Fox Sports 1

Options
dc's teflondon
dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
has anybody been watching this channel..they trying; but i think its going to be tough to get viewers..no nfl, nba, nhl..and mcnabb comes off has a hater now..dude ain't ? his whole career; now he wants to talk

Comments

• t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Fox

......... Nah but really I haven't watched it. Idk I've never been a fan of Fox sports coverage.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    has anybody been watching this channel..they trying; but i think its going to be tough to get viewers..no nfl, nba, nhl..and mcnabb comes off has a hater now..dude ain't ? his whole career; now he wants to talk

? stop ? the channel just premiered!!!
  • NYETOPn
    NYETOPn Members Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Charissa is nice, but that fox sports live panel is ass cheeks. LOL at Mcnabb, Roddick, and Gary Payton talking about Ichiro Suzuki.

The fights are cool, though-- MMA and Boxing-- and I will tune in for Randy Moss's commentary.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NYETOPn wrote: »
    Charissa is nice, but that fox sports live panel is ass cheeks. LOL at Mcnabb, Roddick, and Gary Payton talking about Ichiro Suzuki.

The fights are cool, though-- MMA and Boxing-- and I will tune in for Randy Moss's commentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_DLkeFcwlw
  • dc's teflondon
    Options

ain't nobody ? with Moss suit game
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll give them a few weeks, so far i don't like their in studio guys.
  • tha bause
    tha bause Members Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo Charissa who? If its tha goat Charissa Thompson, then they just got them a viewer
  • NYETOPn
    NYETOPn Members Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tha bause wrote: »
    Yo Charissa who? If its tha goat Charissa Thompson, then they just got them a viewer

Yep. It's Charissa Thompson.
  • tha bause
    tha bause Members Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tha bause wrote: »

Yep. It's Charissa Thompson.

It's over ? espn. The last decent chick I saw on Fox Sunday football was Jillian Barberie before she had her kid. Terry Bradshaw simped that ? every second of the show
  • Rollin_Thunda
    Rollin_Thunda Members Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Besides watching the Herd and SVP and some college football stuff I been watching pretty heavy. Its ok to me I'ma give'em some time to iron everything out.

Didn't know McNabb was oozing THAT much haterade. I mean damn, he takes himself WAY too serious!
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea, McNabb is spazzin, but he has more sports credibility than Skip or Steven A....

...And err nikka in this forum.

*shrug*
  • your flyness
    your flyness Members Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    21 Century Fox (their parent division in Fox) needs to air some original productions, something like 30 for 30. Maybe a "Where are they now? (Sports biggest busts)" type of show.

If they really want to ? on ESPN they ought to snatch up the rights to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWXxRQOapns

or make something like it
  • your flyness
    your flyness Members Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Also with this being EA/NFL/NFLPA last exclusive year. They need to partner up with 2K to bring back NFL2K (PS4 exclusive....)
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    awfulannouncing.com/2013/august/fox-sports-1-s-ratings-are-falling-behind.html
    FOX SPORTS 1'S RATINGS ARE FALLING BACK TO EARTH

After a promising opening weekend, the ratings for Fox Sports 1 are crashing back to reality. The network that is only 11 days old is realizing building a 24/7 cable sports empire is much more difficult than it seems.

Viewership totals for the channel are making their way into the public eye and the clouds are being lifted in seeing just how high the mountain is that Fox Sports 1 is hoping to climb to compete with ESPN.

In fact, thus far Fox Sports 1 is behind Speed in total day average viewership. (Maybe all those angry Speed fans have a point after all.) According to Nielsen (via Variety), Fox Sports 1 is averaging 81,000 total day viewers. Speed averaged 100,000. In primetime, FS1 is ahead thanks mainly to their opening night UFC bump, but just barely - 161,000 to 158,000.

Last week Fox Sports 1 wasn't just behind ESPN in primetime viewership totals, they also lagged behind ESPN2, NFL Network, and MLB Network...

