Remember when people were saying Eli is even comparable to Peyton? Where are they now?

Options

Comments

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some dude was arguing that Peyton is the greatest QB of all time.... He is my fave player but I had to hit homie up w the Shaq Face

Why is that not a legit argument ?
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »
    I'd take Eli over Peyton. What good is being the world's greatest QB when you fold up like a soggy napkin when everything is on the line? Yall so focused on the QB with the perfect game, and the perfect arm, and the perfect stats when his brother is the one that gets ? done. And he still got another 5 or 6 years to play. What will your excuse be if Eli gets 3 rings?

You can't teach this ? .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJu49k7vSdo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XSgZzHSts0

If you want to say Eli only won because of his defensive line, that's cool. You're entitled to your opinion. But just to state the facts, Peyton didn't have a bad front four either. Robert Mathis (5x Pro-Bowl) and Dwight Freeney (7x Pro-Bowl) have actually made more pro-bowls than Michael Strahan (7 Pro-Bowl), Justin Tuck (2 Pro-Bowl) and Osi Umenyiora (2 Pro-Bowl) combined. So yea...

Defense can't teach a quarterback how to do what Eli did. In the regular season Eli makes bonehead decisions sometimes but, when it comes to being on the world stage in professional football...he delivered BOTH times. Meanwhile his brother, the GOAT QB, was out there throwing pick 6's and having a slugfest with Rex Grossman of all people.

when did rex grossman play defense?

and again, the weather in that superbowl didnt do the quality of the game any favors. you expected a shootout in heavy rain?

I expected there to be a large disparity between the GOAT quarterback and somebody who really should be in the Canadian Football League. But there wasn't. Go figure.
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bigev240 wrote: »
    So last year it was Eli's fault when the defense folded against Atlanta and Baltimore. When your team is down by a lot you are going to take more risks to get your team back in the game. Yes Eli does make a lot of mistakes as a fan I can admit to that but damn.

If Eli was sooo great how come he couldn't overcome it?

Here's the thing when they won the super bowls they barely had a winning record and Eli throws allot of interceptions and he's not this mistake free qb you guys try to make him out to be same with Ben R. Even I'm the games Eli played in the playoffs he made tons of mistakes but the defenses didn't capitalize on all the mistakes he does make it's not that he's great he really truly is just lucky. He's a good solid qb he's not great.
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So last year it was Eli's fault when the defense folded against Atlanta and Baltimore. When your team is down by a lot you are going to take more risks to get your team back in the game. Yes Eli does make a lot of mistakes as a fan I can admit to that but damn.

Here's the thing when they won the super bowls they barely had a winning record and Eli throws allot of interceptions and he's not this mistake free qb you guys try to make him out to be same with Ben R. Even I'm the games Eli played in the playoffs he made tons of mistakes but the defenses didn't capitalize on all the mistakes he does make it's not that he's great he really truly is just lucky. He's a good solid qb he's not great.

Let me answer this one first. Alot of us Giants fans never said that he does not make mistakes because he does. But don't forget that in the second Super Bowl run he lead 6 comeback wins, that not counting the comebacks in the playoffs. If it wasn't for that the Giants would not have made it to the playoffs. And in that run he had 12TDs and 2INTs and he threw for 1866 yards. So I guess that takes luck.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Some dude was arguing that Peyton is the greatest QB of all time.... He is my fave player but I had to hit homie up w the Shaq Face

Think Kareem,Malone
  • R.D.
    Options

Think Kareem,Malone

Sheep mentality. Team game. And Peyton has one, if he wins another, you'll say he needs 3...
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Think Kareem,Malone

Sheep mentality. Team game. And Peyton has one, if he wins another, you'll say he needs 3...

I think for people to really shut up about him he needs to win one more. For me, I think he is good with the one.
  • BlackxChild
    Options

Let me answer this one first. Alot of us Giants fans never said that he does not make mistakes because he does. But don't forget that in the second Super Bowl run he lead 6 comeback wins, that not counting the comebacks in the playoffs. If it wasn't for that the Giants would not have made it to the playoffs. And in that run he had 12TDs and 2INTs and he threw for 1866 yards. So I guess that takes luck.

Did you ever consider the reason he needed that many 4th qtr comebacks was because he was the one who put them behind in the first place. Greg Cosell just stated on Colin cowherd show stated judging and off Super Bowls is stupid while talking about Brady and manning. If you ask players and coaches whose harder to prepare for Brady Eli or Peyton they'll say Peyton.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd take Eli over Peyton. What good is being the world's greatest QB when you fold up like a soggy napkin when everything is on the line? Yall so focused on the QB with the perfect game, and the perfect arm, and the perfect stats when his brother is the one that gets ? done. And he still got another 5 or 6 years to play. What will your excuse be if Eli gets 3 rings?

You can't teach this ? .

