Allen Iverson Set To Retire, What Will His Legacy Be To You?

Options

Comments

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    Meh, shot a lot to get a lot of points. Selfish player, did'nt make his team mates better and all that thug ? , did'nt give a ? about that either

c'mon son... what thug ? ? cornrows? lol...

c'mon son

e6Ysh.jpg

Is he rockin' a Kneesus piece?
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe now Jewelz will emerge....

For the year 2G the rap game change for one name/
    Jewelz aim to slain anything on this plain/
    Remains are found when the best kept and secret get heated/
    You went platinum wit a ghost writer, so in the game you won you cheated/
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow. Even blacks buy into the "thug" label. He didn't have the best attitude but thug is out of bounds IMO.

Relentless scorer...that pull up jumpshot with the slight fall away. I used to look at his number of attempts and be like WTF???

Took that team to the finals and spoiled the Lakers perfect playoff run with that Game 1 W.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    He was a great player who let his ego and immaturity be his ultimate downfall and the reason he never became as great as he could have been. As much as we saw from Iverson had he actually had the focus he could have been even better
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    Meh, shot a lot to get a lot of points. Selfish player, did'nt make his team mates better and all that thug ? , did'nt give a ? about that either

c'mon son... what thug ? ? cornrows? lol...

c'mon son

e6Ysh.jpg

Is he rockin' a Kneesus piece?

Nope.. Kneeus got him late in his career.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And lol @ AI being a thug. He was a regular black dude in the spotlight. Nothing less, nothing more.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I don't even know how NBA players do that ? .

They have a rigorous schedule where they're always traveling and hooping damn near every other day. Then in between games they have weight lifting, practices and before games they have shoot-arounds etc.

Their whole body has to be in some serious pain during and after all that ? .

Honestly if I was on some superstar ? where I carry the team every game, I would skip practice as well... or at the very most I would be on some nonchalant, going through the motions ? .
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    He influenced a generation of young black youths

Yep

Honestly if I was on some superstar ? where I carry the team every game, I would skip practice as well... or at the very most I would be on some nonchalant, going through the motions ? .

• ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cant wait to hear his hall of fame speech if he get there and im not talking about 1st ballot
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »
    Wow. Even blacks buy into the "thug" label. He didn't have the best attitude but thug is out of bounds IMO.

Exactly..smh
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He took ? ass Eric snow and Aaron Mackie to the nba finals

and ? questioned him about practice smh

Snow had it good ...don't forget bron took him to the finals too lol
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? in here down playin Ai street cred, dude was about to due some real time b/c he got caught with the burna and some weed.. That's Ti lvl credibility
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Almost forgot...

He was a top 3 stanned athlete in the 2000s.

Whole generation of lil bow wow and Romeo nikkas growing struggle-rows and sagging their bball shorts to be like him.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall act like ? called Ai a thug for no reason..

"At eight years of age, Iverson witnessed his first murder."

"Iverson allegedly struck a woman in the head with a chair. He, along with three of his friends who are also black, were the only people arrested. Iverson, who was 17 at the time, was convicted as an adult of the felony charge of maiming by mob, a rarely used Virginia statute that was designed to combat lynching."

"Iverson drew a 15-year prison sentence, with 10 years suspended."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_Iverson
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    one of da most electrifying players of all time when he got in a zone he was so fun to watch nd FOH wit dat selfish talk, yes he put up a lot of shots but still lead his team in assist every year 1st ballot HOF'er

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv8cR36Y73U

TOO many heads frontin on AI in here

Nobody frontin on Iverson ? just being honest about who he was/is. He could have been more had he not always been distracted by ? off the court and alot of his problems were his own doing
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    one of da most electrifying players of all time when he got in a zone he was so fun to watch nd FOH wit dat selfish talk, yes he put up a lot of shots but still lead his team in assist every year 1st ballot HOF'er

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv8cR36Y73U

TOO many heads frontin on AI in here

Nobody frontin on Iverson ? just being honest about who he was/is. He could have been more had he not always been distracted by ? off the court and alot of his problems were his own doing

i mean dats true bout off da court issues but on dat 1st page its a lot of frontin, (top 35 player of all time, only could score by gettin a lot of shots up) dude was dominant on da court we'll neva see another player like him even tho he wasnt 100% focused he still averaged 27ppg for his career, 3rd all-time da way his career ended still frustrates me
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Iverson was thuggish lol...but he wasn't no criminal or anything....

He had the only shoes that could rival Jordans at the time(atleast in my state)......if you ain't see a pair of Jordans you would see some Iversons....

My 2nd fav player of all time....
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lifetime Sixers fan. I loved his toughness,heart and killer instinct. I hated his defense and lack of an off season improvement of his skills.

I won't get into the off the court ? bcuz
    image.png

Erving,Chamberlain and Iverson are Philly's Mt. Rushmore.
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder how many people out there have an AI Grizzlies jersey...
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the great players of his generation. But his legacy will forever be personified by his "me first" attitude and the "practice?" rant.

It wasn't about YOU getting better, it was about the TEAM getting better. Perfect example of a player who just never got it.