The Walking Dead - Season 4 (AMC)

Options

Comments

• PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Lmao this show gets so much burn

Hilarious how the worst shows get so much acclaim from viewers.
    Bruh, I thought this same thing. I'm a huge horror fan so I done seen the zombie gimmick over and over. I thought to myself "oh wow, a whole show about a zombie break out......pass!". After hearing my friends and so many people yapping about the ? I checked it out. This ? is g.o.a.t!!! trust me. The 1st episode is boring as ? until the end, that's when you'll get sucked in. Every episode ends with a huge cliff hanger. It will leave you like a ? head waiting for a whole week to get another hit. You get attached to the characters too.

• KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    Darrel looks like he's in full beast mode.

Can anybody tell me if they ever reviled anything in the comic about how all this ? started yet? No spoilers or nothing, just want to know if the show will be at least explaining something. We had 3 whole seasons of the "survival story" Now I want some kind of answers. The way this show going it's looking like it's gonna end on some "lost" type of ? lol.

The comic is a decade in and no explanation has been given about how the virus started. Hell, the comic pretty much stalled after The Governor arc and is just now finding its footing again in the Land of the Trill.

The momentum it had in the earlier issues is the same momentum the first seasons had in that you get so lost in the characters that you forget to ask why their situation even exists. The problem is that in a world like this is that the character types are finite as ? . They've found some interesting ones as of late, but the main bad guy is another version of the Governor. The TV show blew through a lot of material in three seasons, so it'll be reeeeeeeeally hard to sell another antagonist group without thinking, "This all seems familiar."
    SMH, I feared this was the case with this show. A show like this can't go on and on forever without some kind of direction. especially these days, this aint no sitcom. I fear people will start thinking the same way I am come season 4. The ratings will go down and they will branch off from the cannon. Then create something to wrap up the series. But by the time season 4 drop the comics will probably finally be wrapping up. If the comic has been out for that long then it might be coming to an end. That's about how long most popular comics last.

I mean damn though, they aint dropped one single hint not even once?

The only hint is the same thing in the show: they're all infected with an airborne virus. No why. No how. It's like the exact opposite of Y the Last Man, a comic I wish was made into a TV show because it not only handles a pandemic-level event but answers why things happen or don't (No Spoilers for those who haven't read it). They haven't even had the characters question why its happening in a while that I recall.

Comic shows no signs of cancellation either. If they branch off, the TV show can last a while, but at a certain point they have to examine how the situation started even if its a situation no one can correct. Hell, they even tell the Governor and Michonne's back stories in the comic, so not telling us how this all popped off is just coming across more and more like lazy writing than "the past isn't important."
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't see why them not explaining where the virus came from matters really. That's clearly not the point of the show. It's not World War Z. They aren't running around trying to stop the zombie apocalypse. That boat has already sailed. They are just trying to survive. The "Why" doesn't matter when staying alive is an everyday struggle.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I don't see why them not explaining where the virus came from matters really. That's clearly not the point of the show. It's not World War Z. They aren't running around trying to stop the zombie apocalypse. That boat has already sailed. They are just trying to survive. The "Why" doesn't matter when staying alive is an everyday struggle.

And that's how I justified it for the longest time, but then they started telling back stories. When something is presented as "the only thing that matters is the present," you can't write a back story inside that environment and then expect people to be like, "Wow! Thanks for telling me all about Michonne and The Governor pre-zombie world. Great read" and try to resume having the past be a closed subject.

Not unless you're really, really horrible as a writer. Hopefully, before the end of the comic, Kirkman decides to reveal what happened even if it's something as simple as a meteor crashing somewhere. It'll at least be an answer to the most relevant thing in the past within the comic/show.
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options

And that's how I justified it for the longest time, but then they started telling back stories. When something is presented as "the only thing that matters is the present," you can't write a back story inside that environment and then expect people to be like, "Wow! Thanks for telling me all about Michonne and The Governor pre-zombie world. Great read" and try to resume having the past be a closed subject.

