What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

PlayStation 4 Camera Includes Voice Recognition

13

Replies

  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    focus wrote: »
    No Windows is not the only OS that allows for multiple apps open in the same window. Again, there are at least three mobile programs that allow for the same thing.

    So the question was..."What OS does Sony have that will make this so easy for them to implement?" I never said Windows was the "only" OS that allows multiple applications to be open, but is Sony going to license iOS for PS4? Android? Help me understand...

    The answer was that Sony doesn't have to license any of those OS platforms to have something that allows multiple applications to be open. With all the computer developers in the word, you think they can't put together a team that can add that functionality especially given that it's not something new or novel. You act like they have to reinvent the wheel or something.
    [email protected] sucka ass niggas trying to debate over shit they dont know about.....if the company theirselves havent confirmed it how the hell would you know before them? lol

    Who are you talking to? My point the whole time is we don't know because Sony hasn't confirmed.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

    m63Y62.gif
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    focus wrote: »
    No Windows is not the only OS that allows for multiple apps open in the same window. Again, there are at least three mobile programs that allow for the same thing.

    So the question was..."What OS does Sony have that will make this so easy for them to implement?" I never said Windows was the "only" OS that allows multiple applications to be open, but is Sony going to license iOS for PS4? Android? Help me understand...

    The answer was that Sony doesn't have to license any of those OS platforms to have something that allows multiple applications to be open. With all the computer developers in the word, you think they can't put together a team that can add that functionality especially given that it's not something new or novel. You act like they have to reinvent the wheel or something

    LOL. Then why hasn't Sony done this already? Why do they licence Windows for their laptops and mobile phones? Why haven't they shown this fantastic new OS that, according to you apparently, will be debuting on their gaming console that was announced back in February? OS' don't just grow on trees you know...especially not good ones. So, again...what OS will Sony be using that allows all this advanced functionality?

  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    focus wrote: »
    focus wrote: »
    No Windows is not the only OS that allows for multiple apps open in the same window. Again, there are at least three mobile programs that allow for the same thing.

    So the question was..."What OS does Sony have that will make this so easy for them to implement?" I never said Windows was the "only" OS that allows multiple applications to be open, but is Sony going to license iOS for PS4? Android? Help me understand...

    The answer was that Sony doesn't have to license any of those OS platforms to have something that allows multiple applications to be open. With all the computer developers in the word, you think they can't put together a team that can add that functionality especially given that it's not something new or novel. You act like they have to reinvent the wheel or something

    LOL. Then why hasn't Sony done this already? Why do they licence Windows for their laptops and mobile phones? Why haven't they shown this fantastic new OS that, according to you apparently, will be debuting on their gaming console that was announced back in February? OS' don't just grow on trees you know...especially not good ones. So, again...what OS will Sony be using that allows all this advanced functionality?

    I don't understand your logic. Just because something hasn't been done, it won't be or can't be done? That shit makes no sense. They are primarily a hardware company, so why would they bother making new OS for their laptops and phones? What would it benefit them to try and compete with Windows or Android? They've already shown their OS. I'm not sure what you think multi-window functionality is, but it's not something that couldn't be integrated into what they've already shown. You're making it seem like this is something that is unprecedented and virtually impossible to do.

    All of this is besides the point. I'm not saying Sony has that functionality. I'm not even saying its one they care to have. They are clearly marketing their system to be gaming first, so I doubt they think being able to make it so you can play your game while watching tv is even a priority of theirs. But you're being silly if you believe that adding a multi-window functionality is an impossible thing to add to their OS. Hell, I can go on the Android Market right now and find a couple apps from developers with no name that allow me to do that on my phone. So, once again, you're telling me that a company like Sony is incapable of going out there finding some real tried and true developers to do the same thing for their system? FOH.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

    m63Y62.gif
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    focus wrote: »
    focus wrote: »
    No Windows is not the only OS that allows for multiple apps open in the same window. Again, there are at least three mobile programs that allow for the same thing.

    So the question was..."What OS does Sony have that will make this so easy for them to implement?" I never said Windows was the "only" OS that allows multiple applications to be open, but is Sony going to license iOS for PS4? Android? Help me understand...

