NBA 2K14

Comments

• Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    shoot*
    I changed it back to 2k13 controls but they basically want you to play the way they got it set up because of the passing system.
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrWise wrote: »
    I Get in the paint easyIt just takes some getting used to. Try Using Turbo straight off the dribble Move Or Euro & Hop Step. I been killing it with Rondo

Problem is my first move isn't allowing me to beat anybody off dribble. Floor spacing is terrible too. Wherever I move on the perimeter my ? teammates also moves in that direction bringing their defender with them. Then their defender collapses on me killing the driving lanes. Not feeling this new ? 2k done with the defense and the floor spacing .

• WiseGuyy
    WiseGuyy Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Word, You Can do Flashy Passes with the 2k13 controls? Cuz those are killer I might actually have to learn this new wack ass system smh
  • WiseGuyy
    I Get in the paint easyIt just takes some getting used to. Try Using Turbo straight off the dribble Move Or Euro & Hop Step. I been killing it with Rondo

Problem is my first move isn't allowing me to beat anybody off dribble. Floor spacing is terrible too. Wherever I move on the perimeter my ? teammates also moves in that direction bringing their defender with them. Then their defender collapses on me killing the driving lanes. Not feeling this new ? 2k done with the defense and the floor spacing .

Yeaa Floor Spacing is the only thing That ? ? up. Even if you space the floor it still seems Like Your teammates Don't know wdf it means. But When I'm on Defense these ? Shake straight down the lane loll
  • Breezy_Kilroy

Yeaa Floor Spacing is the only thing That ? ? up. Even if you space the floor it still seems Like Your teammates Don't know wdf it means. But When I'm on Defense these ? Shake straight down the lane loll

Right! i'm like damn ? at least keep it consistent.
  • ZydecoShawty
    True, game feels unbalanced as ? . I struggle to get in the paint but the CPU walks right in that ? every possession?
  • ZydecoShawty
    I think I'ma start running quick plays and use the pick and roll button to see if ? helps in the mean time while we wait and see if 2k gonna patch this ? . To me the team a.i. feels broken compared to how 2K13 played?
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Are y'all talking about mycareer? If so, then yes it is difficult to get into the paint without using a pick. But then again (for all my people with a PG in mycareer like myself) it could be because our shooting ranks start so low, and our handle, quickness ratings aren't too high either.

If you're talking about in general, then I don't see it. I get to the paint effortlessly with Kyrie, Westbrook, Chris Paul, Curry, and any other offensive PG or player for that matter. You just have to get use to it.

Like MrWise said, use turbo with a crossover move and you run right by them. The only real problem is the spacing. So I like to use picks and/or call iso.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got this yesterday in the mail imo, what a waste of $60+ if you know anybody that's thinking about getting this or already have 2k13 I'd just tell them to either wait for a price drop or just keep playing 2k13. I started to wait until a price drop but, I'm just sell this online or at GS and use that money for the new Batman game dropping in 3 weeks.

The folks at 2k just rehashed last year's game & put Lebron on the cover and just tighted up the defense & offense from last year's game. Then they removed ASW (which they could have upgraded) but replaced it w/Path To Greatness mode (Lebron mode basically). On top of that they put a few international teams in the game, but what good are they when there's no Team USA squad in the game? Same legendary squads from 2k12-13 would it ? these guys to add teams like the Lakers dynasty from '00-02, '04 Pistons, Spurs dynasty, etc.,?

