Xbox One will have a subscription-based fitness app

Options
joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2013 in IllGaming

ORIGINAL STORY: Xbox Fitness, a workout app for the Xbox One, was briefly spotted on Microsoft's official Xbox site before it was unceremoniously removed.

Thankfully, DualPixels managed to snag the info from the since removed page, detailing just what Xbox Fitness entailed. Evidently, it's going to use the new Kinect's fancy shmancy added features to better measure player performance. "Optimise every workout with immediate feedback on your form, power and heart rate with the all new Kinect, featuring Muscle Mapping, Power Gauge, and Pulse," read the official description.

The exercise app is also said to feature such celebrity trainers as Tracy Anderson, Jillian Michaels, Tony Horton, and Shaun Thompson.

Intriguingly, Xbox Fitness is purportedly going to be included in the cost of an Xbox Live Gold account, but only until November 2014. After that, getting unlimited access to the fitness app will cost an additional fee.

Xbox Fitness has yet to be officially unveiled, but I've requested a comment on the leak from Microsoft and am awaiting reply.

Comments

• joshuaboy
    Options

UPDATE: Microsoft has now officially announced its upcoming Xbox Fitness service and confirmed its inclusion with Xbox Live Gold memberships until December 2014.

As detailed in an Xbox Wire blog post, the application will feature a huge library of fitness videos and track your performance copying them.

Kinect will then read your heart rate without a monitor, track muscle engagement and gauge the quality of your performance.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of those things I'll say ill use but won't.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Microsoft Announces Xbox Fitness
    Feel the next-gen burn!
    by Lucy O'Brien SEPTEMBER 26, 2013

Fitness games have tended to be a big deal on Kinect for Xbox 360, so it comes as no surprise that Microsoft has officially revealed its Xbox Fitness app, a subscription-based service for the Xbox One that lets you interact with popular fitness videos through the next-gen console's Kinect sensor.

Xbox-Fitness-610x343.jpg

According to a post on Xbox Wire, Xbox Fitness will offer personalized program recommendations varying between 10 and 60 minutes in length, and its library of interactive videos comes courtesy of popular screamy trainers like Tony Horton, Shaun T, Jillian Michaels and Tracy Anderson. The app can "read your heart rate without a monitor, see which muscles are most engaged by measuring the power, force and transfer of weight in your body, and track the quality of your performance by measuring your balance, tempo and form," all via Kinect. Xbox Live will be the playground where you compare scores and challenge your friends to beat your performances.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90vnJ_cNKf0

Xbox Fitness will launch "this holiday," and will be free for Xbox Live Gold subscribers from the launch of Xbox One through to November 2014. From January 2015 onwards, unlimited access requires a paid Xbox Fitness Pass subscription on top of a Gold membership.

For more on the app, check out the official Xbox Wire post.
  • focus
    edited September 2013
    Options
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    ? what y'all thinking ........ I like this
  • focus
    Options
    It will be cool to snap in TV, Music, Movies, etc while working out...
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I actually go to a gym you know to get out, meet other people, get in a real workout and to do something besides play video games? I forgot that Live is an xbot's life though.
  • Karl.
    Options
    It does look good. I don't like working out in my house though.
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I actually go to a gym you know to get out, meet other people, get in a real workout and to do something besides play video games? I forgot that Live is an xbot's life though.

u take any chance u get to TRY and ? on xbox... like p90x and insanity isnt highly acclaimed by the fitness junkies .. .smh i think u just wish the ps4 had it first..
  • joshuaboy
    Options

I go to the gym too, but only do weight training and cardio. I would do this at home though while watching sports or some ? . Not gonna catch me doing aerobics in the gym really.
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »

u take any chance u get to TRY and ? on xbox... like p90x and insanity isnt highly acclaimed by the fitness junkies .. .smh i think u just wish the ps4 had it first..

First??? XB1 already out?
  • Karl.
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »

Nah, it's just a fact that the PS4 eye is not capable.
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »

And you know this how?
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And you know this how?

Not this ? again
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It does look good. I don't like working out in my house though.

me too. I hate sweating all over my living room. I could see people with workout rooms getting some use of this though.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And you know this how?

Let it go
  • Karl.
    Options
    Yeah, Josh. Let it go.
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    Yeah, Josh. Let it go.

What are you talking about? It's the weekend ......... I'm watching football (and football).
  • focus
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.