Skyfather level tournament

124»

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaxn wrote: »
    He's subjugated 100+ Universes. In Marvel, we've seen that the Eternity we know is part of a multi-versal conglomerate and all Marvel universes have a counterpart. Shuma couldn't have taken over those Universes without coming into conflict with the associated Eternity.
    so you just made that part up

It seems more like speculation. Logical. But speculative. Inaccurate speculation given the lack of continuity between writers.

How did I make it up? I guess you could say it's speculation, but it isn't really. It's canonical fact that every universe has an Eternity. Each Eternity is the embodiment of that particular universe. Shuma subjugating a universe means he has also subjugated that universe's Eternity. That's not speculation. That's a logical consequence of the facts at hand. Now it's speculation to say that Shuma beat all those Eternities in open combat. That's true, but whether it was done through combat or not, subjugating universes in the Marvel Universe means supplanting not just Eternity but a host of cosmics because we've seen what happens when threats try to take over a universe. Dormammu has never done it. He's taken over lots of other dimensions, but that's not the same.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odin
    He's subjugated 100+ Universes. In Marvel, we've seen that the Eternity we know is part of a multi-versal conglomerate and all Marvel universes have a counterpart. Shuma couldn't have taken over those Universes without coming into conflict with the associated Eternity.

It seems more like speculation. Logical. But speculative. Inaccurate speculation given the lack of continuity between writers.

How did I make it up? I guess you could say it's speculation, but it isn't really. It's canonical fact that every universe has an Eternity. Each Eternity is the embodiment of that particular universe. Shuma subjugating a universe means he has also subjugated that universe's Eternity. That's not speculation. That's a logical consequence of the facts at hand. Now it's speculation to say that Shuma beat all those Eternities in open combat. That's true, but whether it was done through combat or not, subjugating universes in the Marvel Universe means supplanting not just Eternity but a host of cosmics because we've seen what happens when threats try to take over a universe. Dormammu has never done it. He's taken over lots of other dimensions, but that's not the same.

I was kind of defending you, G. @jaxn believed that you made it up. I believed that you used logic to come to a conclusion. I think its hard to do that because of the way Marvel ignored continuity from writer to writer. Logically I think Dormammu is somewhere in between Shuma and Mephisto, but far closer to Shuma than Mephisto.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was kind of defending you, G. @jaxn believed that you made it up. I believed that you used logic to come to a conclusion. I think its hard to do that because of the way Marvel ignored continuity from writer to writer. Logically I think Dormammu is somewhere in between Shuma and Mephisto, but far closer to Shuma than Mephisto.

No I get it. I just tagged onto our response. I wasn't refuting anything you said.

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shuma Gorath
    Im guessing nobody read Mighty Avengers 2 yet?
  • evoljeanyes
    Odin
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Im guessing nobody read Mighty Avengers 2 yet?

Why you say that @bcotton5 what happened?

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shuma Gorath
    lol no spoilers
  • evoljeanyes
    Odin
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    lol no spoilers

Thanos the ? ! Lol