John Legend - "Love in the Future" [Album]

focus
focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
John_Legend_Love_in_the_Future.jpg

Love in the Future is the fourth studio album by American R&B and soul singer-songwriter John Legend. The album was released on August 30, 2013. The album, executive produced by Legend, Kanye West and Dave Tozer, features guest appearances from Kimbra, Rick Ross, Stacy Barthe and Seal.

1. Love In The Future (Intro)
2. The Beginning…
3. Open Your Eyes
4. Made To Love
5. Who Do We Think We Are feat. Rick Ross
6. All Of Me
7. Hold On Longer
8. Save The Night
9. Tomorrow
10. What If I Told You? (Interlude)
11. Dreams
12. Wanna Be Loved
13. Angel (Interlude) feat. Stacy Barthe
14. You & I (Nobody In The World)
15. Asylum
16. Caught Up

Deluxe Version
17. So Gone
18. We Loved It feat. Seal
19. Aim High
20. For The First Time

Surprised there isn't a thread for this already. John Legend's first album is classic status for me, but...his second album I wasn't really feelin. He switched it up too much and went from that soulful, Kanye production and sound to something that resembled Barry Manilow and The Copacabana on "Come Over". Not the whole thing, there were some solid tracks, but overall...it dipped into elevator/lounge music way too often. I guess he was trying to go more mainstream. "Evolver" was better, but ehhh overall and forgettable.

This joint right here tho is a return to form. Dope album from start to finish. I was surprised when I looked at the credits and saw Kanye was heavily involved, but that makes sense given the overall quality in comparison to "Get Lifted".

Anybody else copped this?

Comments