The Official 2013-2014 NBA Offseason Thread

Options
Tommy bilfiger
Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2013 in From the Cheap Seats
Parallel rhymes said we gotta make a new one to fix the one midget mack fucced up

Comments

• bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    What do ya'll expect to happen during this offseason? Of course there will be some things that may change the course of the NBA championship picture next season and, when it does post it here.
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sports Illustrated is already dropping reports of the Heat and Greg Oden having mutual interest. It'll be good for Miami if they can sign him and the Bird. It would give them so versatile lineups.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the nba offseason last till 2014? they having another lockout!?
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bold statement: lakers resign bynum.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How soon before teams start tanking to get The #1 pick?
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I never understand tanking in the NBA, even if you have the worst record you're not guaranteed the #1 pick
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I never understand tanking in the NBA, even if you have the worst record you're not guaranteed the #1 pick

You know that old saying. "You can't win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket."
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    I don't expect the bulls to do to much plus they already in the luxury tax which limits their options this summer.They'll add a shooter and draft either a sg or bacc up 5

They'll use the whole "Rose returning is the best acquisition" bs.We about to lose marco,nate and rip off is outta here
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    @dailythunder 1m
    Via Bovada, Heat are 2/1 favorites to win the 2014 title, with the Thunder behind them at 11/2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O0i4nafwgU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmA_wtQ6Jgk
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I don't expect the bulls to do to much plus they already in the luxury tax which limits their options this summer.They'll add a shooter and draft either a sg or bacc up 5

They'll use the whole "Rose returning is the best acquisition" bs.We about to lose marco,nate and rip off is outta here

You still want ? gone?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »

You still want ? gone?

Yea but he'll be here one more year unless they trade him this summer.He gettin amnestied next summer
  • greenwood1921
    Options

You still want ? gone?

Yea but he'll be here one more year unless they trade him this summer.He gettin amnestied next summer

#12 Lotto Pick + Perk + Lamb for ?

Deal?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options

You still want ? gone?

#12 Lotto Pick + Perk + Lamb for ?

Deal?

Lmao hell yea I'd take that but presti aint stupid
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    tumblr_morecrwdsK1r98qz6o1_500.gif

Favorites for next year? Cool...
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    I wouldn't mind having ? as long as we keep 3baka.

? 's Head spray >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Perk.

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I wouldn't mind ? on the Nets.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wanna see if Danny Ferry can pull off the Magic City miracle lol.

But if not just keep bringing in assets and go for it in '14
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    *dead* @ the Magic City miracle.

• Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    If the pacers can get a solid pg and a shooter to play the 2 like redick or mayo they gonna be a serious problem

West already said he's staying and granger returns too.That's all they need is shooting and a better pg
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How is this a sticky but college football ain't.
  • greenwood1921
    edited June 2013
    Options
    The closer we get to the draft the more I think we're going to use that pick -- and it looks and sounds like it's going to be Steven Adams -- which I like.

Only thing I don't like is that Scottie has no patience for rookies or youngsters not named Durant, Westbrook or Ibaka.

Whoever we take with #12 I'ma need to see them get some decent minutes -- especially if its a big. I can understand Lamb or Perry not gettin' burn because of their skill set and positions, but if we get a center, there's no reason Perk or Thabeet should be automatically gettin' minutes over a more talented rookie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmdpZD61dUw

The thing I like most about Adams is that he he already has pro experience in the New Zealand league. And according to my homeboy Ebi Ere who played in Australia -- the NZ league has some respectable pro talent.

• Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PLEASE basketball Gods......

We havent had a center since Mutombo.

Can we have 1?

We'll get one either through the draft or FA. The only thing I'm sure about this squad is Al won't be playing C next year
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Really wish we could get dorrell to come back. His iffy year in philly might have made him affordable
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These ? on Numbers Don't Lie need to ? with these MJ/Lebron comparisons. ? is mad annoying.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The central division is gonna look real nasty by 2015 with Indiana, Chicago, & Cleveland.

But other than that Indiana needs a point guard wether it's Ellis or Bledsoe. I like George Hill but he's better as a backup. They also need to trade Danny Granger and resign David West if they can't resign him then they need to go after either Al Jefferson or Paul Milsap.

Chicago just needs to stay healthy and find another scorer to compliment Derrick Rose.

The Clippers are going for broke this summer, Atlanta & Houston will sign a big name, the Lakers will trade Pau Gasol, Metta World Peace, & some of their bench players for players that fit well into Mike D'antoni's offense.