"H-Town": The Official 2013-2014 Houston Rockets Thread

Options

Comments

• HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah more than one person mentioned Covington as a sleeper to make the squad. He has range for his size.

Dead @ Harden still being lazy on defense.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ready to see what howard picked up on from working with tha Dream.
  • HustleThaDon
    Options
    rwjc4n.png

T-Mac at practice today.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Think t jones will get the job
  • HustleThaDon
    Options
    CJ wrote: »
    Think t jones will get the job
    Yeah but he's gotta make the most of his mins early. McHale is talking experimenting with the lineups.

• southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im excited for the season just based off how everybody still has so much room to progress and get better.

How do you guys think we should handle the power forward situation, do we start Asik and Howard which would be good defensively and for the boards but it would hurt the spacing. Do we go with Terrance Jones or Dmo which would be ideal offensively but they may not be ready defensively or do we try to make move to bring in a PF?

Also just off of a few things I've beem reading on, how would yall feel about trading for either Rondo or Lamarcus Aldridge?
  • HustleThaDon
    Options
    Rondo no.....LA yeah

Like I mentioned earlier McHale is gonna play with the lineups until he gets a good 8-9 man rotation going. I feel like T Jones has more upside at the PF position. But he's gotta earn that spot. I don't expect to see that Asik/Howard combo for long periods of time in game because they clog the lane.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im excited for the season just based off how everybody still has so much room to progress and get better.

How do you guys think we should handle the power forward situation, do we start Asik and Howard which would be good defensively and for the boards but it would hurt the spacing. Do we go with Terrance Jones or Dmo which would be ideal offensively but they may not be ready defensively or do we try to make move to bring in a PF?

Also just off of a few things I've beem reading on, how would yall feel about trading for either Rondo or Lamarcus Aldridge?

Asik and Howard won't work offensively. Too much clogging of the lane and neither can shoot. T Jones will get the start and if he can consistently hit a mid range jumper he will keep the job. I had hope for d-mo but he still looked raw playing in europe this summer. As far as trades go rondo no, you really have to be selective and rondo would be more useless next to harden than Lin is because he needs the ball and he can't shoot. I'd love to have LMA but he might not be necessary for the money if t Jones develops
  • southsil4lil
    Options
    Word I hear yall on that, I think we should have Howard or Asik on the court at all times. We should be able to control the paint on the boards and with second chance shots most games
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Options
    Word I hear yall on that, I think we should have Howard or Asik on the court at all times. We should be able to control the paint on the boards and with second chance shots most games

One of them will be on the floor at all times. Remember last year our defense was top ten in a lot of categories when omer was on the floor. When he was off we were in the bottom 3. The two biggest questions I have about Howard if he's healthy are: 1) is he going to be willing to run and 2) is he going to buy into a pick and roll offense. If those things happen we should be good. I think we will struggle to find our identity early on and finish 4th. 3rd or 5th wont surprise me but anything above 3rd will
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd love a move for LA

Idk about this Howard/asik thing
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Options
    First game is tonight vs New Orleans. Not looking forward to anything big just excited to say rockets ball is on deck! #rednation
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looking forward to see if D12 REALLY improved his free throw shooting.
    Otherwise that ScoreCenter update I got the other day was ? .
  • HustleThaDon
    Options
    Harden on point early
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Options
    Didn't get a chance to watch the game. From what I read though everyone that was supposed to look good did. D12, Harden, T Jones, etc. I saw we started d mo and he didn't do ? . Like I said before I think it's T Jones job to lose. Red94 also said on Twitter, "just in case you guys were wondering Austin Rivers is still terrible".... lmao
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are they still trying to trade Asik and Lin? And who's starting at the power forward spot?
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Options
    icks86 wrote: »
    Are they still trying to trade Asik and Lin? And who's starting at the power forward spot?

No and idk who's starting at pf. Should be Terrance Jones eventually
  • HustleThaDon
    Options
    To anyone who didn't see last nights game here's Dwight Howard's full highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PJYHvCwQdk

and here's a link to a page full of other assorted highlights from last night

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=244778
  • HustleThaDon
    Options
    Omri Casspi surprised me last night. They brought him in to fill that Delfino role. If he plays like he did last night he'll fit right in.
  • southsil4lil
    Options
    Omri Casspi surprised me last night. They brought him in to fill that Delfino role. If he plays like he did last night he'll fit right in.

Yeah I saw he went like 9/10 shooting last night which is always impressive. Im about to watch some of it now before these NFL games pop off
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One thing i can say about howard is he do play defense....he work on his free throw shooting that would be killer.
  • HustleThaDon
    Options
    BWB58loCAAA_Lrt.jpg

#rednation live from the Philippines
  • HustleThaDon
    Options
    Pretty impressive game today from everything I read. They're showing a replay on nbatv at 1:30cst. McHale said after the game that Beverly and Lin will alternate starts the rest of the preseason.
  • GetMoneyInDaN.O.
    GetMoneyInDaN.O. Members Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wuzzup Rockets fans....will be at all the games in Toyota Center.........oh yeah i didnt like yall boy Beverly rippin Holliday like that bruh
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Wacthed about 2 1/2 quarters of the game last night before I fell asleep. The energy on defense is totally different this year. We did play Indiana so I'd like to see us against a better offensive team but our P&R d and clogging of the lane seems a lot better. Most impressive player was Lin by far. He said he's been working on his shot and it showed. Not only did he hit 3/4 threes but he wasn't hesitant at all he was letting that ? go. He also made some very nice passes. The chemistry as a whole is ahead of schedule imo, not trynna hype my squad up becuase of pre-season game but I was impressed. Casspi was efficient again as well.... I think he might be able to play that delfino role well

Dwight is working on a bank shot. He made 1 out of 3 last night but it actually doesn't look that bad. He's still doing that typical face up/power move and hibbert was throwing that ? every time. He does have some new moves but it will be a work in progress....