Insidious 2

VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
No spoilers, but is it as good as the first? Scarier? Creepier?

Or did they ? up and end up doing too much and make it too unoriginal?

Comments

• dakidfrankie
    dakidfrankie Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it was scarier then the first one...started with the scary sense earlier then the first one...a little more funny sense I think it was better then the first one
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it was scarier simply for the fact that the red face demon wasn't in it this time. Still creepy tho and agree that it had a little bit more humor. Like the direction the end set the rest of the series up for too
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st movie scared me more than any horror movie in recent years and that ? was pg13 lol
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have never seen the first one ...from what I hear I should check it out as well as rhis one
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had nightmares.
  • VIBE
    I thought it was really good. I don't think it was cheesy at all, because usually sequels are ? .

The storyline, to me, was great. They intertwined it all so well in a good way.
    I hope the 3rd one is as good as the first two.

Obviously the "Darth Maul" demon comes back. I'm sure they'll explain his orgins.
  • VIBE
    And yeah, it wasn't "scary". It was a little trippy at times, sorta eerie.

The music is on point.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VIBE wrote: »
    I thought it was really good. I don't think it was cheesy at all, because usually sequels are ? .

The storyline, to me, was great. They intertwined it all so well in a good way.
    I hope the 3rd one is as good as the first two.

Obviously the "Darth Maul" demon comes back. I'm sure they'll explain his orgins.

Apparently it's not based on Judeo-Christian beliefs of the afterlife so they will have to explain where these demons come from.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didnt think the first one was bad, but that ending was stupid as hell.

Ive heard this one was better.
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For anyone that enjoyed the original its a must watch but not as good imo.
    no darth maul but quite a bit of exposition and expansion of the Insidious universe. This was definately funnier both intentionally & proably unintentional. As fan of horror flicks not sure if they were paying homage to 2 all time favorites...
    but was pleasantly suprised how this payed homage to a degree to the Shining & Pyscho. Movie has a hell of a pedigree when it has elements from poltergist, the shining and pyscho.
    will definately catch a part when it drops. But I expect a different family and it'll have a new director (since homie said he is done with horror flicks and now taking over the Fast & Furious franchise