Odin wins trigon has been beaten by the teen titans
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But no love for Trigon.
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Isn't Trigon on Shuma status? Immensly powerful and virtually unstoppable so the only way to defeat him is to contain him?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would think he's more comparable to Dormammu than Shuma right?
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    He has very low showings...and his daughter has haded it to him several times.
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Trigon's far above Odin. The Presence makes deals with this ? to keep him in check. ? . Trigon just came to earth, and already slumped the Justice League with his presence. Odin rules Asgard and destroys Galaxies. Trigon rules over 30+ universes and destroys universes. It's not close. He's not Shuma, but he's like Cyttorak strong, above Galactus, below Shuma.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iirc, Odin, Shuma and Dormammu are all rivals in power. Galactus is more powerful than all of them.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    @darkraiden Odin just has far less low showings than Trigon....trigonometry also fluctuates a ton...Odin wins
  • DarkRaiden
    Options
    @jaxn nah. Dormammu's around Odin, true, and galactus is more powerful than them, but Shuma's universe to multiverse level. Shuma, the leader of the Many Angled Ones, made the Galactus Engine and had Sise-neg shook to fight him. Same Sise-neg that recreated the Marvel Universe/Multiverse right afterwards. He's far, far above Galactus.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I just want to point out that just because a being rules/destroys multiple universes or dimensions doesn't mean they are automatically stronger than people who don't. Galactus has no desire to rule or destroy a universe, so Trigon having done that in the past is not automatic proof he trumps Galactus in power. Let's not forget that the Universal Nullifier is an aspect of Galactus' own power. Reed Richards was able to use it to destroy and restart the universe, and he himself commented that what he did with itwould pale in comparsion to what someone like Galactus could do with it. The point being is that if Galactus wanted to destroy the universe, he could have done it a long time ago. He just has no desire to do that.

• jaxn
    Options
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    @jaxn nah. Dormammu's around Odin, true, and galactus is more powerful than them, but Shuma's universe to multiverse level. Shuma, the leader of the Many Angled Ones, made the Galactus Engine and had Sise-neg shook to fight him. Same Sise-neg that recreated the Marvel Universe/Multiverse right afterwards. He's far, far above Galactus.

Yeah, I still don't believe Shuma himself is more powerful than Galactus. Perhaps all of the Many Angled Ones together, are more powerful. Galactus himself is multiversal and the Galactus Engine you're referring to is an alternate Galactus from the Cancerverse iirc. The Many Angled Ones used Galactus and amplified his core or something turning it/him into a weapon.
  • jaxn
    Options
    I just want to point out that just because a being rules/destroys multiple universes or dimensions doesn't mean they are automatically stronger than people who don't. Galactus has no desire to rule or destroy a universe, so Trigon having done that in the past is not automatic proof he trumps Galactus in power. Let's not forget that the Universal Nullifier is an aspect of Galactus' own power. Reed Richards was able to use it to destroy and restart the universe, and he himself commented that what he did with itwould pale in comparsion to what someone like Galactus could do with it. The point being is that if Galactus wanted to destroy the universe, he could have done it a long time ago. He just has no desire to do that.

agreed. If Galactus wanted to rule the universe and countless dimensions and multiverse, he'd have a pretty good shot of doing that, but that's not even on his radar. His role is to bring balance to the Universe. Folks ? bricks at the idea of Galactus coming around..Lately he's been used a jobber to put some new "threat" over, but he's still pretty much the man before you get into guys like Arishem, Eternity and LT. Most of the times we see Galactus he's not fully fed which also plays a role in his battles. The fight with Odin for instance..despite being hungry, Odin still really couldn't do ? to Galactus. He got his headbutt off and then went into the Odinsleep..Galactus got up and continued his mission, not even worried about Odin.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    I am just going to be real...there you're hard pressed to keep Galactus of your top 10 powers in Marvel...and its debatable top 5. Shuma is a beast but he isn't that level. What we have to consider is that Shuma is a guy used to show a guy like Strange's power set. Even if he has a massive showing in that book...he isn't the guy they call on the show how resilient all superheroes are. They call Galactus for that. Sure maybe there are guys more powerful. But in Infinitt Gauntlet, the premiere weapon in Marvel possibly he was the most vocal. Its just different.

