Dave Chapelle mad soft smh

Comments

• T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    but for real dave hated chapelle show that part of the reason he went to Africa . he was only a performer that show and script was being written for him. he felt like the writters were laughing at him and black people that's why he backed out of that multimillion dollar deal he didn't want to sell out and keep his integrity. how else would you expect him to react with some idiot in the audience yelling i'm rick james ? .

I can relate to that. I'll be mad too if I was a comedian & I at least didnt have a say so or anything with the writing of the show. like "im a ? comedian, & one of the goat comedians of all time.......I know what it takes to get laughs". Its like they tried to make him a puppet
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dave really loves stand up which is something he emphasised on when he did "Inside the Actors Studio".

I don't know why people can't just let him do his routine, enjoy themselves and leave the heckling ? alone.

Especially when it's the same "I'm Rick James ? " line....I can only imagine how annoying that must get after almost 10 years
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Cain1 wrote: »
    Damn y'all ? lose. He was here a month ago and he went into detail about that line even did it so the white boys would ? screaming it.

'I cant go out with my kids w/out people sayin rick james bytch'. Please don't tell me he's still 'explaining' that?

He explained that 5 yrs ago! Is he still on that?

I respect whatever spiritual place he is at now, but for the other 15 years of his life the ngga was a comedian. Nobody put a gun to his head and made him do ? ...AND he got paid handsomly for it. Thats my ngga but i refuse to feel sympathy for Dave Chapelle

/rant

edit: Got damn just saw Max post. 2004?!!?!? Ngga, he been salty about this for a DECADE. foh! Lol smh

Peopel constantly yelling that ? out while he's on stage is annoying though. That's ? up the show for everybody. The point of a comedy show is to hear the comedian not hear the crowd yell out ?
  • Lord Marshal
    Lord Marshal Members Posts: 115
    Thats wild man. I went to the OddBall comedy festival here in the Woodlands (Houston), last Saturday. ? was live, and was in total about 4-5 hours so I felt that I got my money's worth for my girl and I to go. But I didn't go to see flight of the concords, or the other comedians, even Bun B coming out was good, but I went to see Dave, If dude would have walked off stage here after I spent all that money on beer and tickets, that ? would have had a riot on his hands.
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    but for real dave hated chapelle show that part of the reason he went to Africa . he was only a performer that show and script was being written for him. he felt like the writters were laughing at him and black people that's why he backed out of that multimillion dollar deal he didn't want to sell out and keep his integrity. how else would you expect him to react with some idiot in the audience yelling i'm rick james ? .
    @Lamilton3000

nope, him and neal brennan (the shows co-creator & also wrote half baked with dave) basically wrote all the skits n what not. Heres a clip of where he talks about some of the ? that went down before the show ended.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBo1chyyqS8

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    white folks are rowdy as ? at comedy shows...and they talk about ? not knowing how to act...ive been to comedy shows where u cant hear the mother ? on stage bc 11 people in the audience is screaming random ? at him/her
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    couldnt he just tell em to ?
  • ayyubam2002
    ayyubam2002 Members Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    just watched Dave Chappelle quit stand up. Out in the Comcast Theater in Hartford, Connecticut, shivering in the open air, I can’t think that this is anything else. I felt this coming just five minutes after the silver curtain had dropped dramatically, by which point the former Comedy Central star had barely gotten any jokes out. We all knew it was five minutes because, with an edge in his voice, Chappelle had ticked off the time.
    The Oddball "Funny or Die" tour was supposed to be Chappelle’s big return to stand up (again). Shorty after taking the stage—to our massive applause—someone in the front interrupted to ask if he was back for real this time. He answered "Yes." We all cheered.
    He had started with some Paula Deen jokes that went over well when he had to stop again. Maybe it was his gratuitous use of the N-word to a mostly White audience. Maybe it was the overpriced beer that, to my amazement, everyone seemed to keep buying. Whatever it was, there was a palpable change. The crowd got rowdier, louder, ruder. Folks started calling out random references to his past work (he informed us that if we ever see him in a Half Baked sequel, that means he's run completely out of money) and, most bizarrely, his 2006 Oprah interview.
    After engaging some of the heckling politely, Chappelle had enough. "I’ve been up here a while now and I thought it was me but now I ‘m sure it’s you. There is definitely something wrong with you." he told us. In other words, 'shut up and let me perform.' Not many did. Finally, he gave up and took his cigarettes and his water and sat on stage.
    The crowd got worse. People were booing, jeering. I heard a woman yell something that was drowned out by a guy near me screaming “DAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEE” for the umpteenth time. But Dave hears her.
    "Times like this, I wonder where Katt Williams is." He sips his water and stares at us meaningfully. There is a hush. The jeers begin again.
    When he decided he would not be doing the show, he responded to a voice in the crowd: “I’m going to have to read about this sh*t for months.”
    And he will—and none of the reports will be fair. They will include bare facts; At the Hartford show, Dave Chappelle DID sit down and read an excerpt from an audience member’s book. At the Hartford show, Dave Chappelle DID give the crowd the middle finger and tell us that we sucked ("You are booing yourself. I want you to go home and look in the mirror and say 'boo,' that's how I feel about you.")

