Take a Look at Xbox One's Controller Improvements

Options
joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Feels good, man.

IGN has spent considerable time with the Xbox One controller. We love the way it feels, the way it functions with racing games and shooters, can't wait to use it for PC gaming, and appreciate its numerous improvements over Xbox 360's game pad. Microsoft says there are "more than 40 enhancements," which you can see explained in the infographic below.

INFOGRAPHIC-xbox-controller.png

Comments

• RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Best controller of all time
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just happy they fixed the D-Pad finally
    Was just about to day this
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Best controller of all time

Lmao Yeah? lol
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    looks nice but I'm interested in the ps4 controller....1 of the main reasons i want 1....lol
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seeeeeeeeeeeega
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Def best controller on the market.
  • WiseGuyy
    WiseGuyy Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Playstation Controllers Suck, Idk how y'all can play games with the Sticks that close to each other nh. That was my reason for selling the ps3, I couldn't get used to it.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bought the cross battle adapter for my ps3 never really used that flimsy ass controller
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOOOOLOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOLLLLLL-sion
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DS4 is better and that is not up for debate. Even the media says it's better and an improvement over the old design. Xbox controller was only good for shooters and that did pad is still garbage. That shape and face buttons are still wack.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MrWise wrote: »
    Playstation Controllers Suck, Idk how y'all can play games with the Sticks that close to each other nh. That was my reason for selling the ps3, I couldn't get used to it.

Ask the 80 plus million people who liked it.
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    are you guys serious tho? they FINALLY fixing the analogs on the playtion after 3 iterations and now yall think its goat? FOH .. ps4 controller does looks good tho lol
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Cant wait to use it on my future ps4...
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    are you guys serious tho? they FINALLY fixing the analogs on the playtion after 3 iterations and now yall think its goat? FOH .. ps4 controller does looks good tho lol

They did more than that. They fixed the analogs and R2/L2 buttons, improved the build, rumble function, and shape of the controller and added a share button and a headset port. On top of that they gave it extra functionality that can enhance gameplay. The touchpad, speaker, and light bar have all been stated to be things that will likely be used in clever ways in games.

• kanggoodie
    Options

They did more than that. They fixed the analogs and R2/L2 buttons, improved the build, rumble function, and shape of the controller and added a share button and a headset port. On top of that they gave it extra functionality that can enhance gameplay. The touchpad, speaker, and light bar have all been stated to be things that will likely be used in clever ways in games.

that wasnt what i was getting at.. i get that they changed alot of things... that should have been changed on the ps3 controller....
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

that wasnt what i was getting at.. i get that they changed alot of things... that should have been changed on the ps3 controller....

That doesn't make sense. There were no complaints with the PS2 controller. Shoulder triggers weren't available on them so they could not have been improved when they came on the PS3. They were regular buttons. Complaints started after people started comparing it to the 360's, they were already produced at that time.
  • kanggoodie
    Options
    dude i had a ps2 myself, so i know for sure ? been complaining about how close them sticks been together for years
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The XBOX One controller is literally perfect tho. There is not one single thing that can be said negatively about it. That's just what that is. The PS4 controller made a lot of needed improvements, but the analogs are still too close and that will continue to be a negative against it yet again this gen. Not to mention a big, pointless, always on blue light that will continuously glow for no reason because no one has or will ever own a PS Eye.

Can't wait to test out the trigger rumble on the XBOX One.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    The XBOX One controller is literally perfect tho. There is not one single thing that can be said negatively about it. That's just what that is. The PS4 controller made a lot of needed improvements, but the analogs are still too close and that will continue to be a negative against it yet again this gen. Not to mention a big, pointless, always on blue light that will continuously glow for no reason because no one has or will ever own a PS Eye.

Can't wait to test out the trigger rumble on the XBOX One.

Was the rumor that the XB1 takes external batteries true? Because if so, that's a negative in my opinion. Also, I and the people I play with have never had a problem with the proximity of the analog sticks, so I don't think that's some general problem that everyone finds fault with. As for the light bar, I fail to see how that is a negative. If it's never used, so what. It's just a useless like, no harm no foul. Past that, people will buy the PS Eye. No it won't be some kind of big seller, but if no one else, people who want a PS4 themselves, but also want something for their kids will buy it. That is assuming it gets any kind of decent support.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »

That doesn't make sense. There were no complaints with the PS2 controller. Shoulder triggers weren't available on them so they could not have been improved when they came on the PS3. They were regular buttons. Complaints started after people started comparing it to the 360's, they were already produced at that time.

That's a lie. C'mon bro I remember you posting in here along with your brother (RIP) back when PS2/XBOX/GC were the current consoles. You gonna tell me you never saw how many times some people especially Big C used to rip on the PS2 controller not having a stick in the primary spot like the GC pad and the type S controller?

Me myself I've been spoiled since the Dreamcast with an analog stick in the primary spot and never really looked back. Having a D-pad there just seems ancient and unintuitive and it's been my only gripe with playing on Playstation after the year 2000. With that said I'm looking forward to seeing what the DS4 is like outside of that and this Xbox controller sounds pretty dope too.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    joshuaboy wrote: »

That's a lie. C'mon bro I remember you posting in here along with your brother (RIP) back when PS2/XBOX/GC were the current consoles. You gonna tell me you never saw how many times some people especially Big C used to rip on the PS2 controller not having a stick in the primary spot like the GC pad and the type S controller?

Me myself I've been spoiled since the Dreamcast with an analog stick in the primary spot and never really looked back. Having a D-pad there just seems ancient and unintuitive and it's been my only gripe with playing on Playstation after the year 2000. With that said I'm looking forward to seeing what the DS4 is like outside of that and this Xbox controller sounds pretty dope too.

In all fairness, complaining that something isn't a carbon copy of something else isn't a legit complaint.