Options
13»

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Gonna have to use it to be able to accurately say. The D-Pad on the 360 was unbearable. It was garbage. Only thing I'll give XBox over PS is that they actually build their controllers to last. I can't begin to tell you how many PS3 controllers I've gone thru SMMFH. They're not cheap either, they run for bout $70 SMMFH. The PS2 controllers and the SNES controller were the best built controllers of all time.

Xbox is taking a step in the right direction tho. Thank ? they removed the battery pack and spread the analogs out a bit SMMFH the 360 joints seemed so squished together, if you have big hands ? was a nightmare.

cs I broke a sixaxis and a dualshock from dropping them too much,

I would still rather have the dualshock 1,2,3 original design over the 360/XB1 and PS4 controllers

I dont like the dpad on either of the new controllers playstation had it right before

ROFLMAO @ ? using batteries still
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Karl. wrote: »
    The XBOX One controller is literally perfect tho. There is not one single thing that can be said negatively about it. That's just what that is. The PS4 controller made a lot of needed improvements, but the analogs are still too close and that will continue to be a negative against it yet again this gen. Not to mention a big, pointless, always on blue light that will continuously glow for no reason because no one has or will ever own a PS Eye.

Can't wait to test out the trigger rumble on the XBOX One.

Was the rumor that the XB1 takes external batteries true? Because if so, that's a negative in my opinion.

You have the option of using either swappable AA batteries or rechargeables...which is the way it should be. There are benefits to both so its nice to have the choice. So, no negatives.

Nah, that's a negative. What benefit do you get from that?

The benefit you get is the option to stay wireless at all times. Battery dies, put it on charge and put another one in. No need to be wired.

Also, rechargeable batteries don't last forever.

I guess that's an issue if you stay on the game 24/7. I've had my PS3 for 5 years and the controllers still get ~6 hours of gameplay before I need to charge. To me having the internal battery and the ability to charge the controller even when the system is off is sufficient.

A pointless option is a pointless option. It would be dumb to spend money constantly spending money on nonrechargeable batteries, so anyone with sense is going to go the rechargeable route. Even if you go that route, you're going to have to buy the really expensive ones to get the performance that you get from the standard wireless controllers we already have because the cheaper ones degrade pretty fast. I don't know. To me it's a neutral. I rather have a controller with a good battery included that can be charged while I'm not playing and will last me the life of my system over a controller where I have to buy my own battery all for the tradeoff of being able to switch out batteries if needed despite the fact that with any reasonable amount of play, it's not really necessary to do that.

Now I fully admit that if you routinely stay on the game for half the day, this is a better option.

Pointless option to you.

At the end of the day, the XBOX controller provides either option...so it cannot be seen as a negative in any way.

The XBOX One controller is perfection.

Uhh yes it can be seen as a negative. You basically have to pay to keep the XB1 controller in working order. I get a DS4, and if it is like the DS3, it will last me the lifetime of my console and being that it can be charged when the system is off and used with the wire if need be, I'll never have to worry about needing to charge it. With the XB1 controlloer, you either go the normal battery route and constantly have to replace them, go the cheap rechargeable battery route and have to replace them less often, or go the high end rechargeable battery route and rarely have to replace them. Either way, you're spending money to maintain the XB1 controller that you don't have to with the DS4.

• Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    I really dont like wireless controllers so I will be getting a wired one eventually

Why not?

He keeps losing his controllers down the side of the sofa. Likes to keep them on a "leash" of sorts.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    I really dont like wireless controllers so I will be getting a wired one eventually

Why not?
    Dunno but the only time i really use my wireless joint is movies and ? gaming im usually wired
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Gonna have to use it to be able to accurately say. The D-Pad on the 360 was unbearable. It was garbage. Only thing I'll give XBox over PS is that they actually build their controllers to last. I can't begin to tell you how many PS3 controllers I've gone thru SMMFH. They're not cheap either, they run for bout $70 SMMFH. The PS2 controllers and the SNES controller were the best built controllers of all time.

