Cam: Being a black QB isnt a big deal

Comments

• A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matt- wrote: »
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    On the topic of black QB's, I hope Tyrod Taylor gets a legit shot to start somewhere. Same way Matt Schaub got a shot and even Matt Flynn after balling in one game. Word to Kevin Kolb.

smh i thought 2013 would finally be the year folks would stop lobbying for Tyrod Taylor. let it go

Jimmy Clausen post
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    icks86 wrote: »
    Has there ever been a starting QB thats Asian?

Not in the NFL, but there have been several in college!!!

Timmy Chang the goat.

artb.jpg

Statistically when he graduated he was lol.

I remember him and Colt Brennan use to light ? up. They was a fun team to watch, only thing is ESPN would air they games at 1 in the morning.

Chase Keenum, Graham Harrell and Colt Brennan surpased Chang.. But Chang was the NCAA leader in td passes and passing yards.. He was a backup QB in the CFL last I heard.

But yeah Hawaii used to air it out big time.

Chang is a graduate assistant working under June Jones at SMU now.

Lol I didn't know Colt Brennan went to U of Colorado but caught a case and got kicked off the team.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matt- wrote: »
    On the topic of black QB's, I hope Tyrod Taylor gets a legit shot to start somewhere. Same way Matt Schaub got a shot and even Matt Flynn after balling in one game. Word to Kevin Kolb.

smh i thought 2013 would finally be the year folks would stop lobbying for Tyrod Taylor. let it go

Jimmy Clausen post

yeah i'm really anxious to see clausen get another shot. actually 2. in his chest
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dennis Dixon>>>Matt Flynn, Blaine Gabbert, ? -ass Brandon Weeden. Two of those three are starting, and Flynn got a big-ass contract for garbage time yards.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not anymore. The young guns about to run the game.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    Blaine Gabbert is the worst. I don't see how he isn't bashed and criticized more often. I guess because his team is so awful he gets a pass. But that ? is gabbage. Blaine Gabbage. Mjd down there wasting away. Smh
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with him, why do they need to qualify his position by bringing in race. It's basically implying blacks are or have been lesser or not capable of. That's like someone saying black Harvard student, why can't i just be a Harvard student.
  • TigerWoods
    TigerWoods Members Posts: 54 ✭✭✭
    i applaud this young man's approach
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blaine Gabbert is the worst. I don't see how he isn't bashed and criticized more often. I guess because his team is so awful he gets a pass. But that ? is gabbage. Blaine Gabbage. Mjd down there wasting away. Smh

B/C he's nondescript. Just another white QB. Not as recognizable and yeah in addition to being terrible, the Jags aren't in a big media market for NFL football.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1of1 wrote: »

B/C he's nondescript. Just another white QB. Not as recognizable and yeah in addition to being terrible, the Jags aren't in a big media market for NFL football.

Jags need tebow
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Hes right. He should focus on being the best QB, and not a black one.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's like a white guy at work telling you "you're pretty good for a black guy" It's the same damn thing.
  • TheGambinoLegacy
    TheGambinoLegacy Members Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭
    its only a big deal if they can win a Superbowl. its only been like 25 years.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doesn't happen for black qbs...
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember this discussion about the life of black qb's always being one step away from being in the grave

If they are drafted into a backup position , they almost never can get moved up the depth chart until the team needs to "rebuild" and blame the problems on him.
    Word to daunte cullpepper choosing to stay where he was rather than come back to the lions and be the scapegoat a few years back

And the more disappointing thing is that a black qb can almost never be a starter again once they lose a starting job somewhere else

Qb1 gets hurt and the team will call up any white scrub and give him a run
    Bruce gradkowski
    Josh mccown
    Luke mccown
    Tyler thigpin

None of them dudes should be gettin a phone call over Dennis Dixon, vy, and t-jack
  • RawAce
    And Troy smith

WTF happened wit dude?

He won just as many games for the niners that year as Alex smith and dude couldn't even get resigned

U can't tell me he wouldn't be better than Brandon weeden, jake locker, Blaine gabbert , or all the bums that played for the cardinals the past 2 years
  • A$AP_A$TON
    RawAce wrote: »
    I remember this discussion about the life of black qb's always being one step away from being in the grave

If they are drafted into a backup position , they almost never can get moved up the depth chart until the team needs to "rebuild" and blame the problems on him.
    Word to daunte cullpepper choosing to stay where he was rather than come back to the lions and be the scapegoat a few years back

And the more disappointing thing is that a black qb can almost never be a starter again once they lose a starting job somewhere else

Qb1 gets hurt and the team will call up any white scrub and give him a run
    Bruce gradkowski
    Josh mccown
    Luke mccown
    Tyler thigpin

None of them dudes should be gettin a phone call over Dennis Dixon, vy, and t-jack

Word to David Garrard and Jason Campbell.
  • NYETOPn
    NYETOPn Members Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    An Asian QB would probably have it easy in the NFL because I doubt the expectations would be really high...kinda like Jeremy Lin in the NBA.

Surely they'd be expected to read defenses well, especially if they're Harvard guys like Lin.

• RawAce
    Awe man
    Jason Campbell's treatment in the league deserves to be under review.
    Dude went thru like 4 different offensive systems in his time in DC. No one gives him any slack like they do/did for Alex smith.
    Alex smith got chance after chance with excuse after excuse.

I expect Campbell and mcnabb to snap one day and say s the ? they been wanting to say

Nah, I don't expect that, but it would be dope to hear the truth and not all thus PC ? they are expected to say.
    That's why I can understand why cam act how he act .
    Dude tryna get that upper echelon endorsement money.
    Dude been a walking advertisement since the rookie combine when he stopped to change shoes on camera
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Campbell not even bout to strt for the browns even tho he was next in line they goin with the 3rd string dude hoyer or some ?
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vince Young is finished a wrap for him.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn shame too
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vader wrote: »

Damn shame too

Philly
    Buffalo
    Green Bay

All gave him a chance.. He sucks now.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    Vader wrote: »
    Campbell not even bout to strt for the browns even tho he was next in line they goin with the 3rd string dude hoyer or some ?

Yea they ? up. Straight tanking.
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow yall capin for ? ass black QBs? I feel u, it's a lot a garbage crakkka qbs but yall set us back capin for Troy Smith. TJack is backin up Hustle Wilson anyway
This discussion has been closed.