Not unless you're really, really horrible as a writer. Hopefully, before the end of the comic, Kirkman decides to reveal what happened even if it's something as simple as a meteor crashing somewhere. It'll at least be an answer to the most relevant thing in the past within the comic/show.
    Exactly, like I said this aint no damn sitcom. This one of those things that can only go on for so long. I bet you after this season people are going to start asking wondering about what's going on.

But the comic just might be ending. Because the show is like 43 minutes long. The comic is only like a few pages so the show probably covers like 4 chapters. This means the closer they get to the comic they must be about to end it. I'm just guessing lol.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

I don't see the connection here. Despite the fact that people get killed off pretty fast, The Walking Dead is still a character driven story. Why would giving backstory on the characters mean they have to explain where the Zombie virus came from? The main story is still focused on survival in the ? up world. These back stories just give you a little more insight into what makes some of the character tick.
  • young_belvi
    young_belvi Members Posts: 732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yoooo, sorry to ? up ya'lls riveting conversation about "will they say where the disease/infection came from or not" (I personally hope they wrap that ? up near the end of the television series, kinda how the movie contagion did) but for ? sake, can we please get another antagonist outside of ? social anxiety, the governor, and them slow ass zombies that are only a threat when they are in packs or get the sole drop on you. Can we get like a Smoker/Hunter from left for dead 2 or some suped up zombie that has mutated to be stronger or faster than the current crop of undead heads just to add some new dynamics to the show?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    We know the zombies can be manipulated and used to serve a purpose. A villain that basically uses the zombies as weapons to accomplish his goals would be kinda cool.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Yo when's season 4 starting???
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they have a comic called "Land of the Trill"?

lol no? maybe Im just confused by Knights post.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    The comic is much more detailed and depressing that the TV show is allowed to be.

If the show actually did what the comic did, you wouldn't care how the virus started; you'd be all caught up on the survival of the characters. They all have gone through so much trauma in the comic, that they only giving the PG-13 version of what the comic has done.

Like what REALLY happened to Dale in the comics was much more ? up than what happened to him on the show.
    Or how Laurie really died in the comic was much more depressing than on the show. I won't even talk about the baby.....

Knowing where the virus started is NOTHING compared to the horror of living just to survive. It's obvious that all of society and government has fallen, so finding out where the virus started is mute at this point, in the comic and show.
    You got maniacs running around on their Jim Jones ? claiming to protect people, but in a heartbeat, will feed the first person who opposes their word to a zombie or shoot them dead. You have maniacs who are just like Rick, but are too mind bent to rationalize taking someone in and aligning groups for survival, but instead, sees them as a group trying to take what they already have. You have groups who only survive by killing everything in their path and take from the living. Then you have scavengers/cannibals who are struggling to find food, trapping people for sexual gratification and eating them for food. There's a LOT the TV show will not show and has come to pass in the comic and the show has already passed those points in the timeline.

And yeah, the comic and show will have it's boring moments to build to the next ? and rehash villain types because that's all that can be done in a real life portrayal of civilization fallout. Don't expect a scientist who develops a super zombie or zombies that develop intelligence. Nope, you're going to get some version of The Governor over and over again, until Rick and his group are all dead or find a safe haven controlled by some form of Government.

Great comic and show....
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @AP12.. dumb question.. but reading the comics does it give away/ or take away from wathing the show?
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Overall season 3 had hella highs and lows. I just wanna see how gangsta Carl becomes. And Tyrese, Daryl and Dangelo from the Wire
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AMC is expanding its lucrative Walking Dead franchise.

The cabler announced Monday that it is in the early stages of developing a “companion series” — aka spinoff — to its monster smash, slated to launch in 2015.

Series creator Robert Kirkman will serve as an exec producer on the offshoot, alongside fellow EPs Gale Anne Hurd and David Alpert.

“Building on the success of the most popular show on television for adults 18-49 is literally a no-brainer,” said AMC prez Charlie Collier in a statement. “We look forward to working with Robert, Gale and Dave again as we develop an entirely new story and cast of characters. It’s a big world and we can’t wait to give fans another unforgettable view of the zombie apocalypse.”

