Black Christian Folks, How do you feel a redneck calling y'all Uncle Tom?

Comments

• damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VIBE wrote: »
    Dude, you don't understand evolution, do you?

i honestly dont give a ? about the theory of evolution... yall have yet 2 show me how it works.. and when i give yall a scenario using yall own words yall are saying "i dont get it" yet im using yall words lol smh..

thats what happens when u become a educated googler

"yet to show him how it works"

*has given him plenty of examples and he doesn't do his own research either

LOL @ it being our fault for your own ignorance.

ive given rebuttals 2 everything you have said.. and showed holes in the thinking..

and jus like its my fault 4 yo ignorance... if u wasn't so bent on tryna prove me wrong and actually read my posts u would see they make sense.. ironically I have used yo own words against u... jus as some of u have used mines against me..

before I even got in this debate I was open in sayin I kno there are holes in any religious thought process.. jus as it is in science... yet not one " atheist" in here have said " there are holes in the scientific theories/thought processes" which u kno to be true...
  • damobb2deep
    jono wrote: »

i honestly dont give a ? about the theory of evolution... y'all have yet 2 show me how it works.. and when i give yall a scenario using yall own words yall are saying "i dont get it" yet im using yall words lol smh..

Look the Christians don't really care about ? except human evolution so let me point you to the easiest simplest explanation of evolution I've seen. It's literally 2 minutes.

http://youtu.be/68g0MBO_uTM

with this I have a question still.. we have a common ancestor... cool... but if this is true why and how did we all " split" and why chimps aint " higher in the food chain" meaning why are we so much farther advanced then they are if we " split" from a common ancestor around the same time?
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

i honestly dont give a ? about the theory of evolution... y'all have yet 2 show me how it works.. and when i give yall a scenario using yall own words yall are saying "i dont get it" yet im using yall words lol smh..

Look the Christians don't really care about ? except human evolution so let me point you to the easiest simplest explanation of evolution I've seen. It's literally 2 minutes.

with this I have a question still.. we have a common ancestor... cool... but if this is true why and how did we all " split" and why chimps aint " higher in the food chain" meaning why are we so much farther advanced then they are if we " split" from a common ancestor around the same time?

Natural selection.

We've evolved due to our bigger brains.

Have you ever looked up compare the Human brain to the Chimps brain?

That ? is twice as large.
  • damobb2deep
    ohhhla wrote: »

Natural selection.

We've evolved due to our bigger brains.

Have you ever looked up compare the Human brain to the Chimps brain?

That ? is twice as large.

? a gorillas brain is prolly bigger then ours yet they are not farther advanced then us.. there are plenty on animals that have bigger brains then us..
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sure you mean why are we more advanced? That's a product of evolution. The growth of the human brain is a major reason we are more "advanced" than other apes.

What more than likely happened was our common ancestor began traveling (either by choice or by force) and the change of environment forced physical changes. Lifestyle, environment these things matter alot in evolution.

Think of it this way, take a house cat and put it in the jungle, only two things will happen 1) it finds a way to live or 2) it dies. Evolution explains why our house cat can become something different over thousands of years and ultimately it's a new kind of cat as it had to make changes physically to live.
  • ohhhla
    What? No, not even close.

No wonder you think this ? about evolution.

You're not even educated about it.

It's like we're teaching the ? .

The human brain is so big for our bodies.
  • ohhhla
    Natural selection, adaption, genetic drift, sexual selection and mutation.

These are the facts of evolution.
  • damobb2deep
    What? No, not even close.

No wonder you think this ? about evolution.

You're not even educated about it.

It's like we're teaching the ? .

The human brain is so big for our bodies.

again idgaf about evolution..

and yea im not really " educated" about it but I do kno enough...

I kno what u are sayin " 4 the size of the average man his brain is larger then a counter part of the same size" this may be true... but put that into context.. say an elephant we all kno have bigger brains then ours also bigger bodies.. also are known 2 be very smart.. but brain 2 body ratio maybe smaller then ours ( don't quote me on that) but again if the brain is where animals store knowledge about they surroundings, learn ect.. if you have a bigger brain woundnt that help yo advancement as a species? so said elephants although wouldn't be " as smart" at 1st be coherent enough to learn and teach its own about its suroundings so they brains can develop as well?
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why aren't Chimps and Humans the same? The same reason all Cats, Dogs and Reptiles are not the same. The same reason all Mammals are not the same.

