Hurricane Katrina (When the Levees Broke) Part 1 & 2 2006

Knock_Twice
Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2013 in The Social Lounge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqCQVVvNASE -- Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7ow8i2x6Fc -- Part 2

Check out how my city and ppl were treated...See how the country treats their own...

It's pretty long...but take time out and check out the doc...

It's coming upon 10 years and it's still a mess down here...

Comments

• Sicky Mouse
    Sicky Mouse Members Posts: 470 ✭✭✭✭
    i thought this was a vid of levees breaking. these docs got me wanting to re watch that show Treme.
  • Knock_Twice
    edited September 2013
    It's a more in depth look on how things were when the storm came..but it talks about the levees and how they broke though..

Treme is a good show, but it's pretty much speaking on the aftermath post Katrina ordeal...

You can get a lot of feel with these docs and what is was like when the storm can and how the gov't acted towards the situation.

Alot of folks just see what the news aired and things..but don't really know how it was...and how we were in this mess...

• Knock_Twice
    The gov't went to Iraq and took care of those ppl, but couldn't take care of us it's own citizens...

• Sicky Mouse
    Sicky Mouse Members Posts: 470 ✭✭✭✭
    true new orleans might as well of been part of mexico after the storm. no ? given by bush.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one of the best documentaries I've ever seen. Probably because I can feel it more by being so close. Going cleanup and help at people's house. The smell and the things I saw after will always be scarred in my mind and heart. Really a sad time for people here. Props to Spike though.
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • mc317
    The familys that had no transportation or family to travel to i feel sorry, but the ? i saw talkin about i aint leavin then climbin in attics and roofs and ? what the ? you think was going to happened? Muthafuckas that owned they cribs and had insurance why the ? would u stay there ? that crib u could get another one. Like that ? we saw on the news jackin flat screens were the ? were you going to plug that ? in at? We gotta do better mane
  • mc317
    Walking around in water up to you neck and ? , water mocassins and gators and ? in that water ? that i would have been out that ? 2 days before storm hit .
  • MzKB
    MzKB Members Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've watched this doc so many times and I still get angry, feel grief, disappointed, ashamed, disgusted, fear, devastation. I feel every raw negative emotion as if this just happened yesterday.
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyler perry would never make a documentary this powerful. ? azz ? . Smh