Confronting black social issues through comic strips.....hilarious stuff

Options

Comments

• High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also if you want people to change, empower them. Claude Anderson already broke this ? down.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A whole year's supply of ether in this thread.

This must spread. The people need to see these.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    get_out_2_by_alexlartwork22-d58694h.jpg

thug_immunity_by_alexlartwork22-d5869pw.jpg

kids_selfesteem_1_by_alexlartwork22-d5hx4n8.jpg

i have another bone 2 pick about this smh.... so how is madea negitive? she does perpetuate "being real" but she speaks the truth somtimes ( ironically about whats wrong with the black community)

how is trayvon negitive? if anything that shows a young black kids that no matter what u do you still a target...

precious (never seen the movie) but im sure in the end she gained self esteem from the abuse she was subjected 2.

50 cent aint been on ? since 08...

and maury has jus as many white on the show as blacks... and whites love his show 2..
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some people understand change must be made, some still needs to be awaken. I love the strips.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Don Lemons mustve helped Illustrate these

lol

same thing i was thinking

smh

• Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    thugzilla_1_by_alexlartwork22-d5pjxj8.jpg

That thugzilla reminds me of many rappers of the 90s and early 00s. Screaming that they gangsta and killing other black folk over petty ? .

The truth. Many of them ? are motivated by ? more than anything, even more than their own kids. Some will ? over their own life just for some sex.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    This dude been doing these drawings for years now. They usually involve something about blaming a black woman for whatever is wrong

and here is where you have to look closely. when i look at these cartoons, i understand the concepts. if you truly understand the concepts you would know that its not black womens fault.

i can understand how ppl would THINK that this is blaming black women. but what you fail to realize is that the woman is key to any cultures upliftment or demise. solve the problems of your women and your whole nation will rise

right now, our biggest problems in our community involve the miseducation of our woman ... THE FIRST TEACHER OF OUR CHILDREN.

so when you take on this "they are just bashing black women" attitude, it shows you have an incorrect perspective on social and economic issues in society.

black women are not the blame for our problems, and black men are not responsible for single handedly fixing them. we are in this together so there has to be balance and accountability on both sides.

good post...i couldn't agree more. according to us census bureau 2010 while only 19.7% of single black men live in poverty more than a third of all black female led households live 100% below the poverty threshold. and more than half of the black children living in those black female households are living 100% below the poverty threshold. impoverished children are more likely to suffer a lifetime of consequences, ranging from diminished academic standing to increased financial insecurity to teen pregnancy

with that said, instead of directing your post at blackrain you should be checking those among us who have let the stereotypes of black women cloud their judgement. sadly more and more BLACK MEN are joining the chorus of (WHITE)people that blame single mothers, feminism, and blk women for the woes within black America-on the IC it happens daily

we can't begin to uplift anyone by demonizing them or and hoping that the rise in single motherhood reverses, instead we need to focus on how to support their families

but all everyone wants to talk about when it comes to black mothers is "she's a leech", "she stupid", "she's a welfare queen", "she's having kids for the benefits" etc instead of addressing the main culprit POVERTY

for instance, we are the only country in the top fifteen most competitive ones that doesn’t mandate paid sick leave/parental leave. chronic health problems experienced by mothers or their children are one of the main reasons they lose their jobs when moving off of welfare. not to mention, the burden of finding great yet affordable childcare. while working parents in america struggle to find and afford private child care of even mediocre quality, parents in most european countries easily find publicly funded programs offering good-to-excellent care

promoting marriage and strong family values is great, but that's only one approach. what about reducing poverty? and, more specifically, reducing the likelihood of poverty in single parent families

how about advising successful black men to mentor black children especially black girls....how about not chastising the black men who are interesting in dating single mothers...
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i have another bone 2 pick about this smh.... so how is madea negitive? she does perpetuate "being real" but she speaks the truth somtimes ( ironically about whats wrong with the black community)

how is trayvon negitive? if anything that shows a young black kids that no matter what u do you still a target...

precious (never seen the movie) but im sure in the end she gained self esteem from the abuse she was subjected 2.

and maury has jus as many white on the show as blacks... and whites love his show 2..

Main issue is that its a man in a dress. The character itself is the Stereotypical loud, church going, fat black woman. Aint nothing positive about that ?
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »

Main issue is that its a man in a dress. The character itself is the Stereotypical loud, church going, fat black woman. Aint nothing positive about that ?

she has good points tho... the message is there... look past stereotypical ? ..
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    @Ioniz3dSPIRITZ

I understand your frustration, but you and the brother do not have the ability to teach correctly. You do not know how to formulize a corrective strategy into teaching the populace of their lack of knowledge and unethical views. This is no diss nor trying to discredit you, but when you teach a people, you have to tug at their soul with some harsh truth, but you have to immediately build them up. Tough love doesn't teach nor pierce. If you can't show them the power that is inside them, you will lose them. This is why the bible dominates, because it tells they are immediately sinners, but Jesus died for you and if you believe in him your soul will be saved and do good works and the whole nine. That's how religion handles it, but if true spirituality cannot be expressed the same to grab them and bring them in the whole nine, than you just talking to thin air.