Animals don't all evolve at the same rate.
  • BIGG WILL
    "Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" is a 1973 essay by the evolutionary biologist and Russian Orthodox Christian Theodosius Dobzhansky, criticising anti-evolution creationism and espousing theistic evolution
  • damobb2deep
    BIGG WILL wrote: »
    Why aren't Chimps and Humans the same? The same reason all Cats, Dogs and Reptiles are not the same. The same reason all Mammals are not the same.

so u sayin say 900,000 years from now a chimps can be as smart as us...
  • ohhhla
    No, ? . We didn't say this.

No humans came from Chimpanzees

Did you came from your sister, Mobb or your mother?
  • BIGG WILL

Do you think smart = evolution? Animals evolve based on stressors from their environment. We are good at what we do and they are good at what they do.

But to answer your question :

Natasha, a chimp at the Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary in Uganda, has always seemed different from her peers. She's learned to escape from her enclosure, teases human caretakers, and scores above other chimps in communication tests. Now, Natasha has a new title: genius. In the largest and most in-depth survey of chimpanzee intelligence, researchers found that Natasha was the smartest of the 106 chimps they tested—a finding that suggests that apes have their geniuses, too.

"Natasha was really much better than other chimps," says biologist and first author of the new study Esther Herrmann of the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany.

"This study is top-notch and shows clearly that our traditional ideas about intelligence no longer hold," Hare says. "There are many different types of intelligence that vary independently of one another. This means there are many different types of genius, even in animals."
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Smart"/intelligence is relative. Chimps don't need Internet and ? , hell we don't need it. All he needs to know is how to function in his environment.
  • damobb2deep

"Smart"/intelligence is relative. Chimps don't need Internet and ? , hell we don't need it. All he needs to know is how to function in his environment.

this is true... that's my point...
  • damobb2deep

Do you think smart = evolution? Animals evolve based on stressors from their environment. We are good at what we do and they are good at what they do.

But to answer your question :

Natasha, a chimp at the Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary in Uganda, has always seemed different from her peers. She's learned to escape from her enclosure, teases human caretakers, and scores above other chimps in communication tests. Now, Natasha has a new title: genius. In the largest and most in-depth survey of chimpanzee intelligence, researchers found that Natasha was the smartest of the 106 chimps they tested—a finding that suggests that apes have their geniuses, too.

"Natasha was really much better than other chimps," says biologist and first author of the new study Esther Herrmann of the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany.

"This study is top-notch and shows clearly that our traditional ideas about intelligence no longer hold," Hare says. "There are many different types of intelligence that vary independently of one another. This means there are many different types of genius, even in animals."

I thought this was common knowledge tho..
  • BIGG WILL
    You are that one that asked the question that didn't pertain to what we are debating, then said that's your point.

Yea, that makes sense.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013

the evolution of intelligence is not trapped by time frame, there are animals that have been on earth longer than us but never reached our level on intelligence. How does our level of intelligence/sentience evolve? we don't ? no, as there is no other creature on earth that has our high level of consciousness. WE ARE SPECIAL and many of the rules of evolution observed in other creatures no longer apply to us.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The evolution of intelligence has decreased. Our predecessors have higher IQ's than us.
  • damobb2deep
    You are that one that asked the question that didn't pertain to what we are debating, then said that's your point.

Yea, that makes sense.

i basically used u 2 answer/show u my point.. intelegence dont equal evolution..
  • ohhhla
    The evolution of intelligence has decreased. Our predecessors have higher IQ's than us.

What the ? are you talking about?

Back up your claim
  • ohhhla
    Humans are not special

@zombie

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Humans are not special

@zombie

yeah we are.

all other creatures are forced to live in "nature" and are victims of their nature. They change or die with their environment whilst we willingly change our environment to suit us and soon we will be able to change our childrens biology to suit us. No other creature can do this so we are SPECIAL AND fundamentally different from any other creature.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭

What the ? are you talking about?

Back up your claim

If you think the technological advances is what determines our intelligence you're wrong. Scientist still can't figure out how Egyptians were about to build pyramids that allowed light in without light bulbs or how these ? invented submarines without technology. The only thing we did was take something from Thomas Edison and Tesla and add to it but theoretically our knowledge was never as advanced as theirs.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smartphones = Pryamids
This discussion has been closed.