    The answer was that Sony doesn't have to license any of those OS platforms to have something that allows multiple applications to be open. With all the computer developers in the word, you think they can't put together a team that can add that functionality especially given that it's not something new or novel. You act like they have to reinvent the wheel or something

    LOL. Then why hasn't Sony done this already? Why do they licence Windows for their laptops and mobile phones? Why haven't they shown this fantastic new OS that, according to you apparently, will be debuting on their gaming console that was announced back in February? OS' don't just grow on trees you know...especially not good ones. So, again...what OS will Sony be using that allows all this advanced functionality?

    I don't understand your logic. Just because something hasn't been done, it won't be or can't be done? That shit makes no sense. They are primarily a hardware company, so why would they bother making new OS for their laptops and phones? What would it benefit them to try and compete with Windows or Android? They've already shown their OS. I'm not sure what you think multi-window functionality is, but it's not something that couldn't be integrated into what they've already shown. You're making it seem like this is something that is unprecedented and virtually impossible to do.

    All of this is besides the point. I'm not saying Sony has that functionality. I'm not even saying its one they care to have. They are clearly marketing their system to be gaming first, so I doubt they think being able to make it so you can play your game while watching tv is even a priority of theirs. But you're being silly if you believe that adding a multi-window functionality is an impossible thing to add to their OS. Hell, I can go on the Android Market right now and find a couple apps from developers with no name that allow me to do that on my phone. So, once again, you're telling me that a company like Sony is incapable of going out there finding some real tried and true developers to do the same thing for their system? FOH.

    Ummm...that's because Android IS an OS that allows this feature.

    And the "snap" feature on XBOX can be used for gaming purposes, like looking up guides or youtube videos. Its also used for the Twitch integration...so it has nothing to do with not being "gaming first" or whatever.

    Look, my only questions are...

    What OS will Sony be using? Why haven't they built this OS before now (allegedly) or ever shown off this functionality in the past since its so easy to implement and is something their main competitor is promoting heavily?

    Can you answer these questions, yes or no?

    kanggoodie
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    focus wrote: »
    focus wrote: »
    focus wrote: »
    No Windows is not the only OS that allows for multiple apps open in the same window. Again, there are at least three mobile programs that allow for the same thing.

    So the question was..."What OS does Sony have that will make this so easy for them to implement?" I never said Windows was the "only" OS that allows multiple applications to be open, but is Sony going to license iOS for PS4? Android? Help me understand...

    The answer was that Sony doesn't have to license any of those OS platforms to have something that allows multiple applications to be open. With all the computer developers in the word, you think they can't put together a team that can add that functionality especially given that it's not something new or novel. You act like they have to reinvent the wheel or something

    LOL. Then why hasn't Sony done this already? Why do they licence Windows for their laptops and mobile phones? Why haven't they shown this fantastic new OS that, according to you apparently, will be debuting on their gaming console that was announced back in February? OS' don't just grow on trees you know...especially not good ones. So, again...what OS will Sony be using that allows all this advanced functionality?

    I don't understand your logic. Just because something hasn't been done, it won't be or can't be done? That shit makes no sense. They are primarily a hardware company, so why would they bother making new OS for their laptops and phones? What would it benefit them to try and compete with Windows or Android? They've already shown their OS. I'm not sure what you think multi-window functionality is, but it's not something that couldn't be integrated into what they've already shown. You're making it seem like this is something that is unprecedented and virtually impossible to do.

    All of this is besides the point. I'm not saying Sony has that functionality. I'm not even saying its one they care to have. They are clearly marketing their system to be gaming first, so I doubt they think being able to make it so you can play your game while watching tv is even a priority of theirs. But you're being silly if you believe that adding a multi-window functionality is an impossible thing to add to their OS. Hell, I can go on the Android Market right now and find a couple apps from developers with no name that allow me to do that on my phone. So, once again, you're telling me that a company like Sony is incapable of going out there finding some real tried and true developers to do the same thing for their system? FOH.

    Ummm...that's because Android IS an OS that allows this feature.

    And the "snap" feature on XBOX can be used for gaming purposes, like looking up guides or youtube videos. Its also used for the Twitch integration...so it has nothing to do with not being "gaming first" or whatever.

    Look, my only questions are...

    What OS will Sony be using? Why haven't they built this OS before now (allegedly) or ever shown off this functionality in the past since its so easy to implement and is something their main competitor is promoting heavily?

    Can you answer these questions, yes or no?