28b4olv.jpg

The good news for Fox is that FS1 is already outpacing NBCSN from the outset, which was predictable given their superior rights portfolio. But what is discouraging for Fox Sports 1 are the viewership totals for their flagship program, Fox Sports Live. Fox Sports Live is crashing back to earth at warp speed. The debut episode on August 17th registered a 0.2 rating and 476,000 viewers. Monday's program registered a 0.0 overnight rating. That's... that's not good.

vpu4r9.jpg

In viewing the ratings comparison between Fox Sports Live and SportsCenter, you can see just how large the gap between FS1 and ESPN truly is at the outset and the challenge FS1 faces. From the week of August 19th-26th at 11 PM ET, SportsCenter averaged 1,002,588 viewers. Fox Sports Live averaged 61,451 viewers. SportsCenter had 16 times the audience of Fox Sports Live.

These numbers shouldn't cause the folks at Fox to go into a panic, cracking each others' heads open and feasting on the goo inside. Building an all sports network from scratch takes time and Fox knows the most important factor for their short and long term success is live sports rights. So far in their first week, FS1 has only really had the UFC and the Craftsman Truck Series to drive viewership. No MLB. No college football. No college basketball. Fox's studio shows are dependent on live sports lead-ins. For instance, Regis Philbin's Crowd Goes Wild has ranged anywhere between 179,000 to just 29,000 in their young existence.

But anyone hoping for Fox Sports 1 to immediately challenge ESPN is in for a reality check. As I've maintained, it's going to take years and possibly even decades for any potential challenger to reach or surpass ESPN's hold on the sports world. The ratings throughout the first 11 days of Fox Sports 1 are proof of that reality. At this point they're much closer to NBC Sports Network than they are to ESPN.

And to tell the truth, that's what should be expected for a network that is barely more than a week old. It's going to take time for Fox to even surpass the old Speed viewership totals and build an audience that sees the network as a destination point and not just a place to watch a game or two. FS1 is going to be dependent on their live sports programming to draw in viewers for some time moving forward.

ESPN wasn't built in a day, and the same is going to be true for Fox Sports 1.
  • V$VP
    V$VP Members Posts: 16
    Options
    It's Aight Could Of Found Better Athletes To Talk Sports
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want the Speed Channel back... FOH with this Fox Sports 1 ? .
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I check it out from time to time.. but they need to change that weak ass SNL background at the anchor desk.. the anchors.. The panelist

and bring back.. The best damn sport show period with the same cast
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I watched ufc last night.
  • dc's teflondon
    Options
    they need to have some sports programs that are vastly different from espn..they should getting a daily or weekly show dedicated to sports betting
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haven't checked for it wat does McNabb do dat displays so much bitterness? I saw a YouTube clip wit gary payton explaining da AI practice story nd McNabb lookin like he ain't wanna be there
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haven't seen many shows, but the ones I have seen are decent. It's refreshing to see people can still appear on a show together and have a conversation without yelling
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP12 wrote: »
    why did they put the channel on premium cable though?

ESPN is so popular b/c its included in the basic 0-72 channel package. Hell i know of at least 3 channels Fox1 could've taken the place of on my cable lineup (looking at you coxsports and foxsports southwest)

It's on my standard cable package.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    does there really need to be a panel for EVERY episode of their highlight show, fox sports live????? nope, cause i could care less about what andy roddick says about the nba, donovan mcnabb about baseball and gary payton about the nfl, im still gonna give it a chance but im still getting use to them since im so use to watching sportscenter at night
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FOX SPORTS 1 is the sports station is now my go to sports station. it's bad when my pops say ESPN is gimmicky and on some soap opera ? .

i'm enjoying the boxing, MMA, The Mike Tyson series is ? dope, Fox Sports Live and Football Daily

The only thing good espn have is 30 for 30 series, Outside the Lines, Sports reporters, Friday Night Fights, PTI and College Football