Why can't ? be female?

Comments

• Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? is not a woman. A woman would not forsaken us women with a dreaded period.
  • Ghost Leopard
    Ghost Leopard Members Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The All or "? " is androgynous consisting of masculine and feminine principles. Trying to project gender as it applies on this plane of existence is a misstep. Your soul that which is eternal is also androgynous.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Souls don't exist.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    didn't they say ? was angry jealous and vengeful? Those to female traits, but I don't think he is a she.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    ohhhla wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    ? is not male nor is ? female

I thought ? created men out of his own image?

Doesn't mean his image is a man. Man was made from Him.

"Man" is a general term in certain contexts. "Mankind" is a term that includes women.

When ? made "man" in "his" own image it can mean ? made males, it could also mean ? made females in "his" own image. The sex of this image is not specified.

"Man" is merely a species of animal, it can literally be either sex.

Over-thinking, Man comes before Wo-man. ? being the original represents Man and nothing comes before Him. Man (meaning Man and Woman) consist of spirits within them and ? consists of the Father (Male before Female), The Son and the Holy Spirit therefore Man was made in His image because man has a spirit that comes from ? .
  • Ghost Leopard
    Souls don't exist.

Saying this only reveals the limits of your training.

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can't verify if we do have a soul or not, but I'm leaning we do not have a soul. It's a possibility.
  • Ghost Leopard
    How in the ? you talkin about some kmt ? , then say you don't believe in the soul, when all the egyptians did was talk and philosophy about the soul?
    You are ? .
  • Ajackson17
    edited September 2013
    How in the ? you talkin about some kmt ? , then say you don't believe in the soul, when all the egyptians did was talk and philosophy about the soul?
    You are ? .

Feelings.

The kemetians didn't know the brain controlled all the actions of the human, back then, but they would have revised and edited. Duh.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are ? .

Feelings.

The kemetians didn't know the brain controlled all the actions of the human, back then, but they would have revised and edited. Duh.

Would you please shut the ? up you don't know what you are talking about
    you read a few books about ancient egypt and saw a few ? ashra kwesi lectures and now you think you know something.
  • Ajackson17
    So who can shut you the ? up when you are rambling about nothing time and time again? This is a forum deal with it.
  • ohhhla
    Souls don't exist.

Saying this only reveals the limits of your training.

Demonstrate that souls exist and I'll take that back..
  • zombie
    edited September 2013
    So who can shut you the ? up when you are rambling about nothing time and time again? This is a forum deal with it.

I never ramble i answer questions sometimes people disagree and then we debate. ancient egyptians believed in soul you stupid ? there soul theory was just as complex as any.
  • Ajackson17
    I know they believed in a soul theory goofy, I said I don't. I hold some of their principles that have withstand time, but I don't have to take everything. That's like saying if a spirtual system believes the earth is flat or lives on a tortoise back then I should believe that with ample proof that the earth is a sphere.
  • zombie
    I know they believed in a soul theory goofy, I said I don't. I hold some of their principles that have withstand time, but I don't have to take everything. That's like saying if a spirtual system believes the earth is flat or lives on a tortoise back then I should believe that with ample proof that the earth is a sphere.

The soul theory is central to their entire belief system without it the entire thing fall aparts this is not something you can drop off and have any coherent understanding of their concepts.
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Word. The "human soul" is a myth. If ? humans and infants have "souls", then so do intelligent, sentient non-humans. If intelligent, sentient non-humans have souls, then so do ? non-humans of the same species. And if ? non-humans of the same species as intelligent, sentient non-humans have souls, then so do all other nonhuman animals.

If infants have souls, then so do fetuses, embryos, and zygotes. If zygotes have souls, then a zygote that splits into identical twins has to either have two souls, or identical twins have half a soul each.

? makes no sense. It's just a form of speciesism that humans came up with to feel like they're not simply intelligent animals.
  • ohhhla
    Word, the human engine is the brain.

The human brain is all your personality, your likes, dislikes, how you breathe, listen, movement and etc.

Man, I'm assuming those who believe in souls are in 1st world country.

If not, then we have a serious problem.
  • Ghost Leopard
    Need yall to step out of that limited box of scientific materialism.

You only limit yourself not me. You have personal hang ups as to how and where souls can exist, that's on you.

You readily accept that energy can be neither created nor destroyed, there have been studies that show consciousness is a form of energy. So where was your condoms consciousness before birth and where will it go after death?

you can start with biocentrism and/or consciousness driven universe for western driven science. To speak to the left side of the brain.

That's not what the thread is focused around. It's about the the presumed gender of "? " so it is assumed that souls do exist.
  • Ajackson17
    edited September 2013
    That's a possibility, like I said it's all a possibility and until we can do more research on it, than we should just keep it a hypothesis. I like to see receipts or at least experiments on the matter at hand. Like for example, I believe I can walk, but until I do it's a hypothesis. Nah'mean?
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    because he created the first person in his image and that person was a man. had ? created eve first, then it would make sense to claim ? was female
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    there have been studies that show consciousness is a form of energy.

Human consciousness is a process that involves matter and energy, just like a fire.
  • Ghost Leopard
    Ok then what matter is consciousness made of and where is it located?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    ? is not male nor is ? female

I thought ? created men out of his own image?

Doesn't mean his image is a man. Man was made from Him.

"Man" is a general term in certain contexts. "Mankind" is a term that includes women.

When ? made "man" in "his" own image it can mean ? made males, it could also mean ? made females in "his" own image. The sex of this image is not specified.

"Man" is merely a species of animal, it can literally be either sex.

Over-thinking, Man comes before Wo-man. ? being the original represents Man and nothing comes before Him. Man (meaning Man and Woman) consist of spirits within them and ? consists of the Father (Male before Female), The Son and the Holy Spirit therefore Man was made in His image because man has a spirit that comes from ? .

You have no proof whatsoever that ? is male or female, it could be either. As was mentioned "man" is a general term, and if you want to consider the society that translated the bible it could have been mistranslated on purpose.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Word. The "human soul" is a myth. If ? humans and infants have "souls", then so do intelligent, sentient non-humans. If intelligent, sentient non-humans have souls, then so do ? non-humans of the same species. And if ? non-humans of the same species as intelligent, sentient non-humans have souls, then so do all other nonhuman animals.

If infants have souls, then so do fetuses, embryos, and zygotes. If zygotes have souls, then a zygote that splits into identical twins has to either have two souls, or identical twins have half a soul each.

? makes no sense. It's just a form of speciesism that humans came up with to feel like they're not simply intelligent animals.

Damn that's etherous.
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Need yall to step out of that limited box of scientific materialism.

You only limit yourself not me. You have personal hang ups as to how and where souls can exist, that's on you.

You readily accept that energy can be neither created nor destroyed, there have been studies that show consciousness is a form of energy. So where was your condoms consciousness before birth and where will it go after death?

you can start with biocentrism and/or consciousness driven universe for western driven science. To speak to the left side of the brain.

That's not what the thread is focused around. It's about the the presumed gender of "? " so it is assumed that souls do exist.
    Nosign the bolded. I only accept the total energy within an isolated system remains constant, and that net energy does not change.

The underlined makes no sense; energy changes forms all the time. If light energy is absorbed as heat by an ideal black body, that light is gone.

And as I said earlier, non-human animals also exhibit consciousness/sentience; even more so than human infants and mentally-? humans