Anyways Trigon is a demon he needs dominion over as much ? as possible to exist. But Odin didn't struggle with Thanos and I am certain trigonometry would beat Seid but he would surely struggle. I know its bad logic. But Trigon isn't as intimidating as Odin...
  • DarkRaiden
    Options
    lol Trigon struggling with Darkseid. Nah. Trigon's presence beat the JLA, who beat Darkseid comfortably. Trigon's too powerful, he's universal in scale. Galactus is barely galaxy+ level. Ultimate Nullifier is cool and all, but it's not really Galactus's power as if he had such power....he'd never go hungry again. But he does. If he had such power, Tenebrous and Aegis or w/e wouldn't lay the smack down on him.

Plus if we talking ? bricks, Strange handled Galactus with ease and was scared to death to fight Shuma possessing the Ancient One. When Shuma was absorbed, his presence was destroying Galaxies while Galactus has to try to destroy star systems. But enough about Shuma.

Trigon's just.....well he was essentially unbeatable in all ways. He loses on plot/his daughter and that alone. He's an all out multiversal threat type ? . And btw Galactus would get smacked down if he tried to take over Earth nonetheless a universe. Stop playing. He still can't beat Franklin Richards, Scarlet Witch, Mad Jim Jaspers, Legion, Dr. Doom, this ? Gaalactus ain't doing ? . Not to mention Death, Eternity, Protege (if he's still around), all above him by far. Hell he stalemated 1 Vishanti. All 3 couldn't beat Shuma.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    lol Trigon struggling with Darkseid. Nah. Trigon's presence beat the JLA, who beat Darkseid comfortably. Trigon's too powerful, he's universal in scale. Galactus is barely galaxy+ level. Ultimate Nullifier is cool and all, but it's not really Galactus's power as if he had such power....he'd never go hungry again. But he does. If he had such power, Tenebrous and Aegis or w/e wouldn't lay the smack down on him.

Plus if we talking ? bricks, Strange handled Galactus with ease and was scared to death to fight Shuma possessing the Ancient One. When Shuma was absorbed, his presence was destroying Galaxies while Galactus has to try to destroy star systems. But enough about Shuma.

Trigon's just.....well he was essentially unbeatable in all ways. He loses on plot/his daughter and that alone. He's an all out multiversal threat type ? . And btw Galactus would get smacked down if he tried to take over Earth nonetheless a universe. Stop playing. He still can't beat Franklin Richards, Scarlet Witch, Mad Jim Jaspers, Legion, Dr. Doom, this ? Gaalactus ain't doing ? . Not to mention Death, Eternity, Protege (if he's still around), all above him by far. Hell he stalemated 1 Vishanti. All 3 couldn't beat Shuma.

The Ultimate Nullifier is Galactus' power. That's why he was able to summon it to himself when he was resurrected even though Abraxus had it at the time. And how is Galactus barely galaxy+ level when he and Tyrant destroyed multiple galaxies as collateral damage of their fight.

You don't seem to know what you're talking about. Galactus is constantly hungry because that's his purpose. It has no bearing on his power at all. Tenebrous and Aegis were primordial gods. They are only slightly lower than a reasonably fed Galactus and it took both of them to beat Galactus. I'm not sure where you get that Galactus has to "try" to destroy a star system when as recently as Annihilation he destroyed multiple star systems simply by letting out a temper tantrum.

And it's laughable that you throw up the plot card in defense of Trigon, but mention Strange beating Galactus despite the fact that he only did it because a) the Galactus is hungry and weakened plot device was in effect, and b) Strange game up with a DEM spell that made Galactus feel the pain of all his victims. Lastly, you completely abandoned your logic by saying Trigon > Galactus because Trigon took over DC Earth but Galactus can't take over Marvel Earth. Or that Trigon > Galactus because there are stronger Cosmics than Galactus in Marvel. I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make anymore.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    @darkraiden Family...you hate Galactus. He is the Ultimate Nullifier like fam The Lonious Monk said...you literally seem like you don't read comics. Like not saying you don't but it seems like you do. Its cool to acknowledge big appearances, but smaller appearances also count. Guys like Shuma, Cyttorak, Jim Jaspers, Franklin, Legion, they don't show up a ton and when they do its to give them exposure and build their case to see if their worthy of continuing or worthy or showing up in more popular books, so yes they get big showings, and there is all sorts of hyperbole thrown around. But they don't have powers comparable to Galactus, Eternity, Oblivion, and LT. Trigon is not going to beat Odin he has too many low showings.

