PlayStation 4 Bundle Contains Killzone, Camera, Second Controller

joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

And all for the same price as an Xbox One.

Original story: Sony is set to release a PlayStation 4 bundle that'll include a game and extra accessories for the same price the Xbox One will retail at in Europe.

Though the bundle hasn't been officially announced, that ever-trusty bastion of leaks Amazon France has revealed it'll include a copy of Killzone: Shadow Fall, the PlayStation 4 Camera and two DualShock 4 controllers. All this in addition to a Jet Black 500GB PlayStation 4 console.

At the moment the bundle is listed for retail at €499; the exact same amount as Microsoft's European Xbox One price.

PS4_Bundle-610x473.jpg

In contrast, anyone who pre-orders Microsoft's console will be getting an Xbox One, Kinect and a copy of FIFA 14 for the same price.

Back in June we heard that Sony had decided against bundling the PlayStation 4 Camera in with the console to make sure it beat Microsoft when it came down to price. Upon reflection, the company seems to have decided it can afford to include it in a bundle after all.

IGN has been told that there's no official news on UK or European bundles at this time. As soon as we know more, we'll let you know.

Comments

• joshuaboy
    Update: Sony has confirmed a PlayStation 4 bundle first leaked on Amazon France last month will be released in Europe.

The company's UK boss Fergal Gara told Eurogamer that the bundle, which contains a copy of Killzone: Shadow Fall, two DualShock 4 controllers and the PlayStation Camera along with the console, will cost €499; the same price as Microsoft's Xbox One. A UK price has yet to be confirmed, though Gara asserted the bundle would be within £10 of the Xbox Ones's UK price.

"I can officially confirm that the answer is yes [Sony will bring the bundle to the UK]," he said. "It'll be similarly benchmarked in euro equivalent. PlayStation 4 is £349 and €399, so it will be the same equivalent.

"It will be no more than a tenner either way [of the Xbox One £429 UK price] depending on what conversation rate we use on the given day."

Opting for the bundle marks a saving of around £70 when compared with buying the items separately. In contrast, Microsoft's Xbox One will come with FIFA 14, Kinect and a single Xbox One controller for the same price.

Gara also suggested that more bundles will be announced tomorrow. Anyone with an existing pre-order needn't worry about cancelling to upgrade, however. Gara explained retailers will be calling those who've pre-ordered in order of when they pre-purchased the console to offer them to chance to upgrade to one of the available bundles.

"It [the mega bundle] is in limited volume, and therefore it is probably going to go mainly to current pre-order customers, then follow-up volume may well be post-Christmas," Gara added.

"But there are other bundles that also represent incredibly good value. It's not just about having a good base price. We want to offer value in every way we can.

"Starting yesterday, our retail partners are contacting their pre-order customers in order, so starting with the first, working up to when they run out of that special bundle, saying, we now have clarity on exactly what PlayStation 4 bundles we have to offer for day one. Would you like option A, B, C or D?

"Everybody who has pre-ordered in the expectation they're getting just the PS4, including the DualShock 4 and the headset - the basic configuration. But as we've worked through the details and worked through the options we've come up with some great bundle offers. And it is only fair the first people in the queue get first chance to get that.

"It's a brilliant thing to do for the gamer. In theory there could be some free on day one, but I think it's unlikely, because the people in that queue are going to say yes please."

The PlayStation 4 will launch in Europe on November 29 and in North America on November 15, though no bundles have been confirmed for that territory just yet.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better have a US bundle.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a good deal. I haven't needed a second controller since PS2 though.
  • Karl.
    Interesting though. Would I rather have a new tech camera and FIFA or an old tech camera, Killzone and a spare controller for eBay.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »
    *snore*

Better that a 10 year old game with an overpriced console rofl
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better have a US bundle.

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    *snore*

I rather play a 10 year old game than a game that is going to put me to sleep. Killzone will never be a "thing" no matter how hard Sony tries. It's a lame franchise. Have no interest in the eye toy or whatever they're calling it either. Wake me up when they bundle this ? with Infamous: Second Son.
  • joshuaboy
    Karl. wrote: »

What you do when the battery dies and you want to game?
  • joshuaboy
    *snore*

yet you play Madden?
  • Karl.
    joshuaboy wrote: »

What you do when the battery dies and you want to game?

Xbox controller batteries are replaceable.
  • Karl.
    Or just plug it in with a USB cable.
  • joshuaboy

My TV is too big to sit less than ten feet from it
  • Karl.

The Xbox controller would've have suited you with the longer cable and replaceable batteries then.
  • joshuaboy

The Xbox controller would've have suited you with the longer cable and replaceable batteries then.

Who uses cables in 2013? This isn't Swansea you know