FIRST EYE CONTACT WITH MY NEWBORN CHILD

Options
LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
LADIES!!!

Would you mind sharing with the IC your memories of this unique and magic moment of your life?

Comments

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Damn baby ? is pretty rank"
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "What the ? is happening right now?"

"Oh ? , I'm in charge.."

But seriously, seeing the face of the child you carried for 9 months and then just pushed out of your body is an indescribable feeling.

So many emotions.
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Immense relief at not being pregnant anymore. I really didn't get eye contact or skin to skin because the nurses took him straight away to measure and weigh and all that jazz. Then my family hijacked him for basically the rest of the day, so never really had that "first moment".
  • MistyKnight
    MistyKnight Members Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I first walked in I didn't have great expectations.
    I wasn't all that excited because I had a vision of this moment that seemed so far fetched.
    I walked past the other babies that were sleeping & others begging for attention.. & then I saw him.

Instantly I knew that he was my son, we bonded like no other bond I've ever experienced.

I picked him up from his bassinet & put him in the play pen.
    Immediately he became a firecracker & started running around in circles with this crazy unimaginable energy. At that moment he knew..... that he no longer had to be kept in that pet store any longer.

We spent the rest of the night cuddling in bed watching lifetime movies.

Today he is 3 years old & is healthy & happier than ever! He is truly mommy's little boy :D

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Immense relief at not being pregnant anymore. I really didn't get eye contact or skin to skin because the nurses took him straight away to measure and weigh and all that jazz. Then my family hijacked him for basically the rest of the day, so never really had that "first moment".

Damn Sometimes your family can be a burden...