Jim Ross Announces Retirement

Young Gunner
Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
WWE.com is reporting that Jim Ross has retired from WWE to focus on his personal business endeavors.

Ross has been with the company, off-and-on, for over 20 years, making his debut at WrestleMania 9, and was eventually inducted into the WWE Hall Of Fame in 2007

BUT..............

As announced earlier, WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross is retiring after 20 years with the company.

Aside from Jim Ross wanting to focus on "other business ventures" (most notably his JR's Barbecue company), the Wrestling Observer reports that WWE Chairman Vince McMahon had a role in his departure.

According to Observer report, Ross and McMahon met yesterday (Wednesday) to discuss Ross's future with the company, which led to the decision for Ross to retire.

It's being said that Ric Flair's unruly behavior at the WWE 2K14 panel during SummerSlam weekend was a contributing factor in his departure. WWE management felt that Ross, who hosted the event, should have cut off Ric Flair when he went off-script and made several controversial remarks in front of WWE & 2K Sports executives

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smh, JR and Vince stay getting into it. I don't see how they worked together so many years.

Anyway, good for JR. He deserves a big send off the way HBK got. He should announce it live on RAW.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember in 05 when they embarrassed rawse on that raw homecoming? ? was disgusting, happy for rawse though, he made the old wwf more enjoyable
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah Vince always ? on JR....dude is the GOAT
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Damn shouldve gone out at Mania
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad day man....
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    J.R.>Gordon Solie!!!
  • herbalism101
    herbalism101 Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is it with Vince that he hates JR so much? From the constant ribs to the excessive insults about his bells palsy. Now they are gonna blame Flair's outburst(that made the symposium more entertaining) on him?

Vince's ego needs it's own galaxy...........
  • 1CK1S
    What is it with Vince that he hates JR so much? From the constant ribs to the excessive insults about his bells palsy. Now they are gonna blame Flair's outburst(that made the symposium more entertaining) on him?

The hate for Vince would be the length of a memoir. There is soooo many things people don't like about Vince. In Jim Ross's case he holds animosity towards him because of the fact that he bought out the other wrestling organizations & turned wrestling into a monopoly!!!
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking this was premeditated. Vince must've been looking for a good reason to do this and I guess he found it
  • herbalism101
    herbalism101 Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    icks86 wrote: »

The hate for Vince would be the length of a memoir. There is soooo many things people don't like about Vince. In Jim Ross's case he holds animosity towards him because of the fact that he bought out the other wrestling organizations & turned wrestling into a monopoly!!!

I think you misread what I posted bredren.....Its the other way around......
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    what did Ric Flair say?
  • 1CK1S

I think you misread what I posted bredren.....Its the other way around......

Oh in that case J.R. was from rival company & we all know how Vince treats his employees that came from other companies!!!
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vince been trying to replace JR for decades.....LOL!!!

each time he does make JR quit or fires him, the new announcing team reviews are ? , so Vince brings him back, and all is back to normal.

UNTIL.....

either JR has a relapse of his Bells and has to take time off again or Vince nitpicks and fires him, like this time.

? is crazy.

But the ? up thing is, each time, Vince makes a mockery of JR in either his return by adding him into an angle where he gets beat up, or during his send off, he gets disrespected and beat up. I don't understand why JR even agrees to these angles. He should just bow out and be gone. He put in his time, the fans respect him, regardless if Vince doesn't, and ride into the sunset. But I bet he'll get one last angle where he'll get publicly disrespected by Vince or someone else and walk off with his hat hanging down or get caught in someone's finisher and stretchered out.

J.R.>Gordon Solie!!!

Two different eras of wrestling, so they are comparable. One is no better than the other.

JR called matches like an excited fan. Solie called matches in a play by play style like Howard Cosell because the matches were slower back in his day. Now, everything is so fast and action packed, almost all announcers have to call a match like JR for the match to be watchable.
  • Killface_toast
    Killface_toast Members Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    It's not vince that has a problem with JR it's kevin dunn.
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If SCSA ever comes back for another match, I want JR back at the announcers table just for the nostalgia. Wouldn't want to listen to anyone else
  • Trill Gate$
    Trill Gate$ Members Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭
    JR said he had no plans to retire. Vince hates that dude for some reason
  • Ol' Fred
    Ol' Fred Members Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dam! po' JR, they alwayz treatin him like he a red-headed stepchild due to him bein' from WCW!
    ? vince & kevin dunn, evil ass muthafuckas!
    JR wuz one of da most entertainin' commentators of all time especially round' da attitude era!
    3ogf72.jpg
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Jim Ross"Retirement" = The Stamford Screwjob?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-af1jR0AgI
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sobek wrote: »
    If SCSA ever comes back for another match, I want JR back at the announcers table just for the nostalgia. Wouldn't want to listen to anyone else

STONE COLD! STONE COLD! STONE COLD!
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JR adlibs of the action will always be GOAT....
  • Killface_toast
    Killface_toast Members Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    Paul Heyman's story about the first time he and JR called a show is GOAT
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paul Heyman's story about the first time he and JR called a show is GOAT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZpGDJAwLVs

2:44:30