So Ben Affleck is going to play Batman

Comments

• Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watch that ? over.
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Michelle Pfeifer >> Anne Hathaway,

Speaking of which, I'm watching MOS and real talk, it's better than TDK trilogy. Trust me.

Not better than The Dark Knight. But better than Batman Begins and WAYYYYY better than Rises.
  • Sour-Cream
    The thing that killed TDKR was how bane got killed off by a shot to the chest, how they didn't do much with Talia Al Ghul's character nor was she even a fighter being that she's an assassin and that awfully slow drawn out fight against bane. They made that ? so weak. Oh and JGL was not robin, he was just batmans replacement during his temporary retirement. The reason why his middle name was robin was because they were paying homage to the character. His full name is a combo of all 3 robins purposely. That kid that was talking to him and making bat symbols on the bench in the shelter could have easily been ? Grayson.
  • Sour-Cream
    texas409 wrote: »
    Batman Forever was better than Batman Returns.yea i said it

Val kilmer did his thing Riddler was a good villain and Robin was played well.

? please.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013

Speaking of which, I'm watching MOS and real talk, it's better than TDK trilogy. Trust me.

Not better than The Dark Knight. But better than Batman Begins and WAYYYYY better than Rises.

It's definitely not on the level of The Dark Knight. I think it's about on par with Batman Begins with BB being slightly better for several reasons but BB and MOS also share a lot of the same flaws. I do think MOS is definitely more entertaining and sensible than boring ass TDKR and I'm not even much of a fan of MOS.

• Broddie
    edited August 2013
    The thing that killed TDKR was how bane got killed off by a shot to the chest, how they didn't do much with Talia Al Ghul's character nor was she even a fighter being that she's an assassin and that awfully slow drawn out fight against bane. They made that ? so weak. Oh and JGL was not robin, he was just batmans replacement during his temporary retirement. The reason why his middle name was robin was because they were paying homage to the character. His full name is a combo of all 3 robins purposely. That kid that was talking to him and making bat symbols on the bench in the shelter could have easily been ? Grayson.

Not to mention that it pretty much spit in the face of the character development Bruce went through in the first 2 movies completely. By regressing him from a driven beacon of justice who can "handle" anything the GCPD throws at him. Meaning they can't stop him from doing the right thing and being a symbol of hope especially in light of Harvey and Rachel's sacrifices. Into an old hermit who doesn't give a ? about anything at all and needs Bane to come to Gotham to rejuvenate his sense of justice. SMH what would Rachel think Bruce?

? that movie was such a disappointment. Haven't watched it since it was in the cinema and I actually own the ? thing. But then again I own pretty much every Batman movie. I'm that much of a fan.
  • Broddie

Co-sign this though.
  • Sour-Cream
    I'm not even a superman movie but this ? is epic imo, I liked it better than Richard Donners. The music, the fight scenes, Henry Cavill and Michael Shannon killed it. Russell Crowe was smooth and when supes snapped his neck was the GOAT ending. I didn't realize how good it was till I downloaded it again.
  • Sour-Cream
  • Sour-Cream
    Cavill >>>>>> Reeves
  • Broddie
    edited August 2013
    I am a Superman fan and a fan who's wanted to see Cavill in the role since the early 2000's at that and that's what disappointed me even more. I still feel over 30 years later nobody has topped Donner's movie yet. Not that it's impossible and I do expect to see it happen one day but this wasn't the one. Decent movie in it's own right though if you accept it for what it is.
  • Sour-Cream
  • Broddie
    If you can't tell the difference between somebody calling something decent and them claiming that they love something then you probably need to go back to school.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? sit yo ? ass down ....u always sqwak like a hurt bird
  • Broddie
    Only one that seems to be catching feelings in here is you. Probably as red in the face as that ape in your avi.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    I assume most people were fairly young here when 'forever' came out,if you saw it when it was released then it was a cool summer film,im sure as kids there wasn't many who was sitting discussing the logic behind a batmobile driving up the wall.and after the pretty traumatizing 'returns' (? you I got a fear of penguins) the lighter tone was appreciated.it was going to happen at some point.

but as an adult,yeah it hasn't aged well.they should have just concentrated on the riddler,personally I've never found two face that interesting a villain.

Im glad im not the only one who sees TDKR for what it is,you go the entire film thinking bane is a boss just like the comics and in the end he's just some lovesick chump for hire.personally I think they should have got rid of the entire full circle approach,carried on the story not far on the from the last one and have bane come in at the start and destroy the bat right away then proceed the story.? should have been so much better than it was.as great as TDK is,the amount of dickriders that film has created is unprecedented.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont even really remember forever, all i remember is
    tommy lee performance was terrible because i was used to the tas batman two face
    and i didnt really like the riddler because i was/am a huge jim carrey fan and it was disappointing
    and colors lots of neon colors
  • lazypakman
    Carried on with

''its the car...chicks dig the car"

oh batman,you devil.

btw one of bales first lines as the actual batman......"nice coat"

what dialogue.
  • lazypakman
    Carried on with

''its the car...chicks dig the car"

oh batman,you devil.

btw one of bales first lines as the actual batman......"nice coat"

what dialogue.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah?

When TDKR dropped there was massive stanning of that film by posters here in the thread created for it. I was one of the lone voices who didn't get the hype and thought the film was meh and I got attacked for it

I thought the film was average for a highly anticipated film of a trilogy (Hollywood messes up trilogies anyway) and the story/screenplay muddled; maybe it had to do with the editing

And the way Bane the supposed 'badass' villain got murked in the film was a letdown to say the least

Chris Nolan I think is a filmmaker whose brilliance shows in small films (Memento, Insomnia) ..
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Theodis wrote: »
    GIGLI WASN'T TEN YEARS AGO THO....

OOOOOH...? BUURRRRNNNN!!!

Gigli Release date(s)
    August 1, 2003

Today is August 25 2013

thats 10 years
    Theodis wrote: »
    GIGLI WASN'T TEN YEARS AGO THO....

OOOOOH...? BUURRRRNNNN!!!

Gigli Release date(s)
    August 1, 2003

Today is August 25 2013

thats 10 years
    Broddie wrote: »
    the ending to Watchman the movie was vastly superior to the ending in the comic. I'm sorry, despite the epicness and greatness that was the [i[Watchman[/i] that giant squid ? killing off half the population of Manhattan was some wacky ? .

Totally disagree.
    The problem is that instead of getting an adaption that comes up with an original story that maintains the core elements of characters and story arcs that inspired the movies, what we often get is ? up off bastardization that leaves John Doe Fanboy with the feeling that the executive producer, screenwriter, and director used the concepts in the comic as a vehicle for the ? that he couldn't get green lit on his on. Kevin Smith goes into detail about that very subject on the following clip.[/b]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgYhLIThTvk

Here's the thing though the movie was based around the death and return of Superman. It had Superman dying and it had him coming back wearing a suit that recharges his abilities just like in the comics. Everything else is semantics but the basis is still there. What difference will including a giant spider really make? how is that more offensive than Superman fighting a giant ape in the comic books?
    I ain't a huge Superman fan at all but a Superman movie where he doesn't fly? Also goin by that Kevin Smith story that producer really knew nothing about the actual story. How you producing a Superman film and you don't know where he's from?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nolan wanted wes Bentley ( who he recommended) not afleck