So Ben Affleck is going to play Batman

Options
Ghostdenithegawd
Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So is he directing the project because it's reported that he does act in ? he doesn't direct.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So is he directing the project because it's reported that he does act in ? he doesn't direct.
    nah it's still snyder
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    what???????? are we ? kidding?????? ben ? affleck?????? no. I refuse to believe these shenanigans. I will walk to Warner bros studios and ? slap all the executives and then kick the man in the nuts who okayed this ? !!!!!! I'm changing my screen name to BURN IN HELL, BEN AFFLECK!!!!!!!
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    He's about to prove you all wrong just like Ledger did. I just wish he was directing too. Either way it's good to see an American comic book nerd as Batman. It's like the antithesis of Bale. I could buy Affleck as the James Bond style Batman from the comics.
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    uhhhhhh I dunno how to feel about this...He was awful in Daredevil...well actually the whole movie was just pure trash so I can't say he was that bad...but....no....NO!
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    so I guess Bale turned down the 50 mill. lmao
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did these people see daredevil???

Ben Affleck is a good actor but as a superhero that ? is
    garbage-truck2.jpg
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tumblr_lnmaay6U7w1qzdjs5.gif

Comic book nerds ain't gon be happy about this one

Why should a ? be upset, he's a dope award winning actor who brings likd Broddie says brings a much needed frame of reference to the character. Also, early in bis career Affleck did those Kevin Smith movies which always fanboy inside jokes in. I just them. I just Affleck doesn't have a wacky Batman voice and he wears suit that's closer to the traditional or Arkham suit and he has a ulitity belt that's looks as if it serves as practical purpose as opposed to looking likd it's just there for decoration.

• Broddie
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Yeah that's another thing. One of his best friends in the movie business is also one of the biggest Batman nerds on the net. The Fatman on Batman podcast voice. This guy grew up reading comic books something West, Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney and Bale didn't really do. I don't know call me crazy but I have faith. Daredevil was bad because of the writer/director.

christian-bale-critics-choice-10-01-2013-9.jpg

If they announced Jon Hamm as Lex Luthor (he's worked with both Snyder and Affleck) this movie will be good money. This is the type of casting they needed to do in order for this Batman to stand out on his own coming so soon after TDKT.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tumblr_lnmaay6U7w1qzdjs5.gif

Comic book nerds ain't gon be happy about this one

Why should a ? be upset, he's a dope award winning actor who brings likd Broddie says brings a much needed frame of reference to the character. Also, early in bis career Affleck did those Kevin Smith movies which always fanboy inside jokes in. I just them. I just Affleck doesn't have a wacky Batman voice and he wears suit that's closer to the traditional or Arkham suit and he has a ulitity belt that's looks as if it serves as practical purpose as opposed to looking likd it's just there for decoration.

You may not, but others will

Me personally, I'll reserve judgment til I see him
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    He's about to prove you all wrong just like Ledger did. I just wish he was directing too. Either way it's good to see an American comic book nerd as Batman. It's like the antithesis of Bale. I could buy Affleck as the James Bond style Batman from the comics.

Cosign and Nosign, he will bring more depth and personality to Batman, I can honestly see him fitting the role but hell na, he shouldn't be directing it. I think him and Zack will work perfectly, as DC nerd, I'm content.
  • Broddie
    edited August 2013
    Options

Cosign and Nosign, he will bring more depth and personality to Batman, I can honestly see him fitting the role but hell na, he shouldn't be directing it. I think him and Zack will work perfectly, as DC nerd, I'm content.

I like Snyder unlike most people (thought MOS was just ok at best though) but Affleck is a way better director than him. The performances in his movies have real conviction and genuinely bring the scripts to life. I mean the guy got a solid performance from Blake Lively of all people. Blake Lively!!!

Ben%20Affleck%20and%20George%20Clooney-AES-092306.jpg

If you see Argo you'd know he actually earned that oscar unlike the first one he won (co-writing Good Will Hunting). He's a much more complete filmmaker than Snyder at this point. Not only can he craft compelling action like in Argo and The Town but he gets great performances out of his entire cast something Snyder just can't seem to do.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If they announced Jon Hamm as Lex Luthor (he's worked with both Snyder and Affleck) this movie will be good money. This is the type of casting they needed to do in order for this Batman to stand out on his own coming so soon after TDKT.

didnt even think of this. Jon Hamm as lex luthor was an early pick of mine but i didnt think it would get anywhere after the heisenberg rumors.
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    Trying to imagine him with Bruce voice, nh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW0Rv2H1Pug
  • Sour-Cream
    Options

I like Snyder unlike most people (thought MOS was just ok at best though) but Affleck is a way better director than him. The performances in his movies have real conviction and genuinely bring the scripts to life. I mean the guy got a solid performance from Blake Lively of all people. Blake Lively!!!

Ben%20Affleck%20and%20George%20Clooney-AES-092306.jpg

If you see Argo you'd know he actually earned that oscar unlike the first one he won (co-writing Good Will Hunting). He's a much more complete filmmaker than Snyder at this point. Not only can he craft compelling action like in Argo and The Town but he gets great performances out of his entire cast something Snyder just can't seem to do.

Yea, you got me sold. Good Will Hunting is my favorite movie. I think he will have some input in the new MOS as well as justice league. He usually improvises his scripts as well to fit as much into character and a lot of actors don't do that.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Affleck great filmaker overrated actor.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just when they started getting Superman on the upswing they gonna do this. Smh. Just gotta hope he's more argo and the town like as opposed to daredevil and gigli. I was hoping for Eric bana. Oh well.