    You have no idea what you're talking about. Stock Android does not have that feature. The feature exists only in add-ons. Samsung added it in on their phones. LG put it on one of their phones. A couple completely independent developers came up with something that works similarly. There was nothing in Android that specifically allowed for it to be done, they just have an open architecture that allowed good developers to add it in. The same shit can be done for practically any OS assuming it's not too rigid, and given that Sony has already said they expect their OS to evolve over the lifetime of the system, it's clearly not rigid.

    As far as I know, Sony will be using their own proprietary OS made specifically for the PS4. They haven't built the OS before because the PS4 didn't exist before. Your argument is stupid. Again, something not existing or being done before has no bearing on someone's ability to do it. That's like looking at a 2002 Ford's radio and saying that their radios won't have Bluetooth capabilities in 2010 because they've never done it before. That's just stupid and wrong. The PS3 has a very bare bones OS because at the time Sony felt there was no need for anything more complicated. Clearly, with the PS4 they are pushing more functionality in the overall experience. That is all the reason they need to implement something new.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

    m63Y62.gif
  • joshuaboyjoshuaboy Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slavery still exists ........ people here working for free for billion dollar corporations
    kanggoodie
  • kanggoodiekanggoodie Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So all what I'm getting from monks titangraphs is none of us kno what ps4 os will do.. neither does he.. lol
    539975.png
    542713_280479768748802_349530048_n.jpg
    focusvageneral08John_Blazini
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    So all what I'm getting from monks titangraphs is none of us kno what ps4 os will do.. neither does he.. lol

    I've already said that outright.

    Now I'm just responding to the nonsense focus is spewing.

    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

    m63Y62.gif
  • vageneral08vageneral08 Fuck how ya feel Posts: 19,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    So all what I'm getting from monks titangraphs is none of us kno what ps4 os will do.. neither does he.. lol

    I've already said that outright.

    Now I'm just responding to the nonsense focus is spewing.

    So if u don't know why even speak on it bruh?
    focus
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    So all what I'm getting from monks titangraphs is none of us kno what ps4 os will do.. neither does he.. lol

    I've already said that outright.

    Now I'm just responding to the nonsense focus is spewing.

    So if u don't know why even speak on it bruh?

    Exactly.

  • John_BlaziniJohn_Blazini When it comes to half the niggas on the IC's kids...I am the father Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So why are you typing so many words... you're defending shit you dont even know about.
    focus
  • HarlemThumzUpHarlemThumzUp Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @focus...what game is that in yo sig ?
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nate D.O. wrote: »
    @focus...what game is that in yo sig ?

    The new Killer Instinct reboot on XBOX One.


    HarlemThumzUp
  • HarlemThumzUpHarlemThumzUp Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    focus wrote: »
    Nate D.O. wrote: »
    @focus...what game is that in yo sig ?

    The new Killer Instinct reboot on XBOX One.



    goodlookinout !!
    focus
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    So all what I'm getting from monks titangraphs is none of us kno what ps4 os will do.. neither does he.. lol

    I've already said that outright.

    Now I'm just responding to the nonsense focus is spewing.

    So if u don't know why even speak on it bruh?

    What have I spoken on? When it comes to specifics, all I said was that none of us have those regarding a whole bunch of things concerning the PS4 so its stupid to make these assumptions about what it can and can't do.

    The rest of this discussion has just been me kicking focus' stupid logic regarding what is and what is not possible at this point for the system. Nowhere in this topic have I said spoken on anything like I know exactly what the deal is. That's focus and kang acting like they got some kind of inside insight on the PS4 specs.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

    m63Y62.gif
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HyenaKilla wrote: »
    @focus... specifically, why you say XBOXONE > PSIV?

    Games >
    Controller >
    Hardware >
    OS >
    Cloud >
    Friends >


    joshuaboyPSN-Canibuss
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    focus wrote: »
    HyenaKilla wrote: »
    @focus... specifically, why you say XBOXONE > PSIV?

    Games >
    Controller >
    Hardware >
    OS >
    Cloud >
    Friends >

    The general hardware of the PS4 is pretty much universally agreed to be better than that of the XB1, unless you're talking about the Kinect 2 vs the Eye 2 in which case it would have been smarter just to specify that.

    Also, everything coming out points to the PS4 having the same Cloud capabilities at some point.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

    m63Y62.gif
  • vageneral08vageneral08 Fuck how ya feel Posts: 19,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    So all what I'm getting from monks titangraphs is none of us kno what ps4 os will do.. neither does he.. lol

    I've already said that outright.

