Dolph Ziggler on Triple H and Randy Orton : "Other People Need Opportunities in WWE"

Options
DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Real ? talk. That's th first thing I said when the whole "corporation v.2" angle started.

Like wow HHH....again, Orton .. again?

People acting like I'm out my mind for saying a new guy should be pushed.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only people you can push is Ziggler, Miz, Danielson, Punk, Barrett, Ambrose, & Rollins cause all of them have the capability of being the face of the company!!!
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seems like there's alot of animosity backstage!!!
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    icks86 wrote: »
    Only people you can push is Ziggler, Miz, Danielson, Punk, Barrett, Ambrose, & Rollins cause all of them have the capability of being the face of the company!!!

Is Danielson a new guy???????????????????? Why push Barrett when he has proven to be boring and dull????????? Why push Miz when he's Barrett status?????????????? Punk was champ for over a year, why does he need to be pushed back to title status so quick??????????????????? Lol Punk could win the title on the next Raw, hold the title for 2 months and you'd probably say you're bored with him being champ............... Just because you're the best it doesn't mean you have to have a or the title all the time, thats how ? gets stale...................

• smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Ziggler needa ? ... I mean dude is talented dont get me wrong, but it aint his time yet. to be quiet honest, as a character he is whack and his mic skills aint that great IMO

what HHH is doing is basically telling Ziggler and these other guys who are whining is to step their game up. obviously he aint doing something right. I thought the way his title "reign" ended and went was ? up but ? happens. ask CM Punk, he went threw the same ? Zig is dealin with now and look where he has been and is at. I feel like Punk is the new Cena in a sense of he isnt in the title picture but he is still very relevant and a big part of the show revolves around him. Dolph need to chill and work on his ? instead of whining.

right now is DB's time to shine at the top face spot. they say Randy is the "face" of the company but we all know its really DB
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ziggler is gonna have to realize that, just like Punk realized, he's gonna need to really make a name for himself by stepping up.

Remember, Punk was a nobody. He's been with the WWE since 2006, I think, and it wasn't until 2011 that he was given all his shots and he capitalized on that big time.

I get the frustrations, but he can't say, "oh well the crowd after WM29 agrees w me and not you", he's gonna need to really SHOW VINCE and Trips that he can be a big part of the company.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Ziggler is gonna have to realize that, just like Punk realized, he's gonna need to really make a name for himself by stepping up.

Remember, Punk was a nobody. He's been with the WWE since 2006, I think, and it wasn't until 2011 that he was given all his shots and he capitalized on that big time.

I get the frustrations, but he can't say, "oh well the crowd after WM29 agrees w me and not you", he's gonna need to really SHOW VINCE and Trips that he can be a big part of the company.

punk won mitb in 2008 and 2009
    he won the world title 3 times in that period, headlining ppv's and beating the likes of taker, jeff hardy, and edge
    so i wouldnt call him a nobody until 2011. granted the shoot promo took him to another level but he made a name for himself beforehand

as for orton, he is one of the top guys in the company. he went almost two years without holding the title. he was practically a midcarder for that time period. he was gonna be champion again eventually. and thats what most of the IWC wanted

"orton should be champion again"
    "turn orton heel. he's stale as ? as a face"

now that he's heel and champion some of those same fans who wanted it that way are complaining. i like this current angle. its like when vince was going at austin because he wasnt "championship material". hhh is the vince mcmahon of the angle, and he doesnt see bryan as championship material. austin was over as ? at the time. bryan is the most over wrestler in the company at the moment. rock was the "corporate champion" back then, orton is such at the moment.

this angle has potential, especially if the two sides go back and forth with bryan getting the better of the new regime *eventually regaining the title* and vice versa *the new regime ? him out of the title*
  • jono
    Options
    I'm just happy the class of 2006 is finally showing some promise. Cody Rhodes making moves finally, hes not progressing like he should be not many are. CM Punk took control of his own career to an extent in 2011. Kofi Kingston is in purgatory but hes ever present in the midcard. Finally Dolph Ziggler is making a household name for himself.

These guys been buried on the roster forever. Of all those guys Dolph has been repackaged the most and actually showing the second most amount of heart (behind Punk). So it's about that time for him start complaining.

He had good reason to shut the ? up years ago but hes one of the top guys now (especially with the injuries) so he got some room to speak out.
  • VIBE
    Options
    Punk was still a nobody.

He wasn't hot. He wasn't poppin.

When you thought of the WWE then, Punk never came to mind. He wasn't selling tickets and atop of the merchandise sells.

He did damn well, yes. He has always been good.

But he couldn't break through.

Ziggler is stuck in the same position.

He's gonna need to push beyond his limits instead of thinking selling moves for other wrestlers, and making THEM look better, will help.
  • jono
    Options
    Punk was hot when he first came in. Huge reactions on ECW and even got a massive pop for his entrance the same year when he team with DX at Survivor Series (HBK & HHH were already in the ring looking stupefied at the response). He main evented December to Dismember (horrible event) and Heyman pegged him to go over but.......

Vince killed all that ? though, next thing you know hes jobbing to Chavo Guerrero clean on PPVs. Then hes moved to RAW where he floundered and never recovered despite being given the WHC.

Which leads me to this: when they did the angle to take the belt from Punk who did it? Randy Orton.

