Athletes You Were Wrong About?

Options

Comments

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    Mark clayton..I thought this ? was going to be a good wr...? got to the league and started dropping ?

he showed flashes but his hands were so iffy man smh crazy he was da 8th overall pick nd neva had a 1,000 yard season
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kwame brown

sike
  • 216atlran
    216atlran Members Posts: 708 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I gotta say Demarcus Cousins, I thought he was a overrated ? , ? nice now.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can do this all day.

Ima sit this one out
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    Evan turner- thought he was maybe deserviing of a #1 pick
    Terrence Williams- thought he would have the potential to be like a 15, 5 and 5 kinda player but never happened. He be averaging like 18 6 and 6 in 2k though

Bruh the year that ? Williams got drafted, on 2k they had his skills just through the roof. His rating was like a 77 or some ? . Which is high to begin with. But the ? had LeBrons athleticism and dunk package with Carmelos jumper. My brother dropped £€ points on me with him. *Not saying the actual number out of embarrassment

In reality, he is a underrated athlete and dunker who can honestly play 3 positions but his attitude and maybe work ethic prevented him from being really good. Im still rooting for dude to get it all together. He damn near a star player in 2k lol
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Terrence Williams- thought he would have the potential to be like a 15, 5 and 5 kinda player but never happened. He be averaging like 18 6 and 6 in 2k though

Bruh the year that ? Williams got drafted, on 2k they had his skills just through the roof. His rating was like a 77 or some ? . Which is high to begin with. But the ? had LeBrons athleticism and dunk package with Carmelos jumper. My brother dropped £€ points on me with him. *Not saying the actual number out of embarrassment

In reality, he is a underrated athlete and dunker who can honestly play 3 positions but his attitude and maybe work ethic prevented him from being really good. Im still rooting for dude to get it all together. He damn near a star player in 2k lol

Yea hopefully he can get it together. Did the Celtics cut him?
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peter Warrick, Phillip Buchanan, Rashad Mccants
  • tha bause
    tha bause Members Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Greg oden he was an animal in college playing with a broken wrist half the season. Then KC came through and crushed the buildings (Ligaments)
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was wrong about Eli Manning, but only once Bad Eli showed up last season
    If you told me before last season that Trent Richardson would break Jim Browns franchise record, i would have laughed at you. Jokes on me
  • BlackAX410
    Options

yep, he showed flashes last year too him catchin dat charge had a lot to do wit him gettin da scissors too
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah I didn't think Kyrie Irving would be this good this early
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Felix Jones...? was somewhat explosive his first few yrs but could never shake the injury bug. I thought he had a shot to outperform his former teammate McFadden after we drafted him.
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Yeah I didn't think Kyrie Irving would be this good this early

me too but to be fair we only seen him for 11 games in college so i was skeptikal for dat reason i thought Derrick Williams shoulda been da number 1 pick
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought Peter Warrick would be good.
    I thought Reggie Bush was going to be Gale Sayers.
    I thought Juan Dixon was going to good.
    I thought O.J Mayo would be a top guard.
    I thought Mark Sanchez would be good.
    I thought Matt Leinart would be good.
    I thought all those receivers the Lions drafted were going to be good.
    I thought Sean May was going to be good.

The jury still out on Austin Rivers and Justin Blackmon.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    gotta mention Derrick Williams dude balled out in da NCAA tourney but got to da league nd was just an average ass tweener, he was talkin big noise before gettin drafted number 2 nd has put up mediocre numbers so far lls

yeah, you gotta be leary about those type guys.

see Tyrus Thomas

nah ... give rek williams some more time. he got too settled in being a man amongst boys at AZ (and in the ncaa period). he's a late bloomer he will def come along. if he's still in minnesota then it will take him getting out of there. if he opens up, to play say like an igoudala type .... he will have a respectable career
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    brandon james.....Iono what the ? happened with him
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

yep, he showed flashes last year too him catchin dat charge had a lot to do wit him gettin da scissors too

The ? ? Yo Im about to hit this ? up on twitter and scold him like his father B. I just want dude to be great but he stay lettin me down.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought Roddy White was gonna be a bust when we drafted him (first couple of years I was right)

I never thought Al Horford was gonna make an All Star team.

I thought Darren McFadden was challenge AP for that top spot

I thought Eli Manning was average and living off his last name

You couldn't tell me D-Hall wasn't the best DB in the league (especially after the Deion co-sign)

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »
    I thought Roddy White was gonna be a bust when we drafted him (first couple of years I was right)

I never thought Al Horford was gonna make an All Star team.

I thought Darren McFadden was challenge AP for that top spot

I thought Eli Manning was average and living off his last name

You couldn't tell me D-Hall wasn't the best DB in the league (especially after the Deion co-sign)

Deion is just like Jordan when it comes to evaluating talent.

Said Deangelo had next, and then he said Devin Hester could be just as good of a DB as he was... Then he quit playing DB. lol

lol @ McFadden challenging AP. You weren't the only one thinking that. Alot of fans and media thought that just because he was from the SEC and had a similar running style. But I knew better.

• Igot5onit
    Igot5onit Members Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was wrong about Al Horford I thought he was gonna be Sheldon Williams 2.0.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought David Carr was going to be elite boy was I wrong