and roll their ankle or some ? . but i suprise my self being able to run with them cats sometimes. im no where near in shape as them so my basketball IQ is everything. i swear they all want me to guard them and vice versa because i give them different looks on O, play honest D, and make them think about what they are doing. they have to play smart with me so its a good mid tempo simulation of the real thing. my best attributes have always been my jumper first and foremost, my basketball iq, then defense 3rd.

id love to cook up some cats on here tho

College kids? If they're not D1, they're wack. Some D2 dudes can hoop/score, but when you really break their game down, you quickly figure out why they didn't go D1. Most of them have huge holes in their games.

... And you can't be the best on this board, when you're out of shape and your defense is your 3rd best attribute. Full court pressure would wear you down in due time, and after that it's fast breaks and cherry picks all day. You can't play against real heads if you're out of shape. It just won't work.

Also, jump-shooters with no handles are easy to guard. That's some white boy ? . Yeah, they don't miss when they're open, but play them tight and they're useless.
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Sad to say I'm only 5'8, all my homies are 6'4 my tallest homie 6'8 can't play a lick of ball outside of 2k, what a waste of measurable I tell u smh.. I would say I play a Trevor aRiza type game... Hustle hard defensively likes to get steals and cause problems guarding bigger opponents who underestimate.. When my jumper is on I'll hit a few if I'm hot when I'm off I'm not putting ? up swinging it to the open guy, handles aren't my greatest but my passing is on.... Role player type guy can't front
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmfao @ hyping up your basketball IQ during a pick up game with strangers.

Please tell me you aren't that guy picking up trying to run zone and ? .

Btw whats a zone defense?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    During draft camp season a lot of prospects come work out at my gym so I got to hoop against top quality hoopers , some Bulls 3 rd stringer were in there last week
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ thinking all whiteboys play like they shoot from a rack with no other skillset ..this aint the 50's

and someone please live near connex and humble him , hes the lebron james of his mind
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my entrepreneur mind makes me wanna start an IC one on one tournament with refs , sponsors, travel coverage to get all of us to the host city, music in the back ground, tournament money for winning it all and all that ? . maybe even start a one on one league somehow. It can the one on one version of the And 1tour or some ? .
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    We all love basketball and hip hop and Ive seen crazier ideas get ? alotta bread.
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Lmfao...this guy Dr Jek is ? hilarious to me

huh? wtf is funny?
  • aka40Cal
    aka40Cal Members Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5'7". Depending on how my legs feel. I usually light it up once I hit a a couple jumpers. The ball feels more comfortable as I catch/handle it then pretty much almost everything is in. My handles are average, same with my Defense (depends on my legs though) Quickness and IQ are above average I would say. I shoot right handed, but I love going left. It throws off defenders so much because they usually just gimme the left lane all the time. It'd be dope to hoop with some of y'all on here though.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmfao...this guy Dr Jek is ? hilarious to me

he reminds me of that poster loveyall he was hilarious in the cheapseats
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5'10 my game is exactly like reggie miller/ray allen, I'm always running off the ball to get open and make sure whoever is guarding me will get burned out... i can slash when necessary (when the lane is there or if my jumper is off) my handles are avg, i might not be able to cross you up but i can beat you off the first step and you for damn sure wont rip me with ease... My D and Rebounding is beast its probly better than my offensive game, I'd like to think of myself as a Ron Artest mixed with a Dennis Rodman/Barkley
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got that work. Grew up watching Kobe so I emulated him. Mid range all day, post game/footwork ferocious. One dribble pull up two dribble pull up don't matter.
    3 is great whether on the move or spotting up.
    Handles are good but don't use them often. One move and I try to get to the cup
    Clamps when feeling motivated enough to play defense. Hustler no matter what tho.
    Play making ability seems to get better as I get older. pretty good rebounder for my size. Played in a league at school avg 21 4 and 5 and a steal.
    First game I dropped 30 6r 5a 1b 1s. Only detriment is that I could never jump. I'll give you mean finger roll right over the rim tho but I could rarely put it down especially not now but I'm about to get back in hoop shape.
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    6'3-6'4 passing around the court, rarely take shots unless they are wide open. More assists and blocks than shots
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    Fundies..

vqCOG.gif

fundies..a crutch for the talentless

Any time you in southern cali ? come see me and Ill slide you that ? work so you can tell the whole IC you lost to the talentless shooter wit the Tim Duncan fundamentals

let me get workout so i can reverse LHD..I was planning on going to cali in November
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Teflon Don you can play me 1 on 1 over @ Roosevelt. I shoot around and play 1 on 1 against people over there (across from Gladys and Benjamin Amos PCS).
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »
    Teflon Don you can play me 1 on 1 over @ Roosevelt. I shoot around and play 1 on 1 against people over there (across from Gladys and Benjamin Amos PCS).

come up to hamilton