"H-Town": The Official 2013-2014 Houston Rockets Thread

HustleThaDon
HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
#RedNation stand up! I figured we needed our own thread so we can discuss the team so here it is. All Rockets fans post up in here.

original.jpg?1374849780

Comments

• HustleThaDon
    I know we signed Ronnie Brewer last week. Y'all think he'll make the team? We got 19 players under contract right now.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I think Brewer should make the roster.
    He's still more than serviceable in the league.
    I'm really worried about PG though.
    Looking a bit crowded; we got like 3 average PG and unproven Isaiah Canaan.

I hope Canaan makes the roster because he can flat-out ball.
    I'd take him over Beverly any day.

Still waiting for the squad to dump off Lin and Asik to anyone that will take them.
    No reason to keep Lin and no reason to keep a starting center on any other team, on the bench behind D12.
  • HustleThaDon
    McHale saying they're gonna use Howard at PF and Asik at Center. Idk how that'll work. Canaan reminds me of Kyle Lowry. I think the only way Lin/Asik get moved is if Kevin Love or Lanarcus Aldridge become available.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Howard bout to add a couple more BMs to his roster
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Brooks (assuming Lin won't win the starting role back)
    Harden
    Parsons
    Howard
    Asik

Looks like a solid starting 5 and the bench looks ok, and Asik and D12 in the paint is gonna be something fierce.
    Hopefully it works out, but we need serviceable guys behind them on the bench to come out and be there if needed.
    I don't feel that Camby/Smith/Monte will be enough.
    I don't even think Smith or Monte will make the roster this year unless they get an 11th or 12th man on the roster spot.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good looks starting this hustle. Canaan will most likely be in the d league. I think brewer will make the squad but I don't see him getting paying time. I don't think asik and d12 will work. We'll probably only play the two of them together when our defense is playing poorly. The paint will be packed since neither of them have a mid range game. Overall I think we're going to start slow and finish in 4th.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Brooks (assuming Lin won't win the starting role back)
    Harden
    Parsons
    Howard
    Asik

Looks like a solid starting 5 and the bench looks ok, and Asik and D12 in the paint is gonna be something fierce.
    Hopefully it works out, but we need serviceable guys behind them on the bench to come out and be there if needed.
    I don't feel that Camby/Smith/Monte will be enough.
    I don't even think Smith or Monte will make the roster this year unless they get an 11th or 12th man on the roster spot.

Motie will definitely make the roster. He's actually the best fit next to d12 the only problem is he sucks defensively. Hes up to 260 right now(idk) if you've seen him. I still think t Jones gets the starting job. He's already a good weakside blocker imagine him next to d12. All he has to do is run the floor, play good d and hit the mid range jumper.
  • HustleThaDon
    D-Mo got his weight up in the off season. Dude is cut nh.

Harden better improve on the defensive end but I doubt he cares about that ? .
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    4-5 or 3-6 matchup with the Lake show 1st round, Im callin it now
  • HustleThaDon
    DaBull wrote: »

? outta here lol
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013

The ? Lakers aint going to no postseason.

McHale saying they're gonna use Howard at PF and Asik at Center. Idk how that'll work. Canaan reminds me of Kyle Lowry. I think the only way Lin/Asik get moved is if Kevin Love or Lanarcus Aldridge become available.

That would be great defensively but that would clog up the lane and keep Harden from penetrating and both Asik and Howard would get fouled constantly and not make free throws
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good ? Hustle, I would love to be able to have DMo slide in and start as a strech 4 but I dont know if hes ready defensively. The pg situation is still the biggest concern for me though, we have to get consistent play from that position. I want to see what Lin would do in a 6th man role
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt if ronnie make it but he play solid D and he can create his own shot...ill say its a 60/40 chance.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    But yo..
    That ? said the Lakers are gonna make the playoffs.
    Ol' wishful thinking ass ?
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Hopefully Mchale lets Lin do a lot of work out of the pick and roll this year. That's a strength of his and he can pass as well. Harden and Parsons on the wings with Lin and Howard running p&r should cause a lot of problems.
  • HustleThaDon
    Hopefully Mchale lets Lin do a lot of work out of the pick and roll this year. That's a strength of his and he can pass as well. Harden and Parsons on the wings with Lin and Howard running p&r should cause a lot of problems.

C/S. Especially if Lin keeps improving his shot.
  • HustleThaDon
    Bumping.....training camp starts tomorrow
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he talkin about shooting threes in media day.....smh have fun with that guy D12
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVLynS-jE0s

Asik hit ? w/ the no comment. I feel bad for dude and I see why he feels that way but like mchale said, "I didn't know asik was a gm. Last time I checked morey's job is to make the team better". Mchale still saying he's gonna try to play the two together but I don't see it working. Too much clogging of the lane
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    BTW I don't know if y'all saw the intervirews on nba.com but this is the first time(that I know of) that harden talked about his d last year. Kelvin Sampson called him out and he said he took off on d last year because he wasn't used to the workload. Good to hear that ? , we'll see how he plays
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVLynS-jE0s

Asik hit ? w/ the no comment. I feel bad for dude and I see why he feels that way but like mchale said, "I didn't know asik was a gm. Last time I checked morey's job is to make the team better". Mchale still saying he's gonna try to play the two together but I don't see it working. Too much clogging of the lane

Asik and howard is a good 1-2 punch if Asik came off the bench but he wants the PT and he is a starting Caliber Center so I understand the frustration. As soon as dwight came I think they said Asik wanted to leave but the GM was like "nah son you good"

He needs to get traded though, and the best part about it is that you can get some value back and add on to the soild all around squad you guys got already
  • HustleThaDon
    he talkin about shooting threes in media day.....smh have fun with that guy D12

lol you obviously missed the context of the quote. You should be worrying about Laker problems pleighboi.
  • HustleThaDon
    Howard working on the FT's....better get that percentage up

instagram.com/p/ez__jNg3DQ/#
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Howard working on the FT's....better get that percentage up

instagram.com/p/ez__jNg3DQ/#

Good luck come game time....lol

• t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Watched about 9 minutes of the rockets practice today and took away a couple things:
    - Lin's ball handling looks much better and he was finishing with his left hand
    - Harden still gives zero ? about defense
    - Dwight's shot blocking is really going to change things, there were a few plays that we had defensive breakdowns and he came out of nowhere to throw someones ?
    - Terrance Jones is ballin--- it seems like his picking up right where he left off, he's been active and his 3 point shot looks nice

- I said in the summer league that I really liked covington and apparently he's been playing very well. Didn't see him playing during practice but lots of good things have been said