Ladies, Why Does the Date Venue Matter?

Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2013 in The Powder Room
When I used to post in that alternative reality known as Lipstick Alley, a common topic that would come up is date venues. Of course those gold diggin, entitlement havin' hoes would be on some, "Oh-I-Can't-Take-A-? -Seriously-If-He-Takes-Me-To-McDonald's-Subway-Chipotle-Starbucks, etc. Of course, Rex being the rationale minded person that he is would counter, "Okay, if "x" dollar amount, has to be spent, then how much do I need to spend to secure some ass." Then there would either be no response or they would say, "It's not about dollar amount, blah, blah, blah. I would say it is about the dollars being spent because you've made up in your mind that a ? has meet a spending minimum to get you naked with my ? in your mouth.

So ladies, does the amount of money being spent and the venue matter. If a date is about "getting to know," somebody, what's the difference between going here:

Shake_Shack_Madison_Square.jpg

and spending $50 for two burgers, fries, two beers, as opposed to going here and spending $600 for the same thing?

4285700594_82b05699c3_z.jpg

Does going to Homestead Steaks facilitates getting to know a ? and brings himself closer to the ass? If not, then why not keep the spending to a minimum. After all, a man isn't also spending money, he's spending his time. Time is something he'll never get back and too often, women have no respect of a man's time.

Comments

• B.BeST
    B.BeST Members Posts: 379 ✭✭✭✭
    if u gives no ? and wanna be real wit yaself first and foremost take her to popeyes, that way she doesn't expect more in the future....
  • sweetheart93
    sweetheart93 Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013

So ladies, does the amount of money being spent and the venue matter. If a date is about "getting to know," somebody,

The amount of money doesn't matter because I don't let dudes pay for anything for me. But the venue does matter. I am not going to McDonald's for a date. lmfao
  • B.BeST
    B.BeST Members Posts: 379 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    @sweetheart93

would u go to popeyes and pop popcorn over a ten piece mixed with biscuits and red rice ?
  • sweetheart93
    B.BeST wrote: »
    @sweetheart93

would u go to popeyes and pop popcorn over a ten piece mixed with biscuits and red rice ?

No. I would go to Starbucks tho.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited August 2013
    I wouldn't even show up if a guy wanted to take me to McDonald's or Subway for a date

W

T

F

?
    ?
    ?

Starbucks yes.... but generally the atmosphere is important and Fast Food joints aren't what's poppin .
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Fast food joints are not good places to pitch woo. Most of the McDonalds here are places the homeless hang out, that's not exactly romantic....

I like coffee or drinks as a first date anyway. It's usually cheap and if you're not digging each other, you guys don't have to hangout for very long....
  • Maximus Rex
    The amount of money doesn't matter because I don't let dudes pay for anything for me. But the venue does matter. I am not going to McDonald's for a date. lmfao
    MsSouthern wrote: »
    Starbucks yes.... but generally the atmosphere is important and Fast Food joints aren't what's poppin .

Why? How does it help get a ? in those draws faster? You are aware that when you volunteer to go anywhere with a man it constitutes a "date."
  • sweetheart93
    Why? How does it help get a ? in those draws faster? You are aware that when you volunteer to go anywhere with a man it constitutes a "date."

lol nothing will help him "get the draws faster". I just don't think McDonald's or anything similar is a good idea for a date.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    taeboo wrote: »
    Fast food joints are not good places to pitch woo. Most of the McDonalds here are places the homeless hang out, that's not exactly romantic....

I like coffee or drinks as a first date anyway. It's usually cheap and if you're not digging each other, you guys don't have to hangout for very long....

How come you never see homeless people @ Wendy's, but Mickey D's and BK keep em out there.

And why this morning 2 people ask me for a cigarette 20 steps from each other, do I look like I smoke :-??
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator

McD's is for homeless folks, old folks who like their breakfast and kids

Not for dates... it's not that hard to understand Rex lol

• hoodsavior
    hoodsavior Members Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean if you just takin a woman out to eat I can see why.. I don't think a woman minds where yall eat at and how much it cost if you have things planned.. eating should be a part of the date not the whole date.. ? if yall just gonna stare at each other I can't blame a girl for the venue.. that's just me tho
  • Maximus Rex
    it's not that hard to understand Rex lol

Actually, I don't. What difference does it where the food is being consumed at. For example, ? don't care where he's getting some ? at. A ? will ? in an alley, bathroom, a parking lot or here:

8037998227_9b1ea0f7a7_z.jpg

? naked in the mist of all of those people (with no ? given,) but chicks have made it up in their minds that dates have to meet this specific, yet undefined criteria. The ? is baffling to me.

• SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    i like good food* so i'm not gonna go out of my way to eat ? fast food on a date in order to prove a point. in other words i don't share this struggle.

*except for when i get the white castle crave but in those situations i can't be near women for 24 hours afterwards anyway.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? take you were they see fit. A ? take you to a ? place he probably see you as a ? ? he just wanna ? . That's just regular ? , ? with money now they're something else.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets me know what he's after, and if he's trying to get to know me or just taking me on the prerequisite prefuck dates..I.e. movies.
  • Markus Garvey
    Markus Garvey Members Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Im a steak and lobster guy at eh Golden Corral.
  • Maximus Rex
    Lets me know what he's after, and if he's trying to get to know me or just taking me on the prerequisite prefuck dates..I.e. movies.

They're all "prerequisite prefuck dates," Katie. For some reason, chicks are under the delusion just because venue has wait staff, table cloths, cloth napkins, they start you off with bread, the food is serve in courses, and the place has a wine list this magically changes the man's intent.

• Markus Garvey
    The gym is my venue. There is no pretentious dinner. I can sniff out the chemistry and tension in the gym easily. We cool then we exercising together and I help you with your reps if we not then I go back to my gym work.
  • Bussy_Getta

They're all "prerequisite prefuck dates," Katie. For some reason, chicks are under the delusion just because venue has wait staff, table cloths, cloth napkins, they start you off with bread, the food is serve in courses, and the place has a wine list this magically changes the man's intent.

So you droppin $200 on a first date for a bussdown?
  • Maximus Rex

HELL-TO-NAW! Rex adheres Leykis 101. Rex would pay for the ? outright before droppin' 2 bills on meal and dranks in hopes of eventually securing the ass.
  • Markus Garvey

No Rex's logic is he would drop $200 for a bussdown to leave. Call it Charlie Sheening.

• Bussy_Getta

No Rex's logic is he would drop $200 for a bussdown to leave. Call it Charlie Sheening.

IC tip #759573 Don't listen nor agree with Rex.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah not really, that could just mean dude has more expendable cashflow.

My first date with the ex was at this park in Houston..we spent most the time sitting in the car talking. Free date, but I could see he was trying to get to know me.
  • Maximus Rex

My first date with the ex was at this park in Houston..we spent most the time sitting in the car talking. Free date, but I could see he was trying to get to know me.

Did you let him finger pop you?
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you let him finger pop you?

she let him ?