Athletes You Were Wrong About?

Options
TRILLip Brooks
TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2013 in From the Cheap Seats
You thought they would be nice and they sucked or vice versa

For me

Josh Smith - I thought dude would be Stromile Swift pt 2 after his first few season in the league

James Harden - Thought he was nothing but a glorified role player who was in for a reality check when he got traded to Houston

Michael Beasley - self explanatory

Joakim Noah - Was ? when The Bulls drafted him at first, now he's prob. my fav Bull

Comments

• T.Vick04
    T.Vick04 Members Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    David Carr
    Paul George
    Aldon Smith
    Steph Curry
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mike_beasley.jpg

averaged 26 nd 13 in college it completely didnt translate in da league at all hate to say it but im thinkin hes a lost cause even tho hes only 24
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Yea...Beasley.
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Its more I'll come back wit more but Beasley is da number 1 guy i was way off on lls
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    You thought they would be nice and they sucked or vice versa

For me

Josh Smith - I thought dude would be Stromile Swift pt 2 after his first few season in the league

James Harden - Thought he was nothing but a glorified role player who was in for a reality check when he got traded to Houston

Michael Beasley - self explanatory

Joakim Noah - Was ? when The Bulls drafted him at first, now he's prob. my fav Bull

I was right and wrong about Harden. After he struggled in the summer league his rookie year and then struggle in the first 3 quarters of his rookie season I figured he wouldn't be more than a 13 or 14 ppg type dude.

He finally proved me wrong in his last year in OKC. Wasn't surprised by what he did in houston. He's a volume shooter that gets to the line better than probably anybody in the league - so with him on a weak roster as the only go-to scorer, I knew he would average at least 20.

• T.Vick04
    Options
    Wasn't wrong on him but adding him to list cause all i heard was how nice he was...

2002_07_08_JAY_WILLIAMS_LARGE.JPG
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    I was wrong about Matt Ryan from when he was drafted. I knew he had the "tools" but I wanted us to trade down and bring in some veterans.

It wasn't so much I was doubting him, but I felt like if we took a QB first in the draft that means we wouldn't have awinning season for another 3 or 4 years.

I thought we would win like 4 or 5 games in 2008. We ended up only losing 5 games.

Plus he ethered me by making his first official pass in the NFL a 60 yard touchdown pass. I shut the ? up after that.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron (infamous fall off in 2 years)
    Andrew Luck (thought he was overrated and wouldn't get Colts to the playoffs)
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ill always admit if im wrong and im admitting I was wrong about steph curry. I thought he was too skinny and small to play at the nba level and I figured he would just be a chucker and that he wouldnt even be a star player.

? that ? beasley

I never figured that when we drafted him that rio would turn into the GOAT. I mean I knew he was a steal but ? . It was like ? was making up for beasley wit rio
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea I thought Matt Ryan was avg as ? . Thought he was gonna be trash in the pros.

Rey Mauluga, thought he was gonna be a monster. But he's serviceable.

Andy Dalton, was mad that we took him and got rid of Palmer. But after week 1 I was glad to have him.

Alando Tucker from Wisconsin. I thought he was gonna ball in the league. Didn't even get a real shot. Think he played on the Suns D league team.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Von Miller- thought he was overrated coming out of Tamu. I was wrong.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Muggsy Bogues. Never thought he'd make it in the league. much less have long career.
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kyrie irving smh but that ? definitely made me a believer
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    gotta mention Derrick Williams dude balled out in da NCAA tourney but got to da league nd was just an average ass tweener, he was talkin big noise before gettin drafted number 2 nd has put up mediocre numbers so far lls
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    gotta mention Derrick Williams dude balled out in da NCAA tourney but got to da league nd was just an average ass tweener, he was talkin big noise before gettin drafted number 2 nd has put up mediocre numbers so far lls

yeah, you gotta be leary about those type guys.

see Tyrus Thomas
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Found da Derrick Williams pre draft quote dis is why im hella dissapointed in dude he was talkin hella ?

‘I think I’m the No. 1 pick because I have more star quality I would think,’ the small forward said. ‘I’m just a bigger person. Just trying to fill in for a big star like LeBron like they’re missing. That missing piece. I think that’s me.’

fullcourtpumps.com/2011/05/arizonas-derrick-williams-thinks-he-is-the-next-lebron-james/
  • T.Vick04
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Deangelo Hall. We needed a corner BAD when we drafted him. Nikka damn near hit a 4.2 in the 40 when he was in college and he was a playmaker in college too.

Made a couple pro-bowls with the Falcons and after he left, but nowhere near where I thought (and he DEFINITELY thought) he would be.

Never forget that ? he used to say his rookie year in every interview "The best Corner alive since 2-1 retired."

His first preseason game he got sonned by Randy Moss. And the rest was history...

dc-sports-nexus.gifDeAngelo-Hall-Goes-Airborne-GIF.gif

I got kinda excited when we traded for him...? was playin 10 yards off and Jay Cutler and Royal gave him dat work on monday night...we cut him a few games later for not playin press coverage lol...typical al davis ? traded for a corner that dont fit our scheme then cutting him like its his fault smh

• Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mark clayton..I thought this ? was going to be a good wr...? got to the league and started dropping ?
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    Mark clayton..I thought this ? was going to be a good wr...? got to the league and started dropping ?

Yeah, co-sign that. He also went to one of the worst offensive teams in the league at the time (ravens). But yeah, he was definitely a disappointment.

Then again, I can't really front like I expected him to be Jerry Rice or no ? like that.