Dr Doom ? ? Legion? Scarlet Witch? Jim Jaspers? Death is not bout it enough. Protege is not there. Galactus wasn't even really studying the Vishanti...Agamotto was doing nothing to Galactus lol...Vishanti does have a chance though thats a valid argument i would say. Franklin has a chance too...you just have to stop the bashing Galan
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Raven didn't beat Trigon. In his first appearance in The New Teen Titans 1980 series the Titans trapped him in another dimension. When he came back in the New Teen Titans vol 2 1984. The souls of the dead people of Azarath and Arella used Raven's body as a conduit to defeat Trigon.
    nttv2_005_p19.jpg

According to the plot point this was the people of Azarath reason for existing-to one day ? Trigon.

• evoljeanyes
    Options
    The teen titans couldn't come up with anything to beat Odin...I don't a ? if they had 29 years prep.
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The teen titans couldn't come up with anything to beat Odin...I don't a ? if they had 29 years prep.

Before all Gods are born on Earth they write what their life will be like before they are born. So the only thing the Teen Titans would have to do is to find and go to that place where all of the Gods write out what their life will be like and steal Odin's pen and paper. It's so simple.

• evoljeanyes
    Options
    Wait are you joking? If so, Odin wasn't born on Earth!
  • DarkRaiden
    Options

The Ultimate Nullifier is Galactus' power. That's why he was able to summon it to himself when he was resurrected even though Abraxus had it at the time. And how is Galactus barely galaxy+ level when he and Tyrant destroyed multiple galaxies as collateral damage of their fight.

You don't seem to know what you're talking about. Galactus is constantly hungry because that's his purpose. It has no bearing on his power at all. Tenebrous and Aegis were primordial gods. They are only slightly lower than a reasonably fed Galactus and it took both of them to beat Galactus. I'm not sure where you get that Galactus has to "try" to destroy a star system when as recently as Annihilation he destroyed multiple star systems simply by letting out a temper tantrum.

And it's laughable that you throw up the plot card in defense of Trigon, but mention Strange beating Galactus despite the fact that he only did it because a) the Galactus is hungry and weakened plot device was in effect, and b) Strange game up with a DEM spell that made Galactus feel the pain of all his victims. Lastly, you completely abandoned your logic by saying Trigon > Galactus because Trigon took over DC Earth but Galactus can't take over Marvel Earth. Or that Trigon > Galactus because there are stronger Cosmics than Galactus in Marvel. I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make anymore.

That's my point, at his best, he's reached galaxy level. That's it. And that was supposedly full power Galactus. usually he's solar system level. And yeah the annihilation thing was what I was talking about. Whether people admit it or not, throwing a temper tantrum is putting some considerable effort into an attack. And all he did was destroy Star Systems.

I don't think you understand my post though ? . Dude said Galactus is universal+ and can take over universes, I just said why he couldn't, Tenebrous and Aegis, Eternity, and more. I also pointed out how he can't take over Earth and thus not the universe. That wasn't the argument for Trigon, that was side ? . Keep up.

Now does Marvel have stronger cosmics? Not sure. DC has Spectre, 5th dimensional imps, The Endless, random people like Imperiex and Anti-Monitor, so who knows for real. No Trigon is more powerful because when he entered earth, EVERYONE was immediately killed. He's more powerful because he's conquered universes and Galactus has only reached Galaxies. Now Galactus might get close if he takes out the Ultimate Universe, but even then he needed Gah Lak Tus to do so (they fused). That version might be near Trigon, otherwise, nah. Trigon got better feats and even better hype.

And b, Strange beating him was not plot. That was Classic Strange, ? that beat In-Betweener, ? that stalemated LT for a time, and ? that was just time traveling and fighting Cosmics left and right. That ? was just a weak Galactus losing. Plot is when he loses to Avengers or X-men or Fantastic 4 or w/e.

And @evoljeanyes Doom has already absorbed Galactus's powers twice, ? smacked Surfer with ease, and has the same tech he used before, built into his armor. Galactus can't win, because his energy will be siphoned off, and his powers drained.

Legion has the universe in a box, created his own universe in Age of X, and destroyed the Elder Gods of Limbo who were said to be universal threats. Galactus ain't ? with a ? with the universe in a box.

Scarlet Witch meant clearly her HoM version and slightly after it when she was completely warping reality.

Jim Jaspers is at least universal in power (he's literally a Universal Reality Warper) and has been stated that he's and omniversal threat. Far above Galactus. And Galactus has admitted Death can take him and has died before.

No bashing of Galan, you're boosting him about 10 tiers above his paygrade.

Either way, Trigon should stomp Odin into the ground.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    That's my point, at his best, he's reached galaxy level. That's it. And that was supposedly full power Galactus. usually he's solar system level. And yeah the annihilation thing was what I was talking about. Whether people admit it or not, throwing a temper tantrum is putting some considerable effort into an attack. And all he did was destroy Star Systems.