Good luck to you brotha and I'm sure you will catch them.

I appreciate your honesty in this. While I mostly agree that we should encourage just as much as we criticize, the harsh realities of our dilemma must be presented to our people as shockingly possible. The truth must be presented in such a way that the people will change out of sheer guilt/shame. The problem with immediately "building" up people after you hold up that mirror is that they tend to forget the severity of their condition. And all too many times the "building" process involves anything but taking accountability for their own condition. It pains me to say, but why do you think Tommy Sotomayor has been so successful in his YT videos. It's because he presents that mirror in such a tasteless and harsh way that his points become mostly irrefutable.
    And I think our people already know what must be done. Solutions have been thrown around for decades and little has changed. The only logical explanation for this is that people tend to lose focus on their own plight, meanwhile the community gets worse and worse. I know plenty of brothers (and sisters) who've gotten off the beaten track only to wind up back up on it. If you aren't constantly reminded that you have a problem you'll soon forget you have one. Especially in a society and culture that encourages self destruction and general apathy.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Options
    Cain1 wrote: »
    ? on the Black woman and make comic strip for laughs...........................naw ? I'm not laughing at this ? ?

? yourself

Came in here to say this.

? on black women? You obviously haven't taken a good look at some of his other pieces. Besides, if it doesn't apply to you then theres no reason to be offended.

If something offends me I have the right to be offended.....

He's ? all over Black people in general and it's just tasteless as ? .

He's ? all over Black people, how? Interesting you don't share that same sentiment towards people like Lil Wayne or Nicki Minaj.
    You live in Detroit (as I did at one point) and I'm sure you see real life re-enactments of his comics on a day to day basis.
  • Ghost Leopard
    Ghost Leopard Members Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also if you want people to change, empower them. Claude Anderson already broke this ? down.

You cannot empower people. I learned that years ago. You can only show them the door as morpheus said, but they have to choose to walk in.

You also cannot be so arrogant as to believe you can enlighten people, enlightenment is a self journey the best you can hope to do is to part the shadows in the path.
    I understand the artist's intent but he is merely preaching to the choir and venting his own frustrations.
    Not that what he is saying needs to be any particular degree of subtly because political comics are often brash and over the top, but ? will do what ? will do. Period.

• Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? on the Black woman and make comic strip for laughs...........................naw ? I'm not laughing at this ? ?

? yourself

? on black women? You obviously haven't taken a good look at some of his other pieces. Besides, if it doesn't apply to you then theres no reason to be offended.

He's ? all over Black people, how? Interesting you don't share that same sentiment towards people like Lil Wayne or Nicki Minaj.
    You live in Detroit (as I did at one point) and I'm sure you see real life re-enactments of his comics on a day to day basis.
    I live in Los Angeles shawty.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Options

? yourself

I live in Los Angeles shawty.

I thought you were that skinny Somalian chick on here until i looked at the username. But how is he ? on black women pico?
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you really engaging that airhead in a discourse of this magnitude?
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Options

I think she's smarter than she presents herself. She's just too lazy to put forth a coherent argument.
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think she's smarter than she presents herself. She's just too lazy to put forth a coherent argument.

That'll be a first
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »
    I swear everything criticism is bad thing for most people.

You see why we're all are ? .

Because criticizing means hating, bitter and not getting ? .

SMH.

It's how you deliver a message and how you use which tone at the right moment. This is science.

Delivery shouldn't matter much as long as it is true.

Most humans react weird at times, A-Jack but whatever
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lurker6 wrote: »
    dwade206 wrote: »
    Lurker6 wrote: »
    promoting food thats killing the black community smh

...yes, because greasy ass MSG infested Chinese food has been such a beneficial factor to the Black community; smh
    @dwade206
    Not all Chinese food is greasy, so u could just order something else thats lighter. And if u order the greasy stuff, it doesnt even really matter that much cuz ur just gunna ? it out in 30 min.

Order something "lighter"? Yeah like what? Tasteless steamed vegetables and cashews? The take out spots that do exist, are doing a disservice to the community
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Right!

http://youtu.be/CCQ9gh8EcY8
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

SMH.

It's how you deliver a message and how you use which tone at the right moment. This is science.

Have you talked in front of a crowd before? Delivery does make a difference, hence why Tupac is considered a top 5 rapper when his lyrics were average at best.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

SMH.

Delivery matters alot that's why some people are good at manipulation and others aren't
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Waaaaaahhhh this hurts

Deliver it better
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

SMH.

Have you talked in front of a crowd before? Delivery does make a difference, hence why Tupac is considered a top 5 rapper when his lyrics were average at best.

I never delivery doesn't matter.

I said it should matter when it comes to truth and facts.

Like someone can tell you a lie by delivering it nicely.

Wack.
  • Ghost Leopard
    Ghost Leopard Members Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you took the message of these comics and preach it on a sunday you'd fill your offering plate.
    Most black people admit that we ? up. Older generations are open to new tactics as well.
    But ? be convicted on sunday backslide by tuesday.