    Now I'm just responding to the nonsense focus is spewing.

    So if u don't know why even speak on it bruh?

    What have I spoken on? When it comes to specifics, all I said was that none of us have those regarding a whole bunch of things concerning the PS4 so its stupid to make these assumptions about what it can and can't do.

    The rest of this discussion has just been me kicking focus' stupid logic regarding what is and what is not possible at this point for the system. Nowhere in this topic have I said spoken on anything like I know exactly what the deal is. That's focus and kang acting like they got some kind of inside insight on the PS4 specs.

    I mean when focus asked u which OS the ps4 will be using....u couldn't even give a name u said some stuff u read or heard about it which makes no sense....basically in this thread u been comparing what the Xbox one can do to what u THINK the ps4 will do
    John_BlazinifocuskanggoodieCJ
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    LOL, how did I know certain niggas was goin have a problem with a question directed at me specifically regarding why I personally am choosing XBOX One over PS4? LOL

    PSN-Canibusskanggoodie
  • zombiezombie Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    focus wrote: »
    LOL, how did I know certain niggas was goin have a problem with a question directed at me specifically regarding why I personally am choosing XBOX One over PS4? LOL

    You are an evil person . This will be the last generation of x-box.

    Microsoft must be stopped they are more evil than a combination of O.C.P and WEYLAND-YUTANI
  • joshuaboyjoshuaboy Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    USA beat Mexico ..... just about qualified for World Cup

    Edit: wrong Thread
    KillaCham#1hiphopjunki3
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    So all what I'm getting from monks titangraphs is none of us kno what ps4 os will do.. neither does he.. lol

    I've already said that outright.

    Now I'm just responding to the nonsense focus is spewing.

    So if u don't know why even speak on it bruh?

    What have I spoken on? When it comes to specifics, all I said was that none of us have those regarding a whole bunch of things concerning the PS4 so its stupid to make these assumptions about what it can and can't do.

    The rest of this discussion has just been me kicking focus' stupid logic regarding what is and what is not possible at this point for the system. Nowhere in this topic have I said spoken on anything like I know exactly what the deal is. That's focus and kang acting like they got some kind of inside insight on the PS4 specs.

    I mean when focus asked u which OS the ps4 will be using....u couldn't even give a name u said some stuff u read or heard about it which makes no sense....basically in this thread u been comparing what the Xbox one can do to what u THINK the ps4 will do

    The fuck are you talking about? He asked me what the OS was. I said it was Sony's proprietary OS made specifically for the PS4. What you want me to say? It's not Windows or Android or any widely known OS. It's an OS Sony made just for the PS4. And lol @ you making a point of noting it's some shit I heard or read somewhere. Where you getting your info? Are you working for M$ getting shit firsthand? Is Focus doing that? No ya'll niggas reading and hearing shit just like me, so what was the point of even saying that?

    And where have I compared what I think the PS4 to do with anything? Someone made the claim that they knew for a fact that the PS4 couldn't do the multi-window thing. All I said was that we don't know for a fact anything like that. Focus has been basically arguing that because Sony has never done it, they can't do it. I've been pointing out that's stupid.

    I don't know if you're a console dickrider like focus or what, but why waste time coming in here misrepresenting what I say? What does that do for you?
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

    m63Y62.gif
    focus
  • vageneral08vageneral08 Fuck how ya feel Posts: 19,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Post a link of sony talking about the OS they're creating for the ps4
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going by the Dashboard as it is clearly an evolution of the what we see in the PS3 and other "smart" Sony Technology. But I'm glad you asked for the link because my assumptions were wrong.

    http://www.vgleaks.com/some-details-about-playstation-4-os-development/

    The PS4 OS is called Orbis and is a version of FreeBSD, which is capable of multi-window functionality

    VS9AQ.png

    So now the shit that Focus is saying is even stupider. And it doesn't mean anything one way or another has far as my point was concerned because I simply maintained that people should stop proclaiming that they know what the PS4 OS can and can't do before anything about it is even revealed.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

    m63Y62.gif
  • kanggoodiekanggoodie Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuck this speculation shit.. Imma just wait till both systems out then shit on monk. All his strong points are on future hope and aspirations.. nigga sound like a young Obama
    539975.png
    542713_280479768748802_349530048_n.jpg
    focusCJ
Sign In or Register to comment.