Usually, when someone says a character is "Galaxy Level" or a "Galaxy Buster," they are saying that the character is able to destroy a galaxy when putting forth the effort. Casually destroying multiple galaxies with the excess energy from your battle is more than simply "Galaxy Level." Also, you're simply making ? up when you say Galactus put considerable effort into the attack. There was nothing at all that suggested that. He was basically angry as hell and just flipped his lid. And that was all it took to destroy several star systems and the majority of the Annihilation Wave which was stated to be a universal threat.
    I don't think you understand my post though ? . Dude said Galactus is universal+ and can take over universes, I just said why he couldn't, Tenebrous and Aegis, Eternity, and more. I also pointed out how he can't take over Earth and thus not the universe. That wasn't the argument for Trigon, that was side ? . Keep up.

I fail to see how what you said proves anything. Tenebrous and Aegis being able to gang up on Galactus and beat him doesn't mean he's not a Universal threat. The existence of Eternity and the other Cosmics above Galactus does not mean he's not a Universal threat. The fact that Galactus has access to a power that has already been use to rewrite the Universe and has been stated to be capable of more than that does mean he's a Universal threat.
    Now does Marvel have stronger cosmics? Not sure. DC has Spectre, 5th dimensional imps, The Endless, random people like Imperiex and Anti-Monitor, so who knows for real. No Trigon is more powerful because when he entered earth, EVERYONE was immediately killed. He's more powerful because he's conquered universes and Galactus has only reached Galaxies. Now Galactus might get close if he takes out the Ultimate Universe, but even then he needed Gah Lak Tus to do so (they fused). That version might be near Trigon, otherwise, nah. Trigon got better feats and even better hype.

Once again, you use a horrible lapse in logic. Galactus has no interest in conquering universes. He has no desire to destroy universes. All he wants to do is satiate his hunger and perform his universal duty. Even in that, it's been stated that he makes specific effort not to destroy anymore than he absolutely has to. So this silly ass argument you keep making that Trigon is more powerful because he's been more destructive needs to stop. If Galactus wanted to ? everyone on Earth, he could have done that a million times over. Hell, Surfer could easily do that. The point is that is not their goal.
    And b, Strange beating him was not plot. That was Classic Strange, ? that beat In-Betweener, ? that stalemated LT for a time, and ? that was just time traveling and fighting Cosmics left and right. That ? was just a weak Galactus losing. Plot is when he loses to Avengers or X-men or Fantastic 4 or w/e.

Galactus being "weakened due to hunger" when facing Strange is using a plot device. And Strange and his standard DEM methods of beating people way out of his league are plot devices. Plot doesn't have anything to do with who beats a character. It's all about how they beat that character.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options

And @evoljeanyes Doom has already absorbed Galactus's powers twice, ? smacked Surfer with ease, and has the same tech he used before, built into his armor. Galactus can't win, because his energy will be siphoned off, and his powers drained.

Legion has the universe in a box, created his own universe in Age of X, and destroyed the Elder Gods of Limbo who were said to be universal threats. Galactus ain't ? with a ? with the universe in a box.

Scarlet Witch meant clearly her HoM version and slightly after it when she was completely warping reality.

Jim Jaspers is at least universal in power (he's literally a Universal Reality Warper) and has been stated that he's and omniversal threat. Far above Galactus. And Galactus has admitted Death can take him and has died before.

? doom absorbed powers from bis ship you non comic book reading ass ? . He didn't take Galactus's power. Galactus still had his powers. And Doom admitted to being overwhelmed by the magnitude of the power. Jim Jasper's can't warp Galactus. Stop using ? like Universal or omniversal threat to decide who can beat who. Scarlet Witch is a peon. Relax. Galactus is used to show the ascension of humanity amongst the cosmos. He is remarkably important. He is a necessity. Not a ? a necessity! You gotta start reading!
  • jaxn
    Options
    lol Trigon struggling with Darkseid. Nah. Trigon's presence beat the JLA, who beat Darkseid comfortably.
    um, Odin would casually defeat the JLA and Darkseid.
    Trigon's too powerful, he's universal in scale. Galactus is barely galaxy+ level. Ultimate Nullifier is cool and all, but it's not really Galactus's power as if he had such power....he'd never go hungry again. But he does. If he had such power, Tenebrous and Aegis or w/e wouldn't lay the smack down on him.
    barely galaxy level? Do you know anything about Galactus? the UN is Galactus' power..it's an extension of him. His hunger has nothing to do with power. His role in the universe is to bring balance, thus he needs to feed. T&A ganged up on a weakened Galactus..guess what happened eons ago when ALL of the primordial Gods were around fighting a fully fed Galactus? Galactus defeated them all and the ones he left alive he placed into containment. Galactus is >>>> Primoridal Gods