Added Kirkman: “After 10 years of writing the comic book series and being so close to the debut of our fourth, and in my opinion, best season of the TV series, I couldn’t be more thrilled about getting the chance to create a new corner of The Walking Dead universe. The opportunity to make a show that isn’t tethered by the events of the comic book, and is truly a blank page, has set my creativity racing.”

Season 4 of The Walking Dead premieres Oct. 13.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »

The cabler announced Monday that it is in the early stages of developing a “companion series” — aka spinoff — to its monster smash, slated to launch in 2015.

Series creator Robert Kirkman will serve as an exec producer on the offshoot, alongside fellow EPs Gale Anne Hurd and David Alpert.

“Building on the success of the most popular show on television for adults 18-49 is literally a no-brainer,” said AMC prez Charlie Collier in a statement. “We look forward to working with Robert, Gale and Dave again as we develop an entirely new story and cast of characters. It’s a big world and we can’t wait to give fans another unforgettable view of the zombie apocalypse.”

Added Kirkman: “After 10 years of writing the comic book series and being so close to the debut of our fourth, and in my opinion, best season of the TV series, I couldn’t be more thrilled about getting the chance to create a new corner of The Walking Dead universe. The opportunity to make a show that isn’t tethered by the events of the comic book, and is truly a blank page, has set my creativity racing.

I call ? .

I knew when this show debuted that AMC would eventually "? off" the original characters and introduce new ones (Darryl, Meryl, T-Dawg) during the course of the program; eventually only having AMC character remaining and still calling the show by TWD. So they've gone and done it but instead of killing off the characters, they'll simply inject new ones into the original show, drag the original out, make it boring, or actually ? the originals, and then have the new characters go their separate ways into their own show.

So AMC can then drop the original show because it'll make no sense to have two of the same shows on the same network unless they move one to a sister/brother network, and continue the same plot-type with their own ideas and characters, and not have to pay the original writers of the show anything because they are no longer contractually bound to them for anything new.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rosita will be on the show this year...played by Christian Serratos...i can dig it
    tumblr_m9lrgfie321qc5qdwo1_500.jpg
    Christain-Serratos-in-Maxim-Magazine-christian-serratos-12374828-1293-1754.jpg

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options

Added Kirkman: “After 10 years of writing the comic book series and being so close to the debut of our fourth, and in my opinion, best season of the TV series, I couldn’t be more thrilled about getting the chance to create a new corner of The Walking Dead universe. The opportunity to make a show that isn’t tethered by the events of the comic book, and is truly a blank page, has set my creativity racing.”

I like this, maybe it will focus on what caused this and them finding a cure. Then later on, the main story will start going that rout too. Then kirkman will bring the two together. Kinda like that show "defiance" did with the video game crossing over to the show.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

I like this, maybe it will focus on what caused this and them finding a cure. Then later on, the main story will start going that rout too. Then kirkman will bring the two together. Kinda like that show "defiance" did with the video game crossing over to the show.

These were my thoughts exactly. A lot of fans have been asking for more information on the cause and wondering whether there was an attempt to find a cure/vaccination. As I've said before, that's simply not what the original series is about. I could see this new series being more like the WWZ movie where you have a group of people going to various places around the world trying to figure out where it all started. The shows would be very different, and probably won't interfere with each other at all.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [img]https://scontent-b-lhr.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/s720x720/1236935_744660668893427_112693250_n.png[/img]

humanahumanahumana
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Breaking Bad done.. next man up. Coming off the final season for that show I could use a really good season from this one.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    maggie-maxim-5.jpg

something bout this pic! got damn, she sexy. I bet that tight ? smell like candy. lol
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Glenn would hate me during the Zombie Apocalypse because I'd be ? the ? out of Maggie.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rewatched season 3 rick was actn like a ?

Comic book heads any idea where this season might head to? (Spoiler)

And if theres any dope characters from the comic we might see (spoiler)
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think they find out the government is still around.

Carl might catch one in the eye nh