Not worth the $60 2k is getting lazy with the basketball games they need to get it together or EA is gone be back on the rise w/NBA Live again. Pass. I'll see what 2k15 offers next year.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good game but to many sloppy un forced errors for no reason is ? me off

• Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    The Pacers are unfuckwittable
  • ZydecoShawty
    Paul George went down with a torn hand ligament in my season and now Danny Granger is their leading scorer. Hit a game winner against them with Eric Gordon my first game of the season.
  • WiseGuyy
    Finally got used to the Pro Stick, Its a lot harder but aftera while you learn the difference between flicking and holding it. I found out you can't do alley oops or flashy passes with the old controls smh
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    allep oops is l2 and square
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    That's how it used to be
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This a dumb question but how do you do online, every time I go there it takes me to my created player
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are y'all talking about mycareer? If so, then yes it is difficult to get into the paint without using a pick. But then again (for all my people with a PG in mycareer like myself) it could be because our shooting ranks start so low, and our handle, quickness ratings aren't too high either.

If you're talking about in general, then I don't see it. I get to the paint effortlessly with Kyrie, Westbrook, Chris Paul, Curry, and any other offensive PG or player for that matter. You just have to get use to it.

Like MrWise said, use turbo with a crossover move and you run right by them. The only real problem is the spacing. So I like to use picks and/or call iso.

? gotta get used to not being maxed out on everything again i be so ? wit da amount of layups i miss lls
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just so y'all kno the CPU D is fierece .. if a human can't play D u still will torch their ass .. been ? in ? on blacktop
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand what they're trying to do with My Career, but that ? NEEDS sliders. You mean to tell me NOBODY can throw a wide open pass without overshooting their man? NO ONE can CATCH? I wracked up about 7 turnovers simply because no one on my squad can catch. I'm talking bounce passes to a cutter. No twisting flashy ? . Straight throw-ball-to-open-man elementary passing.

Futhermore, Chris Bosh going in the paint and banging on Al Horford and Paul Millsap? Word? I downloaded it on PC and maxed My Career dude out to see if it would improve: 6'8" SG 90 Close, Mid, Long Range. 92 Layup, Dunk, and 85 passing. Outcome is garbage juice. I turned on the Shot Meter thing to see if maybe my release was ? up, but I'm getting consistent A+, equipped with Dead Eye, Microwave, and Catch-and-Shoot.

If you're playing My Player, it's literally a waste of time to keep going. You're going to max out after wasting hours of your life and still shoot 12/36, get rebounds out the ass this year, and finish with 5+ turnovers off fumbled passes to the CPU.

Save yourself some time and just play Association where you can balance the ? . Oh and Michael Jordan's shot/base > *
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    I can score at least 25 a game but getting assists and rebs are hard as hell.
    Your teams AI is like half ? but the cpu AI is perfect. Spacing is horrible and these ? don't know when to shoot or pass.
    last year was the best 2k game recently imo.
    I know they just really trying to hold ? over til next gen but everybody ain't getting next gen so this ? needs adjusting.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    The AI thing has ALWAYS been the case IMO. I use floor general and defensive anchor to make up for it. If not, you'll be forced to score 50+ every game (12min on HOF difficulty), unless your team is stacked. Plus, let's be honest. If your AI was as good as the computer's, the game would be too easy.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    Also, just like the old MyCareer, if you don't use pick and rolls or set plays, you have to command double teams or at least beat your defender by a couple of steps to get assists. Once you start destroying the opponent on 1v1 coverage, the assists will flow in because the defense will start helping and/or doubling.

Leading the fastbreak is also an easy way to get assists. I damn near push the ball down the floor every chance I get. Easy points and the defense always blows coverage somewhere, so the assist potential is there.

... How much your teammates shoot is solely based on their tendencies as a player. People like Nick Young and JR Smith shoot it every time they touch the ball, while others just look at you. If you're a starter, you can speak to the GM about getting players that better fit your style.
  • infamous118
    infamous118 Members Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    I've passed to Oj Mayo idk how many times and the ? was wide open and all he does is pump fake and then let his man get back on defense
  • ZydecoShawty
    I'm getting used to the shot stick and how to beat guys off the dribble now. Still trying to get a handle on the new floor spacing and how the players move without the ball. Gotta start using the hop step backwards move to create more space off of the size up, step back jumper. I usually just walk the player backwards in the middle of the dribble but that's not how you correctly pull off the move.