Galactus doesn't have to "try" to destory a solar system. When you wake up angry and let off a blast that decimates a universal fleet, destroys solar systems, as well as casually destroying a Watcher, I'd say you're operating with power that's far about solar system destroying level...
    Trigon's just.....well he was essentially unbeatable in all ways. He loses on plot/his daughter and that alone. He's an all out multiversal threat type ? . And btw Galactus would get smacked down if he tried to take over Earth nonetheless a universe.
    How do you come to the conclusion that he would get smack down? The only person on Earth who can stop him is Franklin. Other instances are plot induced stupidity unless you think the Marvel U can go on without an actual Earth for the heroes to live on.
    Stop playing. He still can't beat Franklin Richards,
    of course not, but then again, neither can Trigon. Franklin is a Celestial level reality warper
    Scarlet Witch, Mad Jim Jaspers, Legion, Dr. Doom, this ? Gaalactus ain't doing ? .
    these guys aren't even a blip on Galactus' radar..He literally would not even notice them if they were in the act of attacking him
    Not to mention Death, Eternity, Protege (if he's still around), all above him by far. Hell he stalemated 1 Vishanti. All 3 couldn't beat Shuma.

[/quote]
    who said they are far above him in power? Where are you getting this information? Besides why would Galactus fight his siblings? you do know that Eternity/Death/Galactus have a father/son/daughter/brother/sister relationship right? They are essential for the survival of the universe
  • jaxn
    Options

Galactus has destroyed multiple galaxies fighting his son Tyrant..so again where are you getting your info from? No, there wasn't any considerable effort..Galactus was imprisoned by T&A..when he was freed by Surfer he unleashed a casual omniversal blast..then got up and walked off. He had absolutely no concern about Annihilus because he was nothing to him. His only concern was for T&A..again, he has no desire to destroy the universe for the hell of it..then what would he eat?

Your logic is illogical.
    this post right here makes it clear you know very little about Galactus. You do realize that T&A were destroyed by the Silver Surfer right? The same Surfer who is nothing more than a gnat to Galactus. I'm still trying to understand what Eternity has to do with anything. He doesn't give a ? if Galactus wants to take over or not..the only person who would care is the LT..lol at Galactus not being able to take over the Earth, when his heralds can..
    Now does Marvel have stronger cosmics? Not sure. DC has Spectre, 5th dimensional imps, The Endless, random people like Imperiex and Anti-Monitor, so who knows for real. No Trigon is more powerful because when he entered earth, EVERYONE was immediately killed.
    so why are there still people living on Earth
    He's more powerful because he's conquered universes and Galactus has only reached Galaxies.
    these arguments are as illogical here as they were in the dbz thread. Galactus has NO DESIRE to take over universes..He's not an evil maniac bent on the destruction of mankind. He's a FORCE of the UNIVERSE/MULTIVERSE. His role is to bring BALANCE.
    Now Galactus might get close if he takes out the Ultimate Universe, but even then he needed Gah Lak Tus to do so (they fused). That version might be near Trigon, otherwise, nah. Trigon got better feats and even better hype.
    he needed the swarm? Did you read that issue? The swarm came to him and there was nothing it could do but merge with him, considering the 616 Galactus is the one true one. There are Galactus' throughout the multiverse..but only one true Galactus..this was discussed in the Abraxas issue..The swarmed merged with its master
    Do you not understand PIS or CIS? Strange beating anyone on this level is for the purposes of the story, unless you think Strange is walking around with all of that power on a regular basis..let me assure you, he's not.
    your argument is all over the place. Are you talking about when Doom absorbed Surfer's power? Or during the Beyonder saga?

and Franklin created a universe complete with cosmics and heralds, in a ball and kept the ball in his pocket..he did this as a kid..your point? I'm not quite sure Legacy is on the level of Franklin

and yet she still can't ? with Galactus..
    bwahahahahahahahahaha. JJ isn't more powerful than Franklin. JJ isn't more powerful than Galactus. Well, Death is you know Death..she takes EVERYONE when its time
    more like you have no idea what you're talking about but hey its all in fun

sure, if he can get by those pesky teen titans