If you want to say Eli only won because of his defensive line, that's cool. You're entitled to your opinion. But just to state the facts, Peyton didn't have a bad front four either. Robert Mathis (5x Pro-Bowl) and Dwight Freeney (7x Pro-Bowl) have actually made more pro-bowls than Michael Strahan (7 Pro-Bowl), Justin Tuck (2 Pro-Bowl) and Osi Umenyiora (2 Pro-Bowl) combined. So yea...

Defense can't teach a quarterback how to do what Eli did. In the regular season Eli makes bonehead decisions sometimes but, when it comes to being on the world stage in professional football...he delivered BOTH times. Meanwhile his brother, the GOAT QB, was out there throwing pick 6's and having a slugfest with Rex Grossman of all people.

About once or twice a game
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember when t/s thought mike Williams was better than Dez

*ducks out of thread*
  • TheGambinoLegacy
    TheGambinoLegacy Members Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭
    Options
    who cares what other people think
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peyton is the better qb but he had rules changed for him and he butted up in the playoffs for years.... Eli is retarted at times but he is clutch.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is this rule you speak of of that only applies to Manning and not everybody else?
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can't teach this ? .

and again, the weather in that superbowl didnt do the quality of the game any favors. you expected a shootout in heavy rain?

I expected there to be a large disparity between the GOAT quarterback and somebody who really should be in the Canadian Football League. But there wasn't. Go figure.

colts won the game by 12 points. thats a pretty large deficit for a sb victory in this era
    brady out-dueled delhomme in the superbowl. there's an obvious large disparity there but the game was still close. nobody undermines that sb victory for brady. he did what he had to do to win. the other QB's performance wasnt in his control. same thing goes for peyton
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options

*ducks out of thread*

haha mannnn don't twist my words like that. I said at that point Williams was performin as well or better than Dez (I forget which). So as of then Williams was better, but I didn't know who would end up being the better receiver.

And the difference isn't big. Especially considering the Cowboys throw more and have a better QB.

Dez- 3,072 yards, 217 catches, 29 TD's
    Williams- 2,857 yards, 204 catches, 24 TD's

Dez is an underachiever.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Think Kareem,Malone

? I'm pretty sure I stated he s my favorite player. Manning stay watching Brady and his brother show him up ...ur mastery of the game means nothing if u win when it matters...
  • R.D.
    Options

Think Kareem,Malone

? I'm pretty sure I stated he s my favorite player. Manning stay watching Brady and his brother show him up ...ur mastery of the game means nothing if u win when it matters...

Show him up how

Peyton whips his brother'st eam ass head to head and Brady ain't won a ring since they got busted 4 cheating
  • BlackxChild
    Options

*ducks out of thread*

haha mannnn don't twist my words like that. I said at that point Williams was performin as well or better than Dez (I forget which). So as of then Williams was better, but I didn't know who would end up being the better receiver.

And the difference isn't big. Especially considering the Cowboys throw more and have a better QB.

Dez- 3,072 yards, 217 catches, 29 TD's
    Williams- 2,857 yards, 204 catches, 24 TD's

Dez is an underachiever.

You know dezs numbers are goat numbers in the 1st 3yrs right only 2 other receivers have put up numbers like that in first 3 yrs.
  • BlackxChild
    Options

Think Kareem,Malone

It literally is the other way around.... On cowherd a show this was talked about.
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Parallel rhymes body'd this thread, close it!
  • ghost!
    Options

Peyton whips his brother'st eam ass head to head and Brady ain't won a ring since they got busted 4 cheating

Stupid ass point..at this point.
  • R.D.
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »

It's relevant because in no other way has Brady outperformed Peyton consistently once rings are taken out of the equation
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Football is the ultimate team sport, you cannot compare QB's based off of rings. Put either one of these guys on the 49ers of the eighties or the Steelers of the seventies and they'd have 4 rings. But if you put them behind the 2002 Houston Texans Offensive line they'd be out of the league in three years.
  • ghost!
    edited September 2013
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »

It's relevant because in no other way has Brady outperformed Peyton consistently once rings are taken out of the equation

what?? how is that relevant when that year without cameras they went through 18 str8 teams (one being peyton's team)? Lost in the superbowl by 3 points off of a miracle play by ELI and Tyree? also beat the giants by the same margin a few weeks back? Went to two superbowls after the camera incident and lost by 3 points, the same margin in which they won all their superbowls by, and the camera's have been proven to not have anything to do with their superbowl wins by the NFL and various coaches, and analysts....that's a grasping at straws argument..

and brady has 2 reg season mvps..i would say that's two times he out performed Peyton and also has never thrown a pick to cost his team a victory in a superbowl..that one is big because on the biggest stage.. your all world QB should never cost your team a superbowl...

in all of Eli's blunders in the reg season, he never ? up when the money was on the line, either has brady (never cost his team a superbowl in 5 tries..5!...that right there is the end all be all....it donn't mean ish what u did in the reg season...what u do when the stakes are higher...
  • R.D.
    Options
    Are we really turning this into the 103rd Peyton vs Brady argument ?

I always love those