Xbox is taking a step in the right direction tho. Thank ? they removed the battery pack and spread the analogs out a bit SMMFH the 360 joints seemed so squished together, if you have big hands ? was a nightmare.

how does one function with a PS controller but struggle with 360 if they have big hands? When i used the Ps joint it felt like I was gaming on an old Tiger handheld... thats why i had to cop that battle adapter
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only thing i liked about xbox controllers was the sturdiness of the sticks.. other than that..... hold that
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The XBOX One controller is literally perfect tho. There is not one single thing that can be said negatively about it. That's just what that is. The PS4 controller made a lot of needed improvements, but the analogs are still too close and that will continue to be a negative against it yet again this gen. Not to mention a big, pointless, always on blue light that will continuously glow for no reason because no one has or will ever own a PS Eye.

Was the rumor that the XB1 takes external batteries true? Because if so, that's a negative in my opinion.

You have the option of using either swappable AA batteries or rechargeables...which is the way it should be. There are benefits to both so its nice to have the choice. So, no negatives.

The benefit you get is the option to stay wireless at all times. Battery dies, put it on charge and put another one in. No need to be wired.

I guess that's an issue if you stay on the game 24/7. I've had my PS3 for 5 years and the controllers still get ~6 hours of gameplay before I need to charge. To me having the internal battery and the ability to charge the controller even when the system is off is sufficient.

A pointless option is a pointless option. It would be dumb to spend money constantly spending money on nonrechargeable batteries, so anyone with sense is going to go the rechargeable route. Even if you go that route, you're going to have to buy the really expensive ones to get the performance that you get from the standard wireless controllers we already have because the cheaper ones degrade pretty fast. I don't know. To me it's a neutral. I rather have a controller with a good battery included that can be charged while I'm not playing and will last me the life of my system over a controller where I have to buy my own battery all for the tradeoff of being able to switch out batteries if needed despite the fact that with any reasonable amount of play, it's not really necessary to do that.

Now I fully admit that if you routinely stay on the game for half the day, this is a better option.

Pointless option to you.

At the end of the day, the XBOX controller provides either option...so it cannot be seen as a negative in any way.

Uhh yes it can be seen as a negative. You basically have to pay to keep the XB1 controller in working order. I get a DS4, and if it is like the DS3, it will last me the lifetime of my console and being that it can be charged when the system is off and used with the wire if need be, I'll never have to worry about needing to charge it. With the XB1 controlloer, you either go the normal battery route and constantly have to replace them, go the cheap rechargeable battery route and have to replace them less often, or go the high end rechargeable battery route and rarely have to replace them. Either way, you're spending money to maintain the XB1 controller that you don't have to with the DS4.

What the ? are you talking about? You can buy one play and charge kit one time for $20. Done. Or, buy one set of AA rechargable batteries one time. There is nothing to "maintain".

That PS3 charge cable is short as ? . There is no way to game with that ? plugged in unless you sittin right up on yo TV in indian style or some ? .

Plus, the ? you talking about has no impacts on actual gameplay.

No negatives.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Pointless option to you.

What the ? are you talking about? You can buy one play and charge kit one time for $20. Done. Or, buy one set of AA rechargable batteries one time. There is nothing to "maintain".

That PS3 charge cable is short as ? . There is no way to game with that ? plugged in unless you sittin right up on yo TV in indian style or some ? .

Plus, the ? you talking about has no impacts on actual gameplay.

No negatives.

Are you stupid or something? I clearly said what I was talking about. Unless you get some of the high level rechargeable AA batteries, you will have to replace them because they won't last the lifetime of the system. They degrade much faster than that. Even some of the high level AA batteries don't last all that long, maybe a couple years and then you need to recharge them so frequently that you'll want to buy more anyway. So that's the maintenance. If you buy rechargeable batteries or regular batteries, you will have to replace them eventually. There is the problem.

I can't speak on the play and charge kit. It may be of the same quality as the batteries that are typically included in the wireless controllers to begin with, so if you go that route you've gained nothing but an additional $20 added to the cost of the controller.

Lastly, whoever said anything about the actual gameplay. You said there were no negatives associated with the controller. I said that IMO having to buy batteries for the controller is a negative.

• The Lonious Monk
    Options
    http://o.canada.com/2013/08/30/press-start-ps4s-dualshock-4-vs-xbox-one-controller/

Article from a long time Xbox player stating the PS4 controller feels better than the XB1 controller.

To be fair, more than anything else, he seems to just be impressed at how much better the DS4 is over the DS3. That said, he did say some of the changes made to the XB1 controller makes it less comfortable than the 360 controller.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At the end of the day there is no "better" controller ....... it's the opinion of the individual which they prefer.