It's been the same guys forever. Anytime they get close they ever get buried or their push gets killed.

Who killed kofi's main event push? Randy Orton...

Lol it keeps going back to the same guys.

If they don't complain they will never progress. In fact, I dare say that if you don't complain they consider you lazy and complacent.

Dolph is putting some heat on himself sure but ultimately what hes doing is getting attention, if this doesn't cost him his spot (which it might) they will pay more attention to what hes doing and to his connection with crowds which is what he wants because it means progress.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Ya I hate when fans tell guys to shut up , then when you do you're told "they didnt want it bad enough" like Shelton Benjamin, which there is no proof of. At the end of the day, WWE pushes you if they WANT to push, you, you can wan it all you want but if they want you to job and you're not Stone Cold or The Rock level, guess what? You're gonna do the job and get buried while doing it. Its that simple.
  • Already Home_17
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Punk was still a nobody.

He wasn't hot. He wasn't poppin.

When you thought of the WWE then, Punk never came to mind. He wasn't selling tickets and atop of the merchandise sells.

He did damn well, yes. He has always been good.

But he couldn't break through.

Ziggler is stuck in the same position.

He's gonna need to push beyond his limits instead of thinking selling moves for other wrestlers, and making THEM look better, will help.

2 time mitb winner, 3 time world champion, headlining ppvs = nobody

remembers when punk's nexus and straight edge society t-shirts were worn in the crowds = his merchandise wasn't selling

remembers fans anticipating punks ppv matches because they were normally the match of the night = nobody thinking about cm punk when they thought of wwe

• jono
    Options
    I went to Wrestlemania 23 and CM Punk's theme music was blaring in every car. Kids had their hands taped up and "straight edge" stickers on cars and t-shirts were everywhere. .CM Punk chants outside the building more than 2 hours before show started it was insane.

Very few were ? over like he was in 2006-2007. Especially considering he hasn't even been on TV a year he was doing great. They purposefully killed him momentum.

By the time they gave him the WHC his momentum had been slowed down. I remember when HHH said he wasn't always that over in 2011 and I couldn't stop laughing, I know dude is kinda old and the memory fades but that pop at Survivor Series 2006 had to be something he remembered.
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There was a time when I wasn't sure if CM Punk would ever beat John Morrison for that ECW title................................
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never understood why they took the title off Ziggler anyway. Seems like before he was really ever able to gain any steam as WHC, they just pulled the plug on him.

Yes, everybody pretty much knew that Orton was gonna become WWE champ again at some point, but why not just let Dolph continue to have his shine as WHC? Del Rio is a boring ass champion, imo and RVD should not be in the title picture this early ahead of Ziggler either. I'd rather have Big E as WHC instead of Alberto Del Boring.
  • jono
    Options
    Dolph lost his spot due to injury, that's some bold ? .
  • sobek
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I feel like they could've found a way to get the belt back on him or at least keep him in the title picture.

I just don't see why give it to Del Rio of all people when he's boring and stale as hell.
  • sobek
    Options
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Punk - had his year run he needs to let someone else have a run for now

Miz - is dod doo grits son championship run was worst than Diesel's imo

Ziggler - son iight but it aint his time

Barrett - spark when he started but now he just garbage son boring

Ambrose & Rollins - to early let them put in work

Danielson - Its his time son not only can wrestle but has the crowd
  • VIBE
    Options
  • Already Home_17
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I went to Wrestlemania 23 and CM Punk's theme music was blaring in every car. Kids had their hands taped up and "straight edge" stickers on cars and t-shirts were everywhere. .CM Punk chants outside the building more than 2 hours before show started it was insane.

Very few were ? over like he was in 2006-2007. Especially considering he hasn't even been on TV a year he was doing great. They purposefully killed him momentum.

By the time they gave him the WHC his momentum had been slowed down. I remember when HHH said he wasn't always that over in 2011 and I couldn't stop laughing, I know dude is kinda old and the memory fades but that pop at Survivor Series 2006 had to be something he remembered.

that survivor series team was stacked
    you had the hardy boys, one of the most popular tag teams in wwe history and they were recently reunited for the first time in 4 years
    i dont even have to name the accomplishments of hbk and hhh. even though dx lost its luster they were still incredibly popular

all four of those superstars have provided countless memories for the wwe fans, yet that crowd was going crazy for a dude that wasnt even on television for 6 months. ? had to burn the higher ups soul, and the burial began
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i dont mind dolph saying wats on his mind, he probably SHOULD complain, but say it to creative, show vince u not settling or takin no ? no more kinda like punk did, at the same time i also think the storyline is good, and can be better, it was time for orton to go heel, and he had been w/o the strap, plus he's still top 2-3 in the company(maybe 4 if bryan continues) i really think if done correctly this can make bryan a better star, and if they include ziggler and miz more, them too
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man the shield and ziggler got next after bryan
  • VIBE
    Options
    23125145 wrote: »
    man the shield and ziggler got next after bryan

Shield is done after this corporate angle.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ziggler sucks though. What's that wack finisher he has that looks like a half ass bulldog, really bruh.

Let's be realistic and just say a lot of wrestler's don't have the skill to match up with RKO and HHH besides Punk, Brock, Daniel Bryan and that ? on shield that spears the ? outta folks.