I.y.o who deserved the ring the most but never got one ?

Options
CraigMakaveli
CraigMakaveli Members Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭
In your opinion who should have won that championship but it was a no go.

Comments

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    15-1 1998 vikings
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    That Seattle team that won like 112 games that season with Ichiro's first or second season in, I think they end up getting swept or dominated by the Yankees that year early 2000s.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    That 33-1 Memphis college basketball team with Derrick Rose.
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited September 2013
    Options
    The Lakers in 2004 with n old Payton and Malone were finally putting ? together at the right time only to be basically swept in 5 games by the Pistons in the finals.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    2007 Patriots were one or two plays away.. one or two plays.. id almost give up2 of the 3 superbowls for that one perfect season.
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited September 2013
    Options
    In terms of players

Basketball: Charles Barkley.. carried way too many teams.. 1996 Rockets (with Drexler and Keem granted), those late 80s 76ers those suns teams especially in 93. Wanted to see Allen Iverson win one also.

Baseball: Ken Griffey Jr... even Barry Bonds, even tho Bonds had his chance.

Football; Jim Kelly... dude made 4 straight superbowls, and some type of natural force didn't want him to win not a single one.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if if was a 5th
  • CraigMakaveli
    CraigMakaveli Members Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »
    If you can't win when it matters most you don't deserve anything

But we know there have been some people that were so legendary that you really wanted to see get it. But I agree with you
  • blackjack2012
    blackjack2012 Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2005 Seattle Seahawks...refs cheated.. should've been ours
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

/thread
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    The Lakers in 2004 with n old Payton and Malone were finally putting ? together at the right time only to basically swept in 5 games by the Pistons in the finals.

as a Detroiter I got to admit this too. i watched an interview with GP and they asked him whats most important on a team, talent, comradery, and something else i forget what the third thing (maybe it was experienced/veterans) and GP brought up them losing to the Pistons and he said.. we had more talent and should have beat them.. but they were a TEAM and had great chemistry. I was surpised we beat them so easily to be honest
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jusdre313 wrote: »
    The Lakers in 2004 with n old Payton and Malone were finally putting ? together at the right time only to basically swept in 5 games by the Pistons in the finals.

as a Detroiter I got to admit this too. i watched an interview with GP and they asked him whats most important on a team, talent, comradery, and something else i forget what the third thing (maybe it was experienced/veterans) and GP brought up them losing to the Pistons and he said.. we had more talent and should have beat them.. but they were a TEAM and had great chemistry. I was surpised we beat them so easily to be honest

Kobe forcing up shot while triple teamed and ignoring Shaq who was dominating the paint.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options

But we know there have been some people that were so legendary that you really wanted to see get it. But I agree with you

i disagree

see lebron james

there's more to than what happens on the field/court
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Butkus, O.J. Simpson, Barry Sanders, Terrell Owens.

Especially T.O. he outplayed everyone on the field, but the company man couldn't handle the pressure and threw up mom's spaghetti Campbell's chucky soup.
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
  • j dash
    j dash Members Posts: 276 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I wish I could of seen Barkley win a ring! He really did deserve one! Dude was a ? Beast!
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That 33-1 Memphis college basketball team with Derrick Rose.

freethrows smh