Read more at EBONY http://www.ebony.com/entertainment-culture/dave-chappelle-didnt-meltdown-405#ixzz2dUbf5SP3
    Follow us: @EbonyMag on Twitter | EbonyMag on Facebook
  • Kyle_Lurker
    Kyle_Lurker Members Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lurker6 wrote: »
    @Lamilton3000

nope, him and neal brennan (the shows co-creator & also wrote half baked with dave) basically wrote all the skits n what not. Heres a clip of where he talks about some of the ? that went down before the show ended.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBo1chyyqS8

Powerful Neal Brennan
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He should've trademarked that phrase.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sucks hearing about this
  • RXMasked
    RXMasked Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭
    Think about it, the Rick James episode came out in 2004. If I had to hear "I'm Rick James ? " every week for almost a damn decade, I would have that James Holmes mentality.
  • FourEfil
    FourEfil Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not the first time I heard of the infamous crowds at comedy shows.

He should of turned it around like Bill:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jMhoGUiIkk
  • RAPH
    RAPH Members Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ayyubam2002
    ayyubam2002 Members Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    FourEfil wrote: »
    This is not the first time I heard of the infamous crowds at comedy shows.

He should of turned it around like Bill:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jMhoGUiIkk

Imagine if this is every city you go to. Plus, after you watched 5 acts come on before you and the crowd behaves for them, but when you come out they are extremely rude, city after city after city. Oh yeah Flight of the Concordes are wack.

• Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blame the heckler for being corny as ? .

That ? is mad old. back in the day though with some comedians, you yell at their show, they going to embarrass the ? outta you on principle.

? remember Def Comedy Jam? ? stayed getting roasted for saying some dumb ? ...
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe we're still kicking around the same ass names outside of Chappelle. Katt Williams is done!!! Kevin Hart is straight capitalizing off of his ? -ups! When Kevin Hart falls off, who's next?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont blame him, ? with a career as long and as good as his, dont constantly wanna be reminded about one lil line over and over and over
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That show was the worst best thing of his career. He blew up and no one will forget his name, but even 10 years later and people are shouting out ? from the show and his standup routines.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The worst best thing?

LOL you must be white
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember catching his show in Oakland. Everybody and I mean EVERYBODY was smokin' trees in line. Got in and everyone was just letting that man perform. No heckling, just everybody zoned out and crackin' up. GOAT show. That ? smoked like 2 packs of cigs during his 3 hour routine. No wonder Dave likes it in the Bay.

My boy saw Dave riding a skateboard on Haight St in Frisco years back. Makes sense tho. That's a hippy street with weed dispensaries. Haha
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why ppl talking at a comedy show?

? em

Sometimes many suffer for the decisions of a few..
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hopefully he'll just stick to smaller venues where the crowd can be managed better
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    kinda weak.. if you can't deal with a heckler you shouldn't be doing stand-up. watch how the king deals with the